+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    On my corps annual yag cruise the chief of the yag fleet was on my yag. He told me that the new orca class ships would have permanent commanding officer and a x/o. Just like on a any hmcs ship cic officer will not take command of the new orca class ships. as for the yags he said one guy is intrested in buying i think 3 of them.

rotchfordj is on a distinguished road rotchfordj's Avatar
    Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston Ontario, Canada
    At the RMC MOC weekend for all the ROTP/RETP cadets in canada there was a presentation from the commanding officer of NOTC Venture in which they mentioned the yeag replacement project and the new orca's. Thier primary use is the training of reg force mars/mare/sea log officers of the CF. However i doubt they will be explictly used just for that purpose. Weather or not sea cadets use them...........well all i can say is mybe down the road, anything is possible..
    NCdt Joey Rotchford
    (Ret'd)Cox'n of RCSCC 251 Southern Cross

Currently at RMC

Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr has a reputation beyond repute Jean Ann Cyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Isabelle158
    On my corps annual yag cruise the chief of the yag fleet was on my yag.
    The Chief of the YAG FLEET? We have one of those?

Do you mean the Reg Force Chief of NTS? (Chief Fraser??)

He doesn't have say in who uses the boats (new or old)

J

No he is not chief fraser. He said he was chief of the yag fleet and 10 boat. He told me about the orca class ships and ideas about how they would be run.
    I can't remember his name but he was are xo.

It's too bad those big flashy boats don't look like they have an upper pilotage above the wheel house to enjoy the sun on. Best thing in the world is plotting a fix up on the pilotage in the sun.
    canada Dickie, Michael L

CW Store
    Bodacious Boatswain #25 - 3166 lnlc v1.0

With the greenhouse effect of the chart table if the top is down, or the top in the way of shooting the fix if it's up, and the rain getting on your notebook, and the wind blowing stuff around...

While it's fun to realise that you're working on one of the last open bridges in the world, I bet it's even more fun to be able to work in the comfort of an enclosed one!

Quote Originally Posted by SLt McKay
    With the greenhouse effect of the chart table if the top is down, or the top in the way of shooting the fix if it's up, and the rain getting on your notebook, and the wind blowing stuff around...

While it's fun to realise that you're working on one of the last open bridges in the world, I bet it's even more fun to be able to work in the comfort of an enclosed one!
    Naw, you can't beat down the open sea air.
    canada Dickie, Michael L

CW Store

Quote Originally Posted by podick
    Naw, you can't beat down the open sea air.
    Thats what windows and the deck are for
    CPO1 Shane Stephenson (Ret)
    Retired Coxswain of RCSCC 178 Oakville
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    The empires of the future are the empires of the mind. - Sir Winston Churchill

canada poland england scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Shippy
    Thats what windows and the deck are for
    Good One.
    canada Dickie, Michael L

CW Store

Good One.
    Hehe No Problem

But in all fact... I love the sea air and the nice breeze... Being all couped up inside is no fun!

Hehe No Problem

But in all fact... I love the sea air and the nice breeze... Being all couped up inside is no fun!
    Makes me naucious as well when in really heavy seas and the waves are kicking you over from the side. Head on is kind of fun, but you get into those rolls out in the Straight some days, and your stomach just won't keep still.
    canada Dickie, Michael L

CW Store

Makes me naucious as well when in really heavy seas and the waves are kicking you over from the side. Head on is kind of fun, but you get into those rolls out in the Straight some days, and your stomach just won't keep still.
    As long as I can see the horizon I am fine... I dont fair to well below decks, even on some of the calmer days. But the dreaded upchuck rarely happens, I just feel like junk.

But I love open water none the less!

As long as I can see the horizon I am fine... I dont fair to well below decks, even on some of the calmer days. But the dreaded upchuck rarely happens, I just feel like junk.

But I love open water none the less!
    I'm definately with you on that one.
    canada Dickie, Michael L

CW Store

*Drool* Those new YAGs are smokin' they're so hot! Why does everything ever happen whenever I age out or move away? Oh well, I'm sure someone will enjoy them!
    CPO2 (ret'd) Selina Hughes
    328 St. Margaret's Bay
    Bos'n to the core - Boatshed '04 & '05 - Quadra
    Where'm I from? DA BAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) Jean Cyr
    The Chief of the YAG FLEET? We have one of those?

Do you mean the Reg Force Chief of NTS? (Chief Fraser??)

He doesn't have say in who uses the boats (new or old)

J
    Probably referring to CPO2 Ron Tom, the OIC of the Naval Tender Section. AFAIK, they still haven't come up with the official way ahead for what the required qualification will be to drive one of these skookum vessels. If I were a betting man, I would guess that sea cadet use will continue, but there'll be a core crew going along rather than the current "sign out the tender and go routine".
    Gene C. Fedderly, CD, RCN
    Lieutenant-Commander

qgjmcd2

Somewhere here on the internet there's an actual picture on these ships, not just a mock-up. They're really good pics, I just don't remember where they are. I saw them this summer when I was on Flot. If someone finds them you should post it on here for everyone.
    (I'm pretty sure the pic was taken of one of the american ships, built to the simular specs as the ORCA).
    Aged Out '05
    Cox'n '03-'05 (JTC.VC)
    Chief Of Flotilla '04
    Flot Engineer '04
    Flot Engineer '03
    Mar Eng '02 (top engineer)

oh my word there so nice woot

OOOOO LOOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!

ORCA Class
    ya, heres a pic
    Ian Fraser Cecil Philip Field
    ukscotlandjamaica
    p6p4

Sea hmmmmmm

i heard that we wont be alowed to use the new yags,is that true?

cuz if so that would suck

yeah...thats already been asked...maybe if you read the prior posts it'll become clear.
    BDR SCHEER
    MT NCO, C Bty, 1 RCHA

Volunteering with 2520 RCACC 71 Bty
    "UBIQUE"