+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greens

Greens

I have some questions about the uniform history of the RCSC, in particular the unified green service uniforms of the 1980s. With these uniforms, what headdress and shirt (Underneath the tunic) were worn? Was webbing worn? If you have any pictures of Sea cadets in the greens, I would be very interested in this as well.

Side Question: When were the white ceremonial web belts replaced with the current plastic belts? Is there anywhere I can still get a web-belt that is actual webbing today?

Quote Originally Posted by The McCracken View Post
    I have some questions about the uniform history of the RCSC, in particular the unified green service uniforms of the 1980s. With these uniforms, what headdress and shirt (Underneath the tunic) were worn? Was webbing worn?
    That was before I was involved, but I think sea cadets wore the traditional seaman's cap and a white turtleneck sweater — possibly the gunshirt in summer. I suspect that webbing was worn as well, but perhaps someone of the right vintage can confirm or deny.

I wore the green uniform as a Cadet. The white top was the same, and we wore gunshirts in summer dress, turtlenck sweater in the winter.

Webbing was worn just as it is now, for guard, band, and key supernumerary appointments.

Really, the colour and the turtleneck are the only two differences (plus various badges that have been phased out.)

KD
    Kevin C. Deck cd1
    Lt(N)
    RCSCC GRILSE canada bc
    Past CO - RCSCC MEDICINE HAT, RCSCC BICKNELL, RCSCC GRILSE