+ Reply to Thread

CRGS pre-course package?

So, got accepted to CRGS this summer! My flying officer recommended that I work as a volunteer at our regional gliding centre (SWOGC). Started last weekend and it has given me some very good pre-course education/experience. (3 flights with past/present CRGS instructors so far!) ANYWAYS getting to the point here, when a lot of the pilots talked to me about getting ready for this summer, they kept saying to "study my pre-course package", thing is, I haven't gotten it yet. Not sure if I'm just impatient, or if my pre-course package got lost in transit?

A pilot at my sqn. forwarded me a copy of the 242, but it's so immense that i'm not sure what to actually look at? any tips as to the arrival dates for pre-course CRGS packages/what to study in the 242 would be greatly appreciated

I wished I had connections to my gliding center before getting on crse. It would have definitely helped! Pre-course packages have arrived for some of my friends already, so yours in definitely on the way. What to study?

- 2-33A Specs (dimensions, speeds, performance, etc)
    - ALL checklists
    - ALL recovery procedures
    OCdt Brian Wong
    Chief Ground School Instructor, Administration Officer
    150 Hamilton Tiger Squadron

The speeds and dimensions of the 2-33 (page 2-1-1) are the main thing that you should worry about. Once you are done that, learning the checklists (scattered throughout chapter 6) would be a good idea.

If you have some free time, you can take a look at the rest of chapter 6 too.

- 2-33A Specs (dimensions, speeds, performance, etc)
    - ALL checklists
    - ALL recovery procedures
    Deffinantly!

Memorize them so you can say them in your sleep!

...And SWOGC is the best Gliding Center out there. Just say'in
    Last edited by Glider Flyboy; 24th May 2012 at 06:37. Reason: At this moment I can't come up with a good cover story...
    CI Balasch
    "Good leadership is like flying by the seat of your pants, you only realise how much you enjoyed it once you've flown out of the clouds..." -Ex WOI 862 Lambeth Lightning

thanks for the tips guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glider Flyboy View Post
    ...And SWOGC is the best Gliding Center out there. Just say'in
    Agreed 100%. You guys are great
    canada OCdt Christopher Tucker canada
    5 Sqn RMCC, Kingston, Ontario

Bravo-One is on a distinguished road Bravo-One's Avatar
    On a similar note, has anybody from Prairie gotten their package?

jamiesonaelick is on a distinguished road

Air

Hello all!
    I got accepted to RGS Prairie at Gimli, Manitoba. The thing is.... I am from Alliston. A small town near Toronto. I talked to cadets from my squadron who said that out of province cadets do not receive pre-course packages! What do I do?

Find the 2012 version of the 242 online. And then do what the thread says.

Congrats on getting it out there! You should have a really fun summer.
    CI Balasch
    "Good leadership is like flying by the seat of your pants, you only realise how much you enjoyed it once you've flown out of the clouds..." -Ex WOI 862 Lambeth Lightning