+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHY
    Can anyone tell me how long it will take to go from BMQ to getting posted on a ship?
    in order to get posted you must first get trained. you must that Basic Military Training, then your Element training, then Trade training.
    in the army its - BMQ, then SQ, them DP1....what ever the trade is

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead
    2007 tour to where? Also welcome to the Forces. When do you start BMQ?
    The 2007 tour to Afghanistan, a Primary Reserve force which will be attached to 2RCR is being sent.
    Last edited by Kmart; 21st November 2005 at 10:52. Reason: update

Wich half of 2007 are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Thib
    Wich half of 2007 are you talking about?
    what???????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Kmart
    what???????????????????????????
    If I am not mistaking in January 2007 it`s the 5eGBMC that`s beeing ship out. s he talking about that one or there is an other mission beeing sent at the same time or is he talking about the roto that will replace the 5eGBMC

Quote Originally Posted by Thib
    If I am not mistaking in January 2007 it`s the 5eGBMC that`s beeing ship out. s he talking about that one or there is an other mission beeing sent at the same time or is he talking about the roto that will replace the 5eGBMC
    As far as I know, the reserve force that i am talking about will be attached to 2RCR

I was just told by a bunch of WO's that cadets can be in the CF until the finish BMQ. Once they have successfully completed BMQ, that they are no longer permitted to be cadets under military law. [i think the word "regulation" may be more appropriate until i have look this matter up in the PAM's] However, some units may intentionally to look the other way.

That doesn't sound right to me. (You're right that it would be a regulation, rather than military law, issue if it were true, though.)

hey, I'm new to this forum, anyway...about this tour your talking about in 2007... task force 1-07 is gonna be the 2rcr battle for the firts half, then it's the R22eR for the last half of the year... There's a chart here that shows the armys plan of who's going where ect..

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/Engl...4_21_large.jpg

And you were asking about work up trg, I'm doing it right now for the tour coming up this feb, so might be able to answer ur Q's
    Last edited by Chimo; 26th November 2005 at 23:39.

I'm signed up for 4-07 to Afghanistan. My regiment is going attached to the LdSH, leave in September. Workup training starts in February. Can't wait.
    gcs

I'm signed up for 2-07, so stoked, work up should be starting right after finals. Working with 3PPCLI should be interesting.

element training such as sq's dont truly exist unless your combat arms, trust me, your unit may run them just for fun (i know 1 gs bn does). as for tours in 2007, some vandoues (sp) are attached to whatever is coming out of edmonton which includes starts and i believe 3vp, and its not entirly geared to afgan, we had a big breifing yesterday.
    MCpl
    CF
    Former WO1 652 Milford Sqd
    Staff 02, SIC 00, Air Studies 99, Air Crew Survival 98, Basic Cadet 97

Yeah we were told when names were called up that is was destination unknown. It's expected to be Afghanistan, but it could end up as Darfur or Haiti. Or WATC I suppose.

If I were to apply for ROTP at one institution, is it difficult to transfer to a university for 2nd year onwards?
    Flight Sergeant God NLC, EWGEM 19, DG (3rd Star), DUI-SS, CFCM 3, GLBP, AM
    WO2 Goran Mihajlovic (ret.)
    822 Tutor Squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by spy_me
    element training such as sq's dont truly exist unless your combat arms, trust me, your unit may run them just for fun (i know 1 gs bn does). as for tours in 2007, some vandoues (sp) are attached to whatever is coming out of edmonton which includes starts and i believe 3vp, and its not entirly geared to afgan, we had a big breifing yesterday.
    It may have been taken out just resently....i don't know. But, the mentality of Element first and trade second [{AKA} SOLDIER FIRST, TRADE SECOND!]is very important!

Quote Originally Posted by spy_me
    Almost every regular soldiers and some cpl in the SQFT will need to do their SQ if they join between certain date. Even if they have their NQ3/QL3 (don't remember wich one is french and wich one is english) complted for over one year and a half. Even if they are not even connected to a combat arms unit.
    Last edited by Thib; 2nd January 2006 at 19:26.

SQ is a course for all army personnel (ie. anyone who wears green DEUs) which is designed to allow them to operate in a combat environment. It is a requirement.

I have heard that the vandoos are heading for Haiti on the roto after 1-06 (got some buddies going on that one). That makes it likely that 4-07 will be going to afghanistan. Perhaps Sudan, if we've got forces there by september '07. Either waay, should be a pretty hot tour.
    gcs

I'm about to become a private in the Hasty P's... Bravo Coy. Does anyone know where I'll be sent for basic? And what trades I can pursue as an ncm later on in communications?
    "Any questions before you try orienteering for yourselves? Yes, Mr. Brennan?"
    "What if we get lost?"
    My son told me "take this". Lil bugger's 9 months old!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanders
    I'm about to become a private in the Hasty P's... Bravo Coy. Does anyone know where I'll be sent for basic? And what trades I can pursue as an ncm later on in communications?
    If your from the atlantic region, them you'd be going to either CFB Gagetown in Ormocto, NB, or LFAA TC DET Aldershot in Kentville, NS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmart
    If your from the atlantic region, them you'd be going to either CFB Gagetown in Ormocto, NB, or LFAA TC DET Aldershot in Kentville, NS.
    naw, i'm from the mid-point of toronto and ottawa
    "Any questions before you try orienteering for yourselves? Yes, Mr. Brennan?"
    "What if we get lost?"
    My son told me "take this". Lil bugger's 9 months old!