+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: uniform trouble

Army

Quote Originally Posted by jakemorgan View Post
    well, just follow the link to this site, which outlines all the army cadet dress regulations
    http://www.cadets.ca/coats-saioc/cat...x#CATO%2046-01
    this should help. but also, why would you spend so much when you could just go to a military surplus store and get olive drab for ALOt cheaper?
    can i wear solid o.d. green combats?
    MCPL. "FISH"

canada

Quote Originally Posted by 3016mac View Post
    The link that WO Morgan provided above sends you to the Cadets.ca page. CATO 46-01 is also accompanied by ANNEX A (Numbered Dress) which is a photo reference for all of our approved uniforms (Except CadetPat). Scroll down until you find the C-5 (Field Training Uniform) order of dress. If the "combats" you are refering to are like those pictured in Annex A then, yes, you can wear them with your Cadet head dress and rank slip-ons.
    Best thing to do is check with your NCO's or Officers.

MGalansky is on a distinguished road MGalansky's Avatar
    http://mpmuseum.org/securuniform/com...btmk2front.jpg

That is the cut you'll be wearing. If it's not that cut, then it's most likely not gonna fly.

jakemorgan is on a distinguished road jakemorgan's Avatar
    why would you wear O.D. anyways?
    lol
    just saying. just get some olive drab, its alot cheaper, more comfortable, and also it dries ALOT quicker. CadetPat is alot thicker, doesnt dry as fast and isnt as comfortable.
    C/WO. Jake Morgan
    2812 Seaforth highlanders canada
    CUICICH 'N RIGH

Question marpat help!

hi i am with the calg highlanders and i was wondering if i can wear DESERT MARPAT for combats? plz help me (again!)
    MCPL. "FISH"

canada

You can wear it if you really wanted to and if your CO is cool with it. However, you cannot wear it with rank badges/slip-ons, etc, or headdress. Ask through your chain of command if your corps will let you.

Quote Originally Posted by CATO 46-01
    Civilian camouflage-pattern clothing.

Cadets are allowed to wear civilian field
    camouflage-pattern clothing or field uniforms
    from other countries during the authorized field
    training activities. The Army Cadet headdress
    and rank insignias shall not be worn with
    civilian clothing or with field uniforms from
    other countries.
    http://www.cadets.ca/WorkArea//Downl....aspx?id=50945
    DISCLAIMER: Any posts I make may not be necessarily representative of RCA Ops/RGS(Pac), the CCM, or CadetWorld. They in no way replace official information available.

Grunt is on a distinguished road Grunt's Avatar
    hi i am with the calg highlanders and i was wondering if i can wear DESERT MARPAT for combats? plz help me (again!)
    Why on earth would you want to?
    Have fun being the one guy who always gives away the position on field FTXs during bush games. I hope you didn't buy it already. Just my two cents.
    If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume I am not allowed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy View Post
    Why on earth would you want to?
    Have fun being the one guy who always gives away the position on field FTXs during bush games. I hope you didn't buy it already. Just my two cents.
    i thought they canceled bush maneuvers and practice firefights.
    MCPL. "FISH"

canada

Grunt is on a distinguished road Grunt's Avatar
    i thought they canceled bush maneuvers and practice firefights.
    You can still play bush games and hide and try not to be spotted. Camouflage exercises are still allowed.
    If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume I am not allowed to do it.

dhillon will become famous soon enough dhillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemorgan View Post
    why would you wear O.D. anyways?
    lol
    just saying. just get some olive drab, its alot cheaper, more comfortable, and also it dries ALOT quicker. CadetPat is alot thicker, doesnt dry as fast and isnt as comfortable.
    OD = Olive Drab... Don't quite understand what you were trying to get across with your message.

CadetPat (Army Cadet League) and Olive Green Combats (Surplus CF) are the only two field uniforms authorized for wear with Cadet headdress and slip-ons.

gordonfreemen is on a distinguished road

same

i was told i would get my uniform in 2 to 6 weeks it's been about 7 weeks and they have not told me anything about my uniform does anyone know what i should do

Quote Originally Posted by gordonfreemen View Post
    i was told i would get my uniform in 2 to 6 weeks it's been about 7 weeks and they have not told me anything about my uniform does anyone know what i should do
    Talk with your DPO/Flight Sergeant/Platoon Sergeant and pass your concern up the chain of command.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

.... Section Commander is the best bet. In most Corps this is the person that would phone you every week