+ Reply to Thread
    Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen's Avatar

First woman to wear hijab in Canadian Forces dies of cancer

Wafa Dabbagh rose to the rank of Lt. Commander in the Royal Canadian Navy and as a Muslim, was the first member of the military to wear a hijab. She died Tuesday of lung cancer.
    http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Fi...705/story.html

A/SLt Chris Allen
    136 RCSCC AMPHION

BlackPage is on a distinguished road BlackPage's Avatar

Assalamu 'alaikum.

Al-hamdu lillahi rabbil 'alamin.

Ena lillah wa ena elaihe rage'oon

She was a lovely woman, I had the honor of meeting her once, she was truly humble, and brave, and I know that she faced quite a bit of judgement.

May Allah bless her and her family!
    PO1 Ellen Molloy (Ret.)
    HMCS Ontario Basic Seamansip-Bonaventure-2011
    HMCS Ontario DCI-Collingwood-2012
    CSTC Connaught ARMI-Delta Coy 2Pltn-2013
    HMCS Ontario Staff Cadet-Accom-2014

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By BlackPage :

I'm almost certain I met her on the way to Basic in 1996. Small world, and all that.

I met and dealt with her a number of times when she was with HMCS HUNTER. Great person who will be missed.

Lt(N) Nathan T. Brown, Sr. (Ret'd)
    gsm5cd para
    armycsm1

Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen's Avatar
    The public affairs department at HMCS QUADRA is looking into placing a memorial plaque on the picture of LCdr Wafa Dabbagh that hangs in the Ship's Office. It is a picture of her inspecting a division during her summer on board QUADRA. If anyone has any other information on her involvement with the cadet movement, or her time at HMCS QUADRA, please post away!

A/SLt Chris Allen
    136 RCSCC AMPHION