+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanders
    I'm about to become a private in the Hasty P's... Bravo Coy. Does anyone know where I'll be sent for basic? And what trades I can pursue as an ncm later on in communications?
    You will most likely go to either Petawawa or Borden, depending on who is running the course for LFCA. But before that happens you will be doing GMT with your brigade which could be at Meaford.
    Captain J. Gleiberman cd1
    Everytime I think I am out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Gleiberman
    You will most likely go to either Petawawa or Borden, depending on who is running the course for LFCA. But before that happens you will be doing GMT with your brigade which could be at Meaford.
    GMT... OH, you mean BMQ
    Last edited by Kmart; 1st January 2006 at 13:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmart
    BMT... OH, you mean BMQ
    Sorry I am a little behind on my terminology. It used to be called General Military Training.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW

Quote Originally Posted by J. Gleiberman
    Sorry I am a little behind on my terminology. It used to be called General Military Training.
    hahahaha, i was just kidding. it was my way of calling you old.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basic Military Qualifications = BMQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kmart
    hahahaha, i was just kidding. it was my way of calling you old.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basic Military Qualifications = BMQ
    In the SAW we have canes to deal with you whippersnappers.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW

cpl_corner is on a distinguished road cpl_corner's Avatar
    Hey on Dec 12 I took my CFAT test and qalified for everything I am just nevous about my PT test on Jan 10 and my MED/Int on Jan 18 (Jan 18 is also my 18 birthday) I just dont know what to expect

but by the time the summer rolls around, i'll already have both basic and SQ.. soooo... what will they do with me from there?
    "Any questions before you try orienteering for yourselves? Yes, Mr. Brennan?"
    "What if we get lost?"
    My son told me "take this". Lil bugger's 9 months old!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanders
    but by the time the summer rolls around, i'll already have both basic and SQ.. soooo... what will they do with me from there?
    It depends then on your unit and what other courses are being offered. At worst you might get a summer callout position.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW

Yoman is on a distinguished road Yoman's Avatar
    Fair guess... your trade training.

I'm in the process of completing (a lot of) paperwork, hoping for RegF Infantry NCM... never thought the forms would be THAT redundant

Quote Originally Posted by WO Occhipinti
    I'm in the process of completing (a lot of) paperwork, hoping for RegF Infantry NCM... never thought the forms would be THAT redundant
    I know how you feel I am in the same process for PRes infantry and its driving me crazy cause i hate paperwork and all the tests.

Quote Originally Posted by cpl_corner
    I know how you feel I am in the same process for PRes infantry and its driving me crazy cause i hate paperwork and all the tests.
    I can't recall how many times i've repeated the same thing in the different parts of the form

Quote Originally Posted by WO Occhipinti
    I can't recall how many times i've repeated the same thing in the different parts of the form
    It's the truth though the paperwork and the tests, interviews, medicals. In the last two months(which is when I started applying) I have been asked the same questions by like 10 different officers. It drives me nuts like doesnt anyone in that office ever talk to each other. cause there all from the same recruiting center/testing center.

cpl_corner, Are you joining the primary reserves or the reg force?

If you want to know I am joining the primary reserves(Grey and Simcoe Foresters B company in Barrie Ont.) witch only has one trade avaible NCM Infantry.

lol, mine is the same, hastings and prince edward regiment in peterborough
    "Any questions before you try orienteering for yourselves? Yes, Mr. Brennan?"
    "What if we get lost?"
    My son told me "take this". Lil bugger's 9 months old!

Its about time I noticed this thread since me and some friends of mine are full of questions about the ROTP program.

When applying for ROTP do you also send your application to the university as normal, or does it have to be customized for the CF?

Does the CF discriminate against political views? Such as, whether you have Left or Right wing ideals? Are we allowed to join a political party while in the CF?

Does the subsidy given vary depending on what university you are going to and how expensive its tuition is? Or is there a set subsidy size?

Are you comissioned only after graduation or can you become an officer with the cadet movement while you are attending university?

Do you attend any special training during your time in university or during summer breaks?

Once a member of the CF are we allowed to run any private business on the side? I consider myself a computer geek and I wondered if I would be able to run my own web-based business for some extra pocket cash (computers are also an expensive hobby )

Thats all for now but I'm sure I'll think of more later. Thanks in advance.
    CPO2 Ryan Woodford
    TG3 Bos'n Acadia 2006
    IE USA EAST 2005
    TG2 Bos'n Quadra 2004
    TG1 Bos'n Acadia 2003

Some answers but not all: (Civie University Officer types)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSpike
    Its about time I noticed this thread since me and some friends of mine are full of questions about the ROTP program.

When applying for ROTP do you also send your application to the university as normal, or does it have to be customized for the CF?

Does the CF discriminate against political views? Such as, whether you have Left or Right wing ideals? Are we allowed to join a political party while in the CF? No, The CF does not care, but you must remember that you support the government, regardless of political stripes you hold dear

Does the subsidy given vary depending on what university you are going to and how expensive its tuition is? Or is there a set subsidy size?

Are you comissioned only after graduation or can you become an officer with the cadet movement while you are attending university?Your an officer while in University - and you can volunteer with a local unit

Do you attend any special training during your time in university or during summer breaks?Summer you may pick up some courses and/or taskings

Once a member of the CF are we allowed to run any private business on the side? I consider myself a computer geek and I wondered if I would be able to run my own web-based business for some extra pocket cash (computers are also an expensive hobby )
    You can moonshine but good luck with that venture as some bases/ships/etc do not all have the same access as others.
    Thats all for now but I'm sure I'll think of more later. Thanks in advance.
    No longer a Prairie Corporal
    :
    I'll from now on only use smugness and sarcasm where its implementation will not be impeded by operator incompetency.

330attitude is on a distinguished road 330attitude's Avatar
    I am very interested in a career as an Air Navigator. From what I read here, you recieve wings. However, I am unable to become a military pilot (glasses). I was wondering if as a nav, the qualification of pilot is different, meaning that I could still do it. Any other information would be appreciated.

Second question: Would it hurt to take an extra semester of school and apply for ROTP a year later than usual?

Thanks,
    Miranda
    "De plus en plus rare"

Quote Originally Posted by 330attitude
    I am very interested in a career as an Air Navigator. From what I read here, you recieve wings. However, I am unable to become a military pilot (glasses). I was wondering if as a nav, the qualification of pilot is different, meaning that I could still do it. Any other information would be appreciated.

Second question: Would it hurt to take an extra semester of school and apply for ROTP a year later than usual?

Thanks,
    Miranda
    The wings you would receive as an Air Navigator are different than those you would recieve as a pilot, and so to is the qualification. The other question that arises is how much the vision standard differs between different aircrew occupations.

With regards to your second question. It shouldn't cause any difficulties, many Ontario students still take a fifth year of HS, since the elimination of the OAC year.
    Capt JMA (Jamie) McKay