+ Reply to Thread
    Flint is on a distinguished road Flint's Avatar
    Question Can a Sea Cadet take the Army cadets Basic Parachutists course?

The title pretty well says it all. But before you reply please don't say "If you wanted to do that you should have joined army cadets" I am just asking a question.

Thanks
    MS FLINT #33 RCSCC St. Lawrence
    Lvl 3 Marksman/ Range team Capt.
    Pipes and Drums HOOAAAHHH
    The Maple Leaf Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    The title pretty well says it all. But before you reply please don't say "If you wanted to do that you should have joined army cadets" I am just asking a question.

Thanks
    The answer is an emphatic "no".

dhillon will become famous soon enough dhillon's Avatar

Thanks
    No.

The only exception would be a Cadet that previously served as a Sea (or Air) Cadet switching to Army Cadets, meeting all the prerequisites for the Army Cadet Serial of the Basic Parachutist Course and being selected thru the NSE ranking system and thru supplemental assessments (ie. Basic Para fitness testing) just like every other Cadet chosen for that course.

Capt B. S. (Bob) Dhillon
    Trg O - 2884 RCACC
    Former DCO of 105 RCACC

Quote Originally Posted by J-P Johnson View Post
    The answer is an emphatic "no".
    The actual answer is only if there are no army cadets available to take the course. That still ends up as a "no."
    GWP
    osjqgjm
    qdjmcd1osjsm

mvac

AdventBlade is on a distinguished road AdventBlade's Avatar

Thanks
    Like you said, the title pretty well says it all. It's called the Army Cadet Basic Parachutist Course.
    J Lau
    CV
    166 Bulldog Squadron
    aircsm

On that note, I have a question. There was an army cadet at HMCS ONTARIO this summer doing TG3 Sail. The crazy thing is, he didn't any of his sail levels and he told me that he had never even gone sailing up until this summer.. :S
    Could someone possibly explain how that happened.

nielsenk is on a distinguished road nielsenk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wang View Post
    On that note, I have a question. There was an army cadet at HMCS ONTARIO this summer doing TG3 Sail. The crazy thing is, he didn't any of his sail levels and he told me that he had never even gone sailing up until this summer.. :S
    Could someone possibly explain how that happened.
    im pretty sure he did tg1 and tg2 sail.. because i remember talking to one of the chiefs.. and his corps got shut down, so he had to transfer to army, he had to of done tg1 and tg2 they wouldnt just let him on!
    Karyssa C. Nielsen
    RCSCC Lion 2007-2011
    150 Hamilton Tiger Squadron RCACS 2011-2012

scsm
    "I didn't get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it"

8. The Following User Likes This Post By nielsenk :

Quote Originally Posted by nielsenk View Post
    im pretty sure he did tg1 and tg2 sail.. because i remember talking to one of the chiefs.. and his corps got shut down, so he had to transfer to army, he had to of done tg1 and tg2 they wouldnt just let him on!
    Guess someone lied to me then.

nielsenk is on a distinguished road nielsenk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wang View Post
    Guess someone lied to me then.
    yeah, they wouldnt let him skip to tg3 without sail levels..
    thats like me, i skipped tg1 becaue I had my white sail 3 at the time and was applying to sail.
    Karyssa C. Nielsen
    RCSCC Lion 2007-2011
    150 Hamilton Tiger Squadron RCACS 2011-2012

scsm
    "I didn't get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it"

Im sorry but I have to tell you no even only a couple air cadets get to do it each year. I would go when I could but Im to weak to so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwilkinson View Post
    Im sorry but I have to tell you no even only a couple air cadets get to do it each year. I would go when I could but Im to weak to so.
    I'm afraid that you've been given inaccurate information. Air cadets don't get to do para either.

the8888 is on a distinguished road the8888's Avatar
    I have heard that there was one air cadet who took para, but that was 11 years ago, and he was probably a superhuman with the ability to manipulate the human mind to allow him to take NSCE and go through logistically impossibities, while managing to actually complete the most physically demanding, hardest of core course possible in all cadets.
    WO1 (retired) Mike abu-halagah
    2vandenbos Whitby RC(Air)C
    Squadron Commander(retired)

TierenHawkins is on a distinguished road TierenHawkins's Avatar
    Dont feel like you asked a stupid question lol.

When I got my camp appliation and read about the Basic Parachute Course I turned around and asked if I could sign up for that one

I suppose its equivilent to the Glider Scholarship and the Marine Engineering couses for air and sea cadets. Awesome and fairly exclusive courses that a very limited number of people are able to take.

Its sad though because for physical courses, our Land Ops courses are severally lacking in many ways.
    Tieren Hawkins
    Leading Seaman | Sub-Lieutenant
    Her Majesties Canadian Ship Fredericton| 185 NLCC CPO James Carroll
    Supply Technician | Navy League Officer

g.landonbrowne is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by the8888 View Post
    I have heard that there was one air cadet who took para, but that was 11 years ago, and he was probably a superhuman with the ability to manipulate the human mind to allow him to take NSCE and go through logistically impossibities, while managing to actually complete the most physically demanding, hardest of core course possible in all cadets.
    He didn't take it as an air cadet, he was an army cadet and then transferred after taking it.

I remember asking the same question when I was a young Sea Cadet, however if you want to take the course which even fewer Cadets get accepted into than Basic Para is the Sea Cadet Marine Engineering course. Its 8 weeks of pure excitement, the best thing I ever did as a Sea Cadet!
    NCdt Christopher Reevey of RCACC Kingston Peninsula and RCSCC OKANAGAN
    Supply Officer
    canada fest australia

the8888 is on a distinguished road the8888's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g.landonbrowne View Post
    He didn't take it as an air cadet, he was an army cadet and then transferred after taking it.
    Well why would it be a story then /: Half the paras I know transferred to army just to do it, doesn't really make sense /:
    WO1 (retired) Mike abu-halagah
    2vandenbos Whitby RC(Air)C
    Squadron Commander(retired)

Flint is on a distinguished road Flint's Avatar
    Oh well, I guess I have to wait until I enlist in the CF.
    MS FLINT #33 RCSCC St. Lawrence
    Lvl 3 Marksman/ Range team Capt.
    Pipes and Drums HOOAAAHHH
    The Maple Leaf Forever

No, it is impossible unless you transfer to the Army Cadets and complete all the necessary prerequisites for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventBlade View Post
    Like you said, the title pretty well says it all. It's called the Army Cadet Basic Parachutist Course.
    Its the Canadian Forces Basic Parachutist Course. But still only an army cadet course. I also don't believe you would want the added abuse of a parachute instructer because your a sea or air cadet.
    Kelden Edwards
    C/CWO
    RSM, 903 BCD RCACC

.........para
    lsmrclcmearmycsm2

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefy268 View Post
    I remember asking the same question when I was a young Sea Cadet, however if you want to take the course which even fewer Cadets get accepted into than Basic Para is the Sea Cadet Marine Engineering course. Its 8 weeks of pure excitement, the best thing I ever did as a Sea Cadet!
    What exactly is the Marine Engineering Course? I really have no idea what the Sea Cadet summer training is like. If someone had a link that explained it a bit, I would appreciate it.