+ Reply to Thread
    Byer is on a distinguished road Byer's Avatar
    Power Famil Flying

Hello All - a very long time since I've been around!

I have spoken to my former DCO (now CO) recently about setting up famil flying with the squadron sometime this year, and he is very interested, and said he would get back to me once they figure out what funds are available and what the paperwork requirements are (as we all know, planes run on money and paperwork, right? ). I was wondering if anyone out there has the current requirements for a familiarization pilot (I have a CPL and probably close to 200 hours on the 172), and anything else that might be required of me in the coming months? For example, will I need to do a background check etc.?

Cheers!
    Davis
    FSgt (Ret'd) Davis Byer gliderwingspowerwingsaircsm
    778 Banshee Squadron
    GPL, CPL(A), Class 4 FI, Group 1 IR - Seneca College, Bachelor of Aviation Technology

For Central Region, ref CRCO 1821 which is available on the File Repository (under Central - Centre> CRCOs and CRCIs> Index 1800- Training (December 2009) ) and CATO 52-07.

In short, 150 hours TT, 75 hours PIC, 15 on type and 1 hour in the last 60 days.
    Has to be approved by RC Air Ops O through your ACO.

(Note, this proficiency standard is in excess of that required by CATO 52-07).

Lots of hoops to jump through, but it is possible.
    2Lt Richard Dobbs
    197 Typhoon RCACS
    Flight Scholarship Officer
    Assistant Training Officer

Byer is on a distinguished road Byer's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply, I definitely meet the requirements. I don't, however, have access to the file repository since they password protected it and I am not a part of the cadet organization anymore.
    FSgt (Ret'd) Davis Byer gliderwingspowerwingsaircsm
    778 Banshee Squadron
    GPL, CPL(A), Class 4 FI, Group 1 IR - Seneca College, Bachelor of Aviation Technology

CW Staff Writer Thundah is on a distinguished road Thundah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byer View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I definitely meet the requirements. I don't, however, have access to the file repository since they password protected it and I am not a part of the cadet organization anymore.
    You can ask someone who does have access for some screenshots or something. There doesn't seem to be restrictions on who can access it (although I heard that people are having issues making a new file repository pass)
    L. Korolenchuk
    Flight Sergeant (Ret'd)

aircsmlsm | canada

quadrapiper is on a distinguished road quadrapiper's Avatar
    If they are, it's a tech problem rather than policy-related. Account signup here. Only flaw is it's functionally IE-only.