+ Reply to Thread

I just got my acceptance to glider at CRGS.. Now what?

So, my co gave me my course offer on friday, and i am happy to say that i have been accepted to partake in the glider pilot scholarship.

That being said, after i submit my form back into my CO, what should i be expecting? i understand that there are checks i need to give for the OPC as well as the TC exam and licenses, what are the procedures for that? are is there anything i should be studying before course?

Thank!
    BLC 2010
    DCIC 2013
    Glider 2014
    Power 2015
    aircsm

Congrats on getting in.

You should be getting a precourse package from Trenton soon that indicates the items that you will need bring for the summer(e.g. cheques). In addition, there will be study material that you should learn before course as they will be tested on the first week.
    Basic 2k8 ITLC 2k9 AATC-AO 2k10 AATC 2k11

3. The Following User Likes This Post By 351_FP :

If you really want to be proactive, contact your local Gliding Centre CO and ask if you could come out and help out with ground crew. You'll learn a lot. If the operations permit and if you work hard you might even get rewarded with a couple of flights.
    CI Balasch
    "Good leadership is like flying by the seat of your pants, you only realise how much you enjoyed it once you've flown out of the clouds..." -Ex WOI 862 Lambeth Lightning

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Glider Flyboy :

Start familiarizing yourself, and reading the ACGP 242, Central Region Flying Orders, Pilot Information Files, and the CRGS Local Flying Orders. These can be found on the file repository.

Central > Regional Cadet Air Operations > Flying Orders

Try your hand at the Open and Closed book exams.

Central > Regional Cadet Air Operations > APC Exams and Briefing
    powerwings
    Capt A. Oke
    -Air to Ground Chemical Transfer Technician-
    Ex WOI lsmaircsm1

7. The Following User Likes This Post By JetA Burner :