+ Reply to Thread

Article: Where to Wear Your Poppy (2011)

Kevin C. Deck cd1
    Lt(N)
    RCSCC GRILSE canada bc
    Past CO - RCSCC MEDICINE HAT, RCSCC BICKNELL, RCSCC GRILSE

One comment for anyone wearing the navy parka: It may not be clear from the picture, but the pin goes through the pocket flap, not through the body of the jacket.

Curious. I'd just pulled open the 265 in preparation for an upcoming Dining In, and it has the poppy on the chest, above the medals for mess dress. Can anyone clarify this for me?
    Hutch

CWiki Contributor of the Year - 2009 ctjj.stevenson is on a distinguished road ctjj.stevenson's Avatar

The left image, I found on the website of RCSU Eastern: http://www.cadets.ca/WorkArea/linkit...&ItemID=131310. The right image I made, seeing that there wasn't a naval varient. I would assume that on the naval mess jacket, the poppy would be above medals, however, on the jacket lapel seeing that on naval mess dress, that is wear the medals are found. In the army and the air force, they wear their medals on the chest, therefore, the poppies are placed on the chest (I guess).
    http://www.cadet-world.com/cwforums/signaturepics/sigpic666_4.gif
    Lieutenant Christophe Terry JJ Stevenson, CD, AdeC
    Commandant en second CCMRC LONGUEUIL

Stone2422 is on a distinguished road Stone2422's Avatar

Bumping this thread for 2012 to remind everyone of this resource.

KD

It's that time of year again, bumping this thread up to remind people. Feel free to share this article with your Cadet units.

KD

CW Staff Writer Thundah is on a distinguished road Thundah's Avatar
    I believe it was changed this year to allow room for the 1812 pins, a few CSTCs and the Central Region Facebook pages released a version where the poppy is on the right side of the pin, on the left pocket.

Edit: some sources say left side of the pocket.

It goes on the inner side of your chest on the pocket, the same way higher precedence medals go towards the inside of your chest.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

10. The Following User Likes This Post By Juice :