+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by J-P Johnson View Post
    You are issued them at Blackdown for wear on the course but you turn them back in at the end of the 3 weeks.
    The same at every other CSTC. If you want your own, you will need to go to a surplus store and by them. They're quite inexpensive (I paid something like $3 for the pants and shirt) but the boots can run a little more (something like $20 if I recall correctly).
    Nicholas Foran
    Captain

Make sure you shop around also. Most surplus stores operate on supply and demand. I went to a shop that was having problems acquiring OD combats and I was buying my first pair, not sure of what I should be paying. I bought the shirt/jacket for 17$, Pants for 65$, Boots for $60. For that price I could have gotten a pair of better boots, and brand new Marpat combats at another store.
    Last edited by Harrison; 25th August 2010 at 14:14.

CW Photo of the Year ZhengC is on a distinguished road ZhengC's Avatar
    Make sure you buy stuff in good condition; they may be a bit pricier but they'll last longer.
    WO2 Zheng, C
    692 BCIT Aerospace RCACS
    - GT '09 - Service Band '10 - Music 4-5 '11 - Glider '12 - Power '13 -
    aircsmanavets
    gliderwingspowerwings

Yes the pants I had for staff this year were see through on the tops of the thighs and had a broken zipper. At least I now have a beret
    204 rocks!

WO2 Hilton do you happen to know a Sgt. Angel Smith? She was in my flight for service band this summer.
    WO2 Zheng, C
    692 BCIT Aerospace RCACS
    aircsmanavets
    gliderwingspowerwings

Most Improved Member - 2009 D. Glass is on a distinguished road D. Glass's Avatar
    Uh, sorry to but in, but I was farely sure Air Cadet Combats were the same as Army Cadet Combats; old CF Olive Drab Green Combats?

Am I wrong?
    Former C/Sgt Derek A.Glass
    usa canada
    uk france israel
    Disclaimer: My posts reflect my opinions only, not those of the RCAC Program, CadetWorld or 2817 H&PERC(Army)CC.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Glass View Post
    Uh, sorry to but in, but I was farely sure Air Cadet Combats were the same as Army Cadet Combats; old CF Olive Drab Green Combats?

Am I wrong?
    Affirmative. Both Air and Army cadets are authorized to wear the old OD Combats.
    Nicholas Foran
    Captain

at my local surplus its like 120$ total including cadet 10% discount... that worth it?
    OCdt Kyoungil Park
    Training Officer
    530 Havoc Squadron (Waterloo, Ontario)
    powerwings

Most Improved Member - 2009 D. Glass is on a distinguished road D. Glass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingle View Post
    at my local surplus its like 120$ total including cadet 10% discount... that worth it?
    Ironic, my local store has a Cadet Discount, too!

Yeah, worth it. Seriously, not only do you look like most other Cadets, the Combats dry faster, are super comfy, and a whole lot more.
    Former C/Sgt Derek A.Glass
    usa canada
    uk france israel
    Disclaimer: My posts reflect my opinions only, not those of the RCAC Program, CadetWorld or 2817 H&PERC(Army)CC.

$120 sounds a little steep, but is that including the boots. And make sure that it isn't CF lingerie if you paying top dollar like that.
    canada

Quote Originally Posted by colgate View Post
    $120 sounds a little steep, but is that including the boots. And make sure that it isn't CF lingerie if you paying top dollar like that.
    it includes everything, they said its in real good condition
    OCdt Kyoungil Park
    Training Officer
    powerwings

My set was almost all new and it was $80...
    WO2 Zheng, C
    692 BCIT Aerospace RCACS
    aircsmanavets
    gliderwingspowerwings

Quote Originally Posted by ZhengC View Post
    WO2 Hilton do you happen to know a Sgt. Angel Smith? She was in my flight for service band this summer.
    Yeah, she goes to my squadron

Quote Originally Posted by D. Glass View Post

Am I wrong?
    With a nice blue beret on top
    204 rocks!

Neoupa2002 is on a distinguished road Neoupa2002's Avatar
    it includes everything, they said its in real good condition
    I know which store you're talking about, but I got my pair online and it only cost around $60.
    However I did buy the combat boots at the store you're talking about...and those boots might be a bit overly weathered, just a heads up.
    Combats are in very good condition at the store, just putting it there.
    Leung, J gliderwingspowerwings
    aircsm1

Quote Originally Posted by Neoupa2002 View Post
    I know which store you're talking about, but I got my pair online and it only cost around $60.
    However I did buy the combat boots at the store you're talking about...and those boots might be a bit overly weathered, just a heads up.
    Combats are in very good condition at the store, just putting it there.
    your talking about Beavers surplus right? the one near yorkdale... anywhere else i can buy good condition ones?
    OCdt Kyoungil Park
    Training Officer
    powerwings

MGalansky is on a distinguished road MGalansky's Avatar
    your talking about Beavers surplus right? the one near yorkdale... anywhere else i can buy good condition ones?
    There's a place near Port Credit that sells CF stuff, but it's pretty small and honestly Beaver's is the best. If you need spare rank insignia (Such as patches or CADET slipons) there's a place on Yonge St. near Bloor, else said location is pretty pricey.

Since other types of combat clothing were mentioned, I thought it important to note:

The only type of combat uniform that can have air cadet insignia worn on it is the OG-107 uniform. Also, the only insignia that can be worn is the issued blue stuff. Don't go out buying your own insignia unless it is exactly the same as the issued stuff - in which case, you might as well save your money and ask your supply officer for an extra set of slip-ons.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

Neoupa2002 is on a distinguished road Neoupa2002's Avatar
    No, the one I'm talking about is beside Times Square in Markham. I completely forgot the name, but it's listed as a "camping and sporting goods" store.
    Leung, J gliderwingspowerwings
    aircsm1

Quote Originally Posted by Neoupa2002 View Post
    No, the one I'm talking about is beside Times Square in Markham. I completely forgot the name, but it's listed as a "camping and sporting goods" store.
    You mean this store? http://www.creativeonline.ca/engmain.html
    Basic 2k8 ITLC 2k9 AATC-AO 2k10 AATC 2k11

brodyh is on a distinguished road brodyh's Avatar
    i got my combats for 20 bucks at a army surplus store i also got a flightsuit for 20
    rcairc Sgt Haskell, Brody ns
    517 F/Lt Graham Squadron
    Greenwood, Nova Scotia
    BLC-2k10
    LCIC-2k11