+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trenton GT?

Trenton GT?

I'm an LAC and recently got accepted to GT . I want to know what it's like! Feel free to post stories.

welcome to the forums. I am sure there are at least a few members here who have been to that camp.
    Air Cadet Collector
    Always looking for more people to trade with!

CW Staff Writer Thundah is on a distinguished road Thundah's Avatar
    GT was probably my best time at camp because it was my first.

There's a little bit of everything in GT and even the boring stuff is fun if you are in a cool flight. Two weeks seems short but when you are there, it doesn't seem short at all in a good way (or it passes by too fast). Just don't sweat the small stuff and find friends. If you feel homesick or something there will always be someone around to help. Often each day is so busy that there isn't much time to worry, although you do get free time after dinner.

Also brace yourself for cadet drama.
    L. Korolenchuk
    Flight Sergeant (Ret'd)

aircsmlsm | canada

Gt

Trenton is gonna be so lonely this year cuz DCIC and AAC being moved to connaught (Im going to ARMI)

Robard is on a distinguished road Robard's Avatar
    Went to GT at Trenton in '13. I had a great time, but it was 90% because of the people in my flight and my staff. Being surrounded by other cadets who all have a positive attitude or not will make or break your experience at camp. Content wise, I wouldn't rank this course anywhere close to my favourite. You cover a wide range of material, and some of it just didn't interest me. Once you start going to basic and advanced/instructor courses you'll enjoy the classes more for the most part. All in all, GT introduces you to the summer course way of life. And as the only option to Level 1 cadets, it is pretty good and enjoyable with the right people. It's all about having fun, which I'm sure you'll have.
    MWO Parsons R.
    32 MPC Garrison 1405 Company
    Deeds speak
    aircsm1lsm

Quote Originally Posted by tsmdanielz View Post
    Trenton is gonna be so lonely this year cuz DCIC and AAC being moved to connaught (Im going to ARMI)
    Do you know how many cadets will be at the camp then this year?
    I know that normally there are 700 at one time but how much quieter will it be?

Quote Originally Posted by tsmdanielz View Post
    I heard one guy in my squadron is going to Bagotville for Advanced Aviation (its one of the aviation courses) And our squadron is in Hamilton.

I'm also going to GT at Trenton this year.