+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I had the honour of being on ASC'06 and we were told that cadets will be the FIRST people to use the ORCA's as training vessels
    CPO1 Matt Kelly
    RCSCC 263 Beacon Hill
    'swain
    CPO of the Band

lsmnlcaescsm

Quote Originally Posted by [.Drummer.]
    I had the honour of being on ASC'06 and we were told that cadets will be the FIRST people to use the ORCA's as training vessels

Really? Who told you that?

Banning IP Addresses - one spammer at a time

Funny that I recently heard the same thing.. I cant think for the life of me where though... (recently as within a month or two) .. its a fun rumour and I would be quite pleased to hear that its true.
    Bryan Watson
    102 frase2sub

i herd that two. i ould like to see that happening but i just can't

Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) J. Hillsden
    Really? Who told you that?
    Ma'am Ltcmdr head told us he was told by the commander of marpac.
    finlandscotlandBobby Jonescanadawales

Quote Originally Posted by Jones1545
    Ma'am Ltcmdr head told us he was told by the commander of marpac.
    That is right i remember him telling us that at the Banyon party that we would be teh first to use orca's
    CPO2 Loggia
    rclcmescsm
    Coxswain

hey i was just thinking if there gonna sell the old yags then we will have to use the new orca's and holly cow i can't wait to even see them in real life its going to make my summer if there at my summer camp
    PO1 Appleby.D
    TWGT 04,bozn TG1 05 ,TG2 06, Mar Eng 07
    ASC cutters 06, ASC Maple Leaf 07
    HMCS Vancouver Deployment 2007
    Staff 08

rotchfordj is on a distinguished road rotchfordj's Avatar
    Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston Ontario, Canada
    i find it interesting that the cadets will get first crack at them soon. seeing how the CO of NOTC said at the MOC wkd that people on NETPO and MARS III wont even see them this summer.....
    NCdt Joey Rotchford
    (Ret'd)Cox'n of RCSCC 251 Southern Cross

Currently at RMC

Well you see, this way if theres a problem and one sinks, its just a few cadets, rather than a ship load of trained MARS.
    Hutch

i heard at quest during the Awards Ceremonies For Yags after the swimming. it was LT. Cardinell Wasn't it? he said that ASC 2007 cadets will be the first to use them.
    CPO2 Aurielle Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner_gurl2345
    i heard at quest during the Awards Ceremonies For Yags after the swimming. it was LT. Cardinell Wasn't it? he said that ASC 2007 cadets will be the first to use them.
    No, what was said was that a admiral (can't remember the name) said, some days before, in front of a lot a persons that the sea cadets will be the first ones to use the Orca's class vessels. But since only 2 Orca should be ready for the next ASC, I seriously doubt that we will use them at that time... but we never know!
    Lt(N) M Robitaille

Where its wave over wave...

Marlin is on a distinguished road Marlin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FireForEffect
    I very much hope they do not replace or at worst phase out the YAG portion of cadet training, as i find it one of the favourite portions of our program. I myself rank Buffering a YAG as one of my top 3 cadet experiences and as a hopefully future Marine Engineer will be disapointed if our Senior Officer Staff allow this part of our program to simply melt away.
    I had the opportunity at the CIC dinner in Vancouver to hear the Admiral say that the sea cadets will be using the new vessels for training as it was part of the original business plan for purchase of the new vessels. He further stated that if sea time was lost due to other operational requirements on the Orca platforms that a replacement for the lost sea time would be found on other platforms.
    I am positive that the changes will be exciting and the transition challenging to the system,
    Lt(N) K. Nutbrown, CD
    Executive Officer
    349 RCSCC Chilliwack

I work in MOG 4 which is the people who oversee the YAGS. Everyone is very excited about the new YAGS and as already pointed out the final decision on who will be crewing them isn't made yet, however it looks like it will be very similar to the way it is now, with some beefed up training. The ORCAs will be delivered every 6 mths starting this fall. Of course it will have to go through trials Etc. They will take the old YAGS out of service over time. Eventually I'm sure the sea cadets will still be able to make use of the ORCAs, as that is what the plan is, but their primary mission will be training of officers in the CF as the current YAGS are now. A lot more info about it can be found on the DIN (for those with access) at the MARPAC-MOG4 website.

Sometime the term cadet is a short for officer-cadet. From the information we received on MOC weekend, NETPO and MARS III are not going to see it too soon.

I'm being redundant.

F.R. Bosse, BA(Hons.), G.Dip, rmc

Shaw_Cable is on a distinguished road Shaw_Cable's Avatar

New Yags!

go to this website to see the new orca clas yags!

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-navyagorca.htm

So your saying the next year when the cadets are going to have their YAG cruises... we're using the ones that you have shown?!
    PO1 Veeeeeeeto Chan
    ATHELETIC INSTRUCTOR 2007 COURSE PICTOU FLIGHT
    201 RCSCC GRILSE

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner C
    So your saying the next year when the cadets are going to have their YAG cruises... we're using the ones that you have shown?!
    possibly...ive heard that naval reserves are using them first. but i heard from a friend that they are making custom made orca class yags for sea cadets..IE no guns and and a diffrent wheel house.

Russell G is on a distinguished road Russell G's Avatar
    they look high tech i dunno if i would want a little new entry driving on of those beasts.
    Russell Grandison
    TWGT 03
    SAIL TG1 O4
    SAIL TG2 O5
    Silver sail O6

just to give you guys a hint...there is already threads made about the new orca class vessels
    LS Chris Morris
    Fire Control Operator
    "Deny, Decieve, Defeat"
    HMCS Ottawa
    "Ragae Revaeb"