+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks.... gotta work on my boots. Plus I myself just picked up tenor sax this past september, so I won't be nagging anyone either.

I'm attending BDCC at Blackdown this summer: is there anything I should know, either about the course or the training centre? Any help would be appreciated

CW Staff Writer Thundah is on a distinguished road Thundah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadower View Post
    I'm attending BDCC at Blackdown this summer: is there anything I should know, either about the course or the training centre? Any help would be appreciated
    Course: lots of drill and leadership lessons, mostly drill with arms and flag drill. Everything is local so long marches are very rare but since the TC is so huge, it's still kinda length. Also some sports with the fitness kids, we have a survival FTX near the end. It's fun.

TC: huge, cadet city practically, the mess and canteen/lounge are centralized, your lines are pretty close to the mess. Free time after dinner, you can usually go wherever, Sunday's are off completely. Also I think you have to do your own laundry unless that was changed.
    L. Korolenchuk
    Flight Sergeant (Ret'd)

aircsmlsm | canada

KitKat is on a distinguished road KitKat's Avatar
    lol

Thanks!
    Join band band's good

6. The Following User Likes This Post By KitKat :

Blackdown

I am going to Blackdown for BDCC this summer and i was wondering if the mess food is good.

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat View Post
    Join band band's good
    you know you dont need to broadcast it everywhere right

Air

you know you dont need to broadcast it everywhere right
    hey just spreading the message

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat View Post
    hey just spreading the message
    I think we'd better continue conversation on hangouts or were going to end up filling an entire page

emptied my pm inbox idk
    L. Korolenchuk
    Flight Sergeant (Ret'd)

aircsmlsm | canada

When it comes to filling vacated summer training slots (cadets who don't show up on intake), are cadets just selected from a list or does the person in charge send out some sort of request to unit and regions?
    L. Korolenchuk
    Flight Sergeant (Ret'd)

aircsmlsm | canada

Quote Originally Posted by Thundah View Post
    When it comes to filling vacated summer training slots (cadets who don't show up on intake), are cadets just selected from a list or does the person in charge send out some sort of request to unit and regions?
    There's a wait list they use. Its mostly employed when a staff member gets RTU'd and they need a replacement. It doesn't happen too often though, I've seen it personally a few times.
    WO

Quote Originally Posted by Thundah View Post
    Typically the spot is offered to another cadet who is on a waiting list (not necessarily for the course he or she applied for). When I was a CO, it wasn't that unusual to get a call asking me if one of my cadets could be ready to go the next day. The call would come from our detachment, but I'm not sure how the vacancy was made available to them.

Robard is on a distinguished road Robard's Avatar
    Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if I am going to need Eastern Region forms, like those found at the end of Central Region JIs? I've looked through my St. Jean JIs, as well as the CCO portal, and there isn't a transportation form, leave form, code of conduct, over the counter/prescription meds, or personal articles log. Should I just bring the CR forms and inform my staff that I had no ER forms? Myself, and other cadets travelling to St. Jean don't really know what to do, and Sqn staff haven't given straight answers.
    MWO Parsons R.
    32 MPC Garrison 1405 Company
    Deeds speak
    aircsm1lsm

Quote Originally Posted by Robard View Post
    Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if I am going to need Eastern Region forms, like those found at the end of Central Region JIs? I've looked through my St. Jean JIs, as well as the CCO portal, and there isn't a transportation form, leave form, code of conduct, over the counter/prescription meds, or personal articles log. Should I just bring the CR forms and inform my staff that I had no ER forms? Myself, and other cadets travelling to St. Jean don't really know what to do, and Sqn staff haven't given straight answers.
    Well I am also in Central and I did Glider St Jean. I too hadn't received any forms or anything like that so I just filled out the Central Region forms and showed it to them. If my memory serves me right, I don't even think they require a transportation form because you will be going on the plane (at least for me). If they do ask for the ER forms, just tell them that you didn't receive them. Best of luck and enjoy St Jean!
    gliderwingspowerwings
    CI P. Golshan
    "Did you know that two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make an ?"
    aircsm1rclcmelsm

Robard is on a distinguished road Robard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixdabird View Post
    Well I am also in Central and I did Glider St Jean. I too hadn't received any forms or anything like that so I just filled out the Central Region forms and showed it to them. If my memory serves me right, I don't even think they require a transportation form because you will be going on the plane (at least for me). If they do ask for the ER forms, just tell them that you didn't receive them. Best of luck and enjoy St Jean!
    Thank you for the answer. Sqn staff haven't been much help. I'll be sure to enjoy St. Jean
    MWO Parsons R.
    32 MPC Garrison 1405 Company
    Deeds speak
    aircsm1lsm

Im going to Basic Drill and Ceremonial (sea cadets) this summer and it's my first summer training camp. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Login221 View Post
    Im going to Basic Drill and Ceremonial (sea cadets) this summer and it's my first summer training camp. Any advice?
    I've only been to GT but some general advice
    Drinks lots of water
    Don't do anything stupid
    Get as much sleep as possible
    Sleep with sweats and a sweater on unless you would rather make your bed every morning
    Don't see how much milk you can drink in one morning before graduation
    Basically just follow common sense

Also are you going to Blackdown CSTC

Got accepted to advanced band at CTC Trenton, also if he/she's a sea cadet, it wouldn't be Blackdown.
    L. Korolenchuk
    Flight Sergeant (Ret'd)

aircsmlsm | canada

Im going to AAC at Trenton this summer, any tips or advice? Ive only ever been to Blackdown and from what Ive heard Trenton is worse...