+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fung View Post
    Sir, does that mean I can ask my supply officer for those two pieces of uniform?
    Well, you were supposed to have been issued all of those, when you get your uniform. If you a corporal, and don't have them; you need to ask about being issued what you don't have.

On another note, your a corporal, you should be starting to take on responsibilities, and taking initiative. New cadets are going to be looking up to you, and they don't know what to where, and when. By wearing something like a beret, or your wedge on an FTX, will show the new cadets what the accepted dress is. You also need to make sure you know what they need to know, so you can at least tell them.

g.landonbrowne is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CATO 55-04
    Headdress(the wedge or blue beret with the Air cadet hat insignia, wide-brimmed tan summer hat or toque) and cadet rank slip-ons shall be worn with the cadet field training uniform.
    Does that answer your question?

Yes sir and thank you sir.

Yes sir and thank you sir.
    No problem, if you look on the cadets.ca website you will see the CATO's available online if you want to read the full passage regarding combats.

I've never seen anyone wear a cadet wear a wedge at a FTX yet. Maybe I'll ask my seniors this week.

Thanks for the input everyone!
    On all our Battalion Parades this year at Blackdown, all Air Cadets wore their wedges with combats. It surprisingly didn't look too bad
    Officer Cadet A. Schambers
    Former WO1 80 K-W Spitfire Squadron

Quote Originally Posted by Pankoski View Post
    I don't really see a problem with ACU (if that is the uniform you are referring to? Is it digital camo?) In my squadron (11 Lethbridge) more cadets wear combats than don't, mostly ACU (including myself), BDU woodland, and civilian forms of CADPAT and less popular different types of russian, dutch, and german patterns. Really in our squadron you only can't wear the actual CADPAT but since it's illegal to own real CADPAT you can basically wear anything. Going back to the fact that the ACU is still a actual uniform the american army, I see it as being safer than many other types of clothing. I own a set of ACU combats and they're fireproof, water proof, windproof, and extremely warm which is great for any FTX so I would actually recommend them if one was looking for a good set of combats
    pankoski, i thought cadets were only allowed to wear either civilian clothing or OGs and no mimic combats or any non-Canadian combats
    Warrant Officer Second Class Chiu D.
    692 BCIT Aerospace Squadron
    Flag Party Commander
    BASIC 08', AATC-AOC 11', GPS 12'
    aircsmgliderwings

Waffle is on a distinguished road Waffle's Avatar

Negative

^ Negative.

Cadets may wear anything they wish, provided that it keeps them warm and dry for the weekend ( and ofcourse as long as it's appropriate)

OG-107 though, is the only allowed Field Training Uniform allowed for wear by air cadets WITH insignia and rank.
    OCdt T Ratnayake
    Public Affairs Officer | Assistant Training Officer
    819 RCACS
    ITL08Comet|ITI09Halifax|SLC10Vampire|AHStaff11|AHStaff12|AHStaff13|

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    ^ Negative.

Cadets may wear anything they wish, provided that it keeps them warm and dry for the weekend ( and ofcourse as long as it's appropriate)

OG-107 though, is the only allowed Field Training Uniform allowed for wear by air cadets WITH insignia and rank.
    Wrong.

55-04 (e). cadet field training uniform. Cadets
    are authorized to wear the cadet field
    training uniform (colour, olive green)
    during sqn survival exercises when
    authorized by the sqn CO. Headdress
    (the wedge or blue beret with the Air
    cadet hat insignia, wide-brimmed tan
    summer hat or toque) and cadet rank
    slip-ons shall be worn with the cadet
    field training uniform. Cadet field
    training uniforms obtained by cadets
    for sqn training shall not be taken to
    CSTCs. The CADPAT is the current
    CF field combat clothing uniform.
    The wear of CADPAT by cadets is
    not permitted in any circumstances

Waffle is on a distinguished road Waffle's Avatar
    Seems I forgot about the (only?) exception? Thanks for the save !
    OCdt T Ratnayake
    Public Affairs Officer | Assistant Training Officer
    819 RCACS
    ITL08Comet|ITI09Halifax|SLC10Vampire|AHStaff11|AHStaff12|AHStaff13|

W2Côté is on a distinguished road W2Côté's Avatar
    But remember that it's your commanding officer who get the last word...

and for the berets, in my squadron, only the senior staff can wear the berets and only the staff can wear the combats, the only combat authorized is the OC-107. The rules depending of your commanding officer, ask to him(or her) his standards about combats.

P.S. sorry for mistake, I'm francophone I do my best but...
    Adjudant Première Classe Mathias Côté
    qc Cadet commandant canada
    Escadron 607 Drummondville
    IES aircsmrclcmelsm SIC
    Warrant Officer First Classe/Wing Commander

Quote Originally Posted by W2Côté View Post
    But remember that it's your commanding officer who get the last word...

and for the berets, in my squadron, only the senior staff can wear the berets and only the staff can wear the combats, the only combat authorized is the OC-107. The rules depending of your commanding officer, ask to him(or her) his standards about combats.

P.S. sorry for mistake, I'm francophone I do my best but...
    Why would seniors be allowed to wear the most suitable clothes, which is combats, while juniors are left to their own means to have proper gear?

Quote Originally Posted by W2Côté View Post
    only the senior staff can wear the berets and only the staff can wear the combats
    Huh. That is a bit strange, but as always, it is up to the CO's discretion. Although I will agree that it's a bit unnecessary for first/second year cadets to buy combats, as many quit anyway. But if they have them, I don't see why they can't wear them.
    WOI Lukas Rausch powerwings gliderwings aircsm1

80 KW Spitfire Squadron, Kitchener, ON
    But I'm from 604 Moose Squadron, Calgary, AB

13. The Following User Likes This Post By Lukas Rausch :

Air Air Cadet Combats

I was wondering where can i get combats and what do they look like?

Thanks in advance.
    Cdt. Aida

You can get combats at most army surplus stores. What you should be buying are olive drab combats. Example here. A quick Google search could give you some stores you could call.

I haven't purchased myself any combats in a few years so I'm not really sure what they run for nowadays.

NOTE: DO NOT buy Cadpat. That is a big no-no.
    OCdt Rachel Schan
    Supply Officer
    Russell, Ontario
    5 Cyclone RCACS

Air Thank You

Thank you so much!

TierenHawkins is on a distinguished road TierenHawkins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Schan View Post
    You can get combats at most army surplus stores. What you should be buying are olive drab combats. Example here. A quick Google search could give you some stores you could call.
    Thanks so much for the information... I have een looking forever to find a jacket to go with the olive drab pants.
    Tieren Hawkins
    Leading Seaman | Sub-Lieutenant
    Her Majesties Canadian Ship Fredericton| 185 NLCC CPO James Carroll
    Supply Technician | Navy League Officer

Last edited by J-P Johnson; 2nd January 2012 at 18:06. Reason: fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by Aida View Post
    Other than CADPAT you are permitted to wear whatever clothing you want on exercise. A CRCSO came out that CO's are not permitted to mandate that cadets purchase a specific FTU. If however you wish to purchase items I would suggest you stick with the CF Olive Drab combats. A good place would be Beaver's on Dufferin, he usually has a good supply and good quality items.

That sweater is not and has never been issue. The old wooly pully was dress green and was a dress uniform item, not permitted with combats.
    Captain J. Gleiberman cd1
    Everytime I think I am out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

It should probably be mentioned that the Air Cadet dress instructions (CATO 55-04) state that cadets shall not wear "any form of CF uniform or cadet uniform, past or present, not described in this CATO" (essentially only the air cadet uniform, blue flightsuit, OG-107 combats and a few other items mentioned in paragraphs 16 and 28 are allowed). Civilian clothes are, of course, always allowed on an FTX.
    OCdt T. Johnston
    632 Phoenix Squadron
    powerwings
    aircsm1rclcme

SoA is on a distinguished road SoA's Avatar
    North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am planning on getting some combats soon for the upcoming May FTX but I have some questions:

I have not yet been issued any dark blue cotton t-shirts yet. Will I need to purchase some dark blue or green t-shirts or will the light blue t-shirt be permissible under the tunic?

I don't think I will be able to get a nametape so soon, so will the CF blue laminated plastic name tag be permissible?

Thanks
    So, Andrew

aircsm
    Drum Major