+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    x_paden_x is on a distinguished road x_paden_x's Avatar

New Cadets Canada Combats?

So, While browsing, I found Pictures of these.

Combat Shirt

Pants.

Now, I know the Rumour going around is that these were supposed to begin their Issue to Air cadets this Training year. I know it's rather early to actually say anything, But upon asking my SO, Who had no idea that such a thing was happening, I'm not really sure when these are supposed to reach us... (Prairie Region)

Besides this forum... I haven't heard anything about this... At all.

The Article where i found these was an Army Cadet Article, http://www.2784ggfg.com/blog/new-uni...ming-soon.html

It was posted February, 2013. Almost 2 years ago. I know it's army. But we should at least Have heard a Confirmation rather then a rumour...

Or perhaps I don't know... Correct me If I'm wrong.

Thanks in Advance!
    "Sometimes, you just gotta take all the mayo packets you find from the mess hall..." -A cadet I overheard on course, who at the time, was in fact putting mayo packets into his pocket.

DA Wright is on a distinguished road DA Wright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by x_paden_x View Post

Now, I know the Rumour going around is that these were supposed to begin their Issue to Air cadets this Training year. I know it's rather early to actually say anything, But upon asking my SO, Who had no idea that such a thing was happening, I'm not really sure when these are supposed to reach us... (Prairie Region)

Besides this forum... I haven't heard anything about this... At all.

The Article where i found these was an Army Cadet Article, http://www.2784ggfg.com/blog/new-uni...ming-soon.html

It was posted February, 2013. Almost 2 years ago. I know it's army. But we should at least Have heard a Confirmation rather then a rumour...

Or perhaps I don't know... Correct me If I'm wrong.

Thanks in Advance!
    Issue of Air cadet FTU was originally planned for this training year, but is postponed, and under review. That is not to say it will or will not happen, they are identifying where it fits into priorities and what projects and initiatives should be funded, and what pressures will exist.
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central
    Do, or do not, there is no try -Yoda

x_paden_x is on a distinguished road x_paden_x's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DA Wright View Post
    Issue of Air cadet FTU was originally planned for this training year, but is postponed, and under review. That is not to say it will or will not happen, they are identifying where it fits into priorities and what projects and initiatives should be funded, and what pressures will exist.

Thank you so much sir! That clears about everything up. Looks like I will be investing in my own FTU This year then.

Again, Thanks!

"Sometimes, you just gotta take all the mayo packets you find from the mess hall..." -A cadet I overheard on course, who at the time, was in fact putting mayo packets into his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAHRAM1 View Post
    I'm an LAC going on my 2nd FTX in a couple of weeks and my parents just got me a set of combats to wear.

I've got CF OG107 t-shirts, tunic, pants, sweater and belt. I've also got CF combat boots and an air force blue beret with cap brass.

I found a website where you can get a name tape for your FTU. Is this allowed?

Any suggestions for any other items for my kit?
    I believe that you can wear the name tag (it goes above the right ammo pocket by the way). Other equipment I would recommend, given it is not necessary, but I would recommend getting a combat/tactical/modular vest. If you live in the Langley area in the lower mainland, a place I recommend is Poco Military. Its not cheap per-say but it has good equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I believe that you can wear the name tag (it goes above the right ammo pocket by the way). Other equipment I would recommend, given it is not necessary, but I would recommend getting a combat/tactical/modular vest. If you live in the Langley area in the lower mainland, a place I recommend is Poco Military. Its not cheap per-say but it has good equipment.
    Be careful there - the dress instructions are pretty specific as at isn't allowed while wearing insignia. If you start deciding to wear a tac vest for utility purposes (get CO's permission first, I'd recommend - optics being what they are, the CO might not want their cadets in Tac vests), you will more likely than not be told to leave your cadet insignia at home since that's not a provision in the dress instructions, and mixing civilian clothing with approved uniform items is a big no-no.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

quadrapiper is on a distinguished road quadrapiper's Avatar
    It does raise a question of what's "uniform" and what's "equipment." Agreed re: tac vests and checking with the CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Be careful there - the dress instructions are pretty specific as at isn't allowed while wearing insignia. If you start deciding to wear a tac vest for utility purposes (get CO's permission first, I'd recommend - optics being what they are, the CO might not want their cadets in Tac vests), you will more likely than not be told to leave your cadet insignia at home since that's not a provision in the dress instructions, and mixing civilian clothing with approved uniform items is a big no-no.

JB

I am part of an elite squadron (quote from a major) and they actually don't care that much on what we wear, we have lots of cadets that wear vests, all they say about it is that you don't really need a vest until you are a senior for carrying knives and such, as for patches they don't mind us wearing them unless they are offensive or CF division patches, a group in the squadron actually issues us patches and I can even show you if you want. I'm not trying to be rude its just that it may depend on the squadron.
    Last edited by Bucky; 9th October 2014 at 11:24. Reason: missed infromation

I am part of an elite squadron (quote from a major) and they actually don't care that much on what we wear, we have lots of cadets that wear vests, all they say about it is that you don't really need a vest until you are a senior for carrying knives and such, as for patches they don't mind us wearing them unless they are offensive or CF division patches, a group in the squadron actually issues us patches and I can even show you if you want. I'm not trying to be rude its just that it may depend on the squadron.
    By all means, go ahead and wear all of those things if your CO says you can - just don't do it while wearing cadet insignia (eg. Ranl slip-ons, berets with the air cadet cap badge, etc). That's when you're crossing into breaching regulations, and that's a no-no, even for cadets from "elite squadrons."

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

CW Social Media Team Member dan76937 is on a distinguished road dan76937's Avatar
    What exactly is an "elite squadron"?
    WOI Dan Smith
    79 Lynton Davies Squadron
    Remember the difference between a boss and a leader; a boss says go- a leader says "Let's go".
    england canada

Okay folks, let's please leave it there please.

I won't fault anyone's esprit-de-corps. Most people feel like their unit is the best.
    Last edited by J-P Johnson; 10th October 2014 at 08:24.
    gliderwingsJ-P Johnson cd1
    Barrie Ontario
    The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By J-P Johnson :

I am honestly a bit scared to post..... this is my first psot so please excuse me if I steped out of line.

does anyone know where the cheapest online store is to buy OG 107 combat pants? I live in the NS,NB,PEI region and can find the shirt/tunic and boots easy but none of the shops have pants and say that are hard to find so I think online is the best bet.

Many Thanks

Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slego9 View Post
    I am honestly a bit scared to post..... this is my first psot so please excuse me if I steped out of line.

does anyone know where the cheapest online store is to buy OG 107 combat pants? I live in the NS,NB,PEI region and can find the shirt/tunic and boots easy but none of the shops have pants and say that are hard to find so I think online is the best bet.

Many Thanks
    No need to be scared! Always good to see new members around the forums. I see you're in the Kentville area, if you're in Halifax or Greenwood regularly I'm sure there are a number of army surplus stores in the area that might be able to help you out. Try googling around and giving them a call - you might luck in!
    Captain Travis Buckle canada

Many Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!
    This website is a great place to ask questions. How else are you to learn, if you don't ask =)
    Air Cadet Collector
    Always looking for more people to trade with!

JackJack is on a distinguished road JackJack's Avatar

Many Thanks
    There are two surplus stores in Aylesford that should carry them. Joy-El Army Surplus and Colin Peel Army Surplus are where I went when I was a cadet and they had everything I needed. They don't offer online shopping but they're close enough to you that you could drop by and see what they have.
    Lt Jacqueline Roberts
    517 F/Lt Graham RCACS

I was more worried it would be the whole "We posted stuff back a few pages read before you post" stuff I checked Joy-El Army Surplus and they said they have the tunics but no Trousers/Pants and thats the same story for halifax army surplus. I will have to check by Colin Peel Army Surplus our sponsership Legion is actualy in Berwick so I will make sure I stop by and ask thanks for the info.