+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Air Master Lesson Plan!!!

FINALLY i found the link to the master lesson plan online! those of you who need to use it, you can go here:

http://www.cadets.net/pac/aircad/res.../mlp_air_e.asp

YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYONE!!
    F/SGT Edmond Chung
    powerwings
    aircsm
    351 Silverstar Squadron

The 201

If anyone have the 201 or the drill manual WITH EO online please post it here!!! it would be a GREAT contribution!
    F/SGT Edmond Chung
    powerwings
    aircsm
    351 Silverstar Squadron

FSgt Baumann is on a distinguished road FSgt Baumann's Avatar
    Mississauga/Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
    i HAVE the 201, but theres no way i can post it, if anyone needs it, PM me and i'll find a way....
    Ross Baumann
    powerwingsrclcmeaircsmSDofE
    WO2 (ret'd) at 845 RC(Air)CS/Glider WO2 at RGS(C) 2006
    acadia canada uk

DA Wright is on a distinguished road DA Wright's Avatar
    Every unit in Central Region has been provided with a CR-ROM with both the Master Lesson Plans and the 201 (and a TON of other info) on it. These are updated annually and distributed. If your unit doesn't have one, the staff can request one from the Det. The 201 is not officially available on-line to the public, only through the DWAN.
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central
    Do, or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Gungod is on a distinguished road Gungod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Chung
    FINALLY i found the link to the master lesson plan online! those of you who need to use it, you can go here:

http://www.cadets.net/pac/aircad/res.../mlp_air_e.asp

YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYONE!!
    Or you could've gone here lol

http://www.cadet-world.com/cwforums/...ead.php?t=2011

Master Lesson Plan's are available to lvl 5's in our sqn I think (not totally sure). In any case, if not the CD-ROM, there's always the CTP (course training plan)
    Trenton ITIC Flight 20(riba-fish-20 cent) Intake I-Russian 2K4
    Connaught Rifle Coach Flight 1 (Thor Flight) Staff - Comrade Sgt M 2K5
    israel ukraine

Well at our squadron we dont have to use the master lesson plan .. we use the ctps online ! good luck
    Melanie Maillet

stephanie763 is on a distinguished road stephanie763's Avatar
    In our squadron, the officers hid the master lesson plans! They want us to print our own ctp's off the internet and make our own lesson plan. It's just totally unfair! What happens to those that don't have time to make their own? They are told to make one and the training officer wants to see it next time you teach a class! Are other squadrons like this?

Murrdawg is on a distinguished road Murrdawg's Avatar
    In our squadron, the officers hid the master lesson plans! They want us to print our own ctp's off the internet and make our own lesson plan. It's just totally unfair! What happens to those that don't have time to make their own? They are told to make one and the training officer wants to see it next time you teach a class! Are other squadrons like this?
    No time to make a lesson plan? It takes like 5 minutes to make a really bad one, and 20 minutes at most to make a good one. No time... tsk, tsk. There's always time, you just have to find it. Maybe sitting on the bus to do it, or maybe when you're in the bathroom (possibility), or even while eating. There's always time...

Yea, my squadron is like that. You can't teach the class with an MLP because you have to make your own. I don't mind it... It only takes me a few minutes to write a lesson plan. But I find that if you write it yourself than you know the information better because you have to like research it. I don't remember it being any other way. What's the point of teaching how to write a lesson plan if the instructors just go and print off a MLP?

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie763
    Those lesson plans are decent, but aren't a patch on what you can make yourself. At my sqn we're expected to have the entire lesson including any and all visual aids ready to go two weeks before the lesson so that it can be reviewed and approved by the level training officer. Oh and we're required to have a visual aid, only exception is drill.

As was already said lesson plans don't take that long to make, print off the sheets and do a bit of writing and you're done in 20 minutes or a half hour.

Murrdawg is on a distinguished road Murrdawg's Avatar
    I'm a level 4, and believe me, when the instructors read off the lesson plans, I am so bored, and I disrupt the class with questions or be a smart-*** because I have the book and know every answer. If you make your own lesson plan, you spark interest into the cadets.

Quote Originally Posted by condor888000
    Those lesson plans are decent, but aren't a patch on what you can make yourself. At my sqn we're expected to have the entire lesson including any and all visual aids ready to go two weeks before the lesson so that it can be reviewed and approved by the level training officer. Oh and we're required to have a visual aid, only exception is drill.

As was already said lesson plans don't take that long to make, print off the sheets and do a bit of writing and you're done in 20 minutes or a half hour.
    It's the exact same way in our squadron. I've already submitted all my lesson plans for the whole year! It didn't take me long to do them, no more than 15 mins each for a long lesson. Now, mind you, I teach level one so it's not terribly complicated information! lol

Exactly! The MLPs say WORD FOR WORD what's in the Handbooks. If the instructor is just going to read off the MLP, they might as well just say "OK everyone, turn to page 2-1 in your handbooks and read. When you're done reading I'll give you a test." It's not really teaching.

MLPs CAN be good though. I write my lesson plans off them, rephrasing every point. When I have to teach a class because the instructor didn't show up, they're invaluable. But I still read them a head of time and rephrase then while I'm teaching.
    My alignment is Chaotic Awesome.
    avoid stupidity
    ~Are YOU in the Band?~

Quote Originally Posted by Murrdawg
    I'm a level 4, and believe me, when the instructors read off the lesson plans, I am so bored, and I disrupt the class with questions or be a smart-***
    lol haha yeah im the same way, i make stupid comments or stare off into the abyss. lol yeah classes are so much more fun when the instructor knows what their talking about and they work a game into their lesson
    scotlandSara Jeffersonlsmrclcmeaircsm
    2003Rifle Coach
    2004Survival Instructor/Instructeur en survie
    2005SLC
    2006SLC C1 F/Sgt

Quote Originally Posted by Murrdawg
    I'm a level 4, and believe me, when the instructors read off the lesson plans, I am so bored, and I disrupt the class with questions or be a smart-*** because I have the book and know every answer. If you make your own lesson plan, you spark interest into the cadets.
    that's what I did in level 4 but I had been in FS and went to ITIC and all that jazz, and basically knew what they were teaching. I tryed to be quiet for the lil ones that were actually learning but level for truely was a bore... But stick with it until level 5! it's worth it
    Last edited by dutchygurl; 23rd January 2005 at 19:01. Reason: i just can't spell tonight :S

Master Lesson Plans!! *recoils* Argh! Those are to instructors as garlic is to vampires!!

Honestly guys, MLPs are a sad crutch that should only ever be used if you are told less than 5 minutes before a class that you are teaching. Any longer than that, you can easily whip up a lesson plan of your own which will be much easier to follow, and will provide the cadets with a more intellectual lesson.

As well, always remember your IT, and never forget the value of good training aids paired with EPICUS (USPICE) and CRREST - By using visual and verbal support, you can emphasise your points, encourage participation, maintain interest, confirm understanding, and ensure success. If you always keep these things in mind, even teaching a class off the top of your head will be much more valuable than a class taught from the MLPs.
    Lt Robin Braet
    - RCSCC LANARK
    HMCS ONTARIO Public Affairs 2012

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them

Quote Originally Posted by WO2 Pyro
    Master Lesson Plans!! *recoils* Argh! Those are to instructors as garlic is to vampires!!

Honestly guys, MLPs are a sad crutch that should only ever be used if you are told less than 5 minutes before a class that you are teaching. Any longer than that, you can easily whip up a lesson plan of your own which will be much easier to follow, and will provide the cadets with a more intellectual lesson.

As well, always remember your IT, and never forget the value of good training aids paired with EPICUS (USPICE) and CRREST - By using visual and verbal support, you can emphasise your points, encourage participation, maintain interest, confirm understanding, and ensure success. If you always keep these things in mind, even teaching a class off the top of your head will be much more valuable than a class taught from the MLPs.
    I concur. I've notied many spelling and grammar errors on them too. And they're also nearly impossible to create a lesson plan for a different topic using one as a template.

I like to make my own for certain topics because it gives me time to come up with relevant examples at the squadron level.
    Capt Eric Coomber
    CO - 535 Leamington RC(Air)CS
    CO - 2918 South Essex Scottish RC(Army)CC

Air

well I am teaching my first drill class tonight and my first leason next week or the week after and ya with the cpt I dont have a clue what I am doing but lets just say I do lol but ya I ahve instructers who read of the cpt and others who read out of the book and omg I can almsot fall sleep well I cant goes I am laughing to hard lol ( I like to laugh ) but ya I ahve only one realy good instructer its funny he rights in bright colours on his page but ya its kinda sad I am more ready to teach than my friend in level # and I am a level #

Quote Originally Posted by 632ROCKS!
    well I am teaching my first drill class tonight and my first leason next week or the week after and ya with the cpt I dont have a clue what I am doing but lets just say I do lol but ya I ahve instructers who read of the cpt and others who read out of the book and omg I can almsot fall sleep well I cant goes I am laughing to hard lol ( I like to laugh ) but ya I ahve only one realy good instructer its funny he rights in bright colours on his page but ya its kinda sad I am more ready to teach than my friend in level # and I am a level #

Hey hey, lets not diss our own instructors.
    'Imagine this...'