+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Introduction - Welcome to the CF

Welcome to a new type of forum. As many of you are aware, one of the aims of the Canadian Cadet Movement is to foster an interest in the Canadian Forces in either the Navy, Army or Airforce.

In this forum you will find experienced Regular Force and Reserve Force both serving and retired willing to answer your questions about actual military life, the recruiting proccess, and pretty much anything else that you migh be itching to know.

As the title states, here you will learn what the recruiting center won't tell you. For instance, I met a young gentleman who honestly didn't know that a ship deployment usually lasts approx. 6 months, because his recruiting center told him he'd be home in 2 months at max. Had he know this information sooner, he may have been able to make a more informed decision earlier on in the recruiting process, saving him self some grief. It's the small details like this that can help you too.

What we want to do here, is make your experience better. I hope you enjoy this forum.
    Nick P. Kucher swasmcd
    Lieutenant (Navy)
    OpsO
    HMCS OTTAWA

Sticked for you there, bud.
    Corrigan Cassidy

I'm useful again!
    OCdt David Vessey

jgoguen is on a distinguished road jgoguen's Avatar
    What? You useful? Listen here First Year....
    CI Joel Goguen, 2550 RCACC
    I'm Folding for CW Army. Watch the Folding Video to learn More!

DA Wright is on a distinguished road DA Wright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSeasSailor
    Welcome to a new type of forum. As many of you are aware, one of the aims of the Canadian Cadet Movement is to foster an interest in the Canadian Forces in either the Navy, Army or Airforce.

In this forum you will find experienced Regular Force and Reserve Force both serving and retired ...
    This is an excellent idea for a forum, and one that will be most beneficial for cadets (and others) contemplating a military career. I assume by Reserve Force you mean Primary Reserves; on a site such as this it is important to make the distinction as to which component yoy refer.
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central
    Do, or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by jgoguen
    What? You useful? Listen here First Year....
    so true...
    OCdt David Vessey

jgoguen is on a distinguished road jgoguen's Avatar
    I know, I feel your pain...I was there once, having the second years bring me Tim's and other goodies at night...
    CI Joel Goguen, 2550 RCACC
    I'm Folding for CW Army. Watch the Folding Video to learn More!

Quote Originally Posted by SOAirTrg (Central)
    I assume by Reserve Force you mean Primary Reserves; on a site such as this it is important to make the distinction as to which component yoy refer.
    There's bound to be a few CIC officers around as well...

Quote Originally Posted by jgoguen
    I know, I feel your pain...I was there once, having the second years bring me Tim's and other goodies at night...
    yeah, good times during FYOP. no more though..
    OCdt David Vessey

Quote Originally Posted by DVessey
    yeah, good times during FYOP. no more though..
    I was up at RMC on a Bus tour a few weeks ago and I heard interesting stories about FYOP .... definatly not looking forward to that if I get in.

Would you happen to know OCdt Colpitts?
    C Zedic

Good forum to see up and running
    LS Sundborg
    HMCS Vancouver
    Ex Coxswain of 204 Babine lsmrclcmescsm
    Gunz 1 and 2 at the Q
    Support Our Troops! Wear Red on Friday!

Just adding a quick note that we also have various members of other countries' forces able to answer questions or point you in the direction of answers as related to eg. the Australian forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedic_1913
    I was up at RMC on a Bus tour a few weeks ago and I heard interesting stories about FYOP .... definatly not looking forward to that if I get in.

don't worry about FYOP. It's definately a challenge, but it's also definately not impossible. The first week will probably be the longest, since you don't have any classes.

And yeah.. I think I know Colpitts, although I can't put a face to him right now. I know I've at least heard that name before.
    OCdt David Vessey

Good Idea for a forum... Might give a better look at what ppl should expect after they join then the little video...

They never told me about the 6month to a year that I'll have to wait in Borden

rotchfordj is on a distinguished road rotchfordj's Avatar
    Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston Ontario, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedic_1913

Hes my next door neighbour! lol
    NCdt Joey Rotchford
    (Ret'd)Cox'n of RCSCC 251 Southern Cross

Currently at RMC

hey every one, i'm a new private in the british columbia dragoons, i'm hoping to get on the 2007 tour, can any one give me an idea of what its like?
    A Sqn BC Dragoons
    "threats from the veggi patch"
    "start your entries, reinvent your exits"
    pool buddy No.2

2007 tour to where? Also welcome to the Forces. When do you start BMQ?
    Lawrence
    Ex-Cpl
    Formerly of 15 Military Police Company

Quote Originally Posted by DVessey
    The first week will probably be the longest, since you don't have any classes.
    But you have plenty of SQN TIME! boo yea Sqn time!
    OCdt S. Paish
    Arty (RMC)

Hang your head in shame!!!

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to go from BMQ to getting posted on a ship?
    Lt (RCN) Wisniewski
    HMCS ONTARIO
    poland canada
    May we remember!

Quote Originally Posted by b_sea_dragoon
    hey every one, i'm a new private in the british columbia dragoons, i'm hoping to get on the 2007 tour, can any one give me an idea of what its like?
    The work ups for that tour begin this May in waynwrite, there will company training first, then the best of that will go with the RCR for sections training.There will be 2 P-Reserves pre-RCR Section. The rest will go with the D&S platoon and do separate workups training specific to them. The D&S platoon will do stuff such as gate guard...mostly gate guard. . After workups then theres the deployment. If I have time I will get more information, and clearer information.
    Last edited by Kmart; 18th November 2005 at 10:34.