+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: uniform trouble

Question uniform trouble

Last tuesday I was supposed to get my uniform. But the training officer that is in control of supply forgot to send in my measurements. So I won't get it until the week after Remembrance Day. What should I do?
    C/Sgt. Beyer 1725 (CME) RCACC
    Wir müssen für unsere Ideale stehen, sonst sind sie nutzlos

Quote Originally Posted by jman263 View Post
    Last tuesday I was supposed to get my uniform. But the training officer that is in control of supply forgot to send in my measurements. So I won't get it until the week after Remembrance Day. What should I do?
    This is a perfect question for your chain of command - start with your platoon Sergeant or Warrant Officer and they will pass it up the chain of command to get an answer.

Typically in my unit, if there are cadets without uniforms for Remembrance Day, they simply wear formal clothing (eg. dress pants, dress shoes, shirt, tie). You should be wearing the equivalent civilian attire to the uniform, so best dress for the uniform equals formal dress for civilian clothing.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Juice :

thanks a lot, a lieutenant said he would find me a used uniform for remembrance day.

thanks a lot, a lieutenant said he would find me a used uniform for remembrance day.
    If anyone has an ounce of creativity, a uniform can be found It may be a temporary one, but it still will work.

For the band comp last year, one of my cadets was wearing super hemmed pants, my (yes, my!) shirt (only needed the collar lol), one of my berets and my tie.

I've made stuff 'fit' for special occasions - and look good too.
    Captain MK Wilson, RSW
    gsm

I actually had put together a temporary uniform for when I hand out poppies. But one of the lieutenants said he wanted me to wear a used uniform.

Best New Member - 2009 KChu is on a distinguished road KChu's Avatar
    Whether you'd be suprised or not - I was in the same situation as you. Last year when I was out for poppy drive and remembrance day parade, I was wearing white dress shirt and black dress pants.
    canada Kelvin Chu

Army my uniform

i dont have mine yet. will they email me to come in for measurements or what? plz help me!

Take a second, calm down There's no huge problem not having a uniform yet if you're a new cadet; it may take time for you to get outfitted. Have you talked to your chain of command about this? They can help you solve your dilemnas.
    DISCLAIMER: Any posts I make may not be necessarily representative of RCA Ops/RGS(Pac), the CCM, or CadetWorld. They in no way replace official information available.

3016mac, I suggest talking to your section comd about getting sized for a uniform. You will likely get directed to your SupO, or your QMS (Quartermaster Sergeant). After getting sized, it could take up to a month for your uniform to arrive.

Your corps may also be waiting out to issue uniforms to new kids, as a lot of the ones who quit tend to weed themselves out within the first few months.
    Alex Crooks lsmanavetsarmycsm1
    C/MWO (Retired)

Army thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeSlayer View Post
    3016mac, I suggest talking to your section comd about getting sized for a uniform. You will likely get directed to your SupO, or your QMS (Quartermaster Sergeant). After getting sized, it could take up to a month for your uniform to arrive.

Your corps may also be waiting out to issue uniforms to new kids, as a lot of the ones who quit tend to weed themselves out within the first few months.
    thanks, i got sized and i am getting my uniform (hopefully all pieces) tonight. (Nov 4th 2010)

Army thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Take a second, calm down There's no huge problem not having a uniform yet if you're a new cadet; it may take time for you to get outfitted. Have you talked to your chain of command about this? They can help you solve your dilemnas.
    thanks, i talked to one of my sup officers and i got fitted.
    MCPL. "FISH"

canada

Army

i haven't got my uniform yet and when i do i was told by a green star to shower with my beret on. should i do this or not?
    MCPL. "FISH"

canada

Quote Originally Posted by 3016mac View Post
    i haven't got my uniform yet and when i do i was told by a green star to shower with my beret on. should i do this or not?
    I would recommend using the search function and typing in "How to form a beret" You will find a topic for exactly this issue.
    James E. Cartwright cd
    Lieutenant(N)
    canada Only those willing to go too far can possibly find out just how far one can go. - TS Elliot
    fear no1sube

Army combats: urgent info plz!

i am in armt cadets (calgary highlanders) and i was wondering if i could wear:

"SUBDUED URBAN DIGITAL" ACU PANT.

im new to cadets so any help is appreciated.

here is the link to the online store: http://www.armysurplus.com/subduedur...alacucoat.aspx
    MCPL. "FISH"

canada

Quote Originally Posted by 3016mac View Post
    i am in armt cadets (calgary highlanders) and i was wondering if i could wear:

"SUBDUED URBAN DIGITAL" ACU PANT.

im new to cadets so any help is appreciated.

here is the link to the online store: http://www.armysurplus.com/subduedur...alacucoat.aspx
    You can wear any camouflage pattern you want, except for CadPat, when you're in the field. However the only field uniforms that you can wear your Cadet head dress (Beret or Tam) and rank slip-ons with is the old CF Olive Green "combats" or the "CadetPat" Cadet Field Uniform. Doesn't your corps issue CadetPat?

jakemorgan is on a distinguished road jakemorgan's Avatar
    well, just follow the link to this site, which outlines all the army cadet dress regulations
    http://www.cadets.ca/coats-saioc/cat...x#CATO%2046-01
    this should help. but also, why would you spend so much when you could just go to a military surplus store and get olive drab for ALOt cheaper?
    C/WO. Jake Morgan
    2812 Seaforth highlanders canada
    CUICICH 'N RIGH

jakemorgan is on a distinguished road jakemorgan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Recce NB View Post
    You can wear any camouflage pattern you want, except for CadPat, when you're in the field. However the only field uniforms that you can wear your Cadet head dress (Beret or Tam) and rank slip-ons with is the old CF Olive Green "combats" or the "CadetPat" Cadet Field Uniform. Doesn't your corps issue CadetPat?
    not all corps issue CadetPat.
    my corps doesn't, my combats are personally purchased.
    C/WO. Jake Morgan
    2812 Seaforth highlanders canada
    CUICICH 'N RIGH

Quote Originally Posted by jakemorgan View Post
    not all corps issue CadetPat.
    my corps doesn't, my combats are personally purchased.
    Oh I'm aware of that Warrant, my CadetPat kit is personally purchased as well. The only reason I asked is because when our Sponsoring Committee started looking into it I believe the Calgary Highlanders were one corps that they found that did.
    Here's a link to a photo from their corps website:
    http://www.calgaryhighlanderscadets..../index.html#14
    That's the only reason that I mentioned it.
    Last edited by Armoured Recce NB; 23rd November 2010 at 15:03.

MGalansky is on a distinguished road MGalansky's Avatar
    If it helps, I joined the army cadets in November 2008, and got my uniform in February 2009. Four month wait...

In my opinion, stick with the olive... still miles ahead of CADETPAT in terms of quality and ability to dry, as well as price.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Recce NB View Post
    Oh I'm aware of that Warrant, my CadetPat kit is personally purchased as well. The only reason I asked is because when our Sponsoring Committee started looking into it I believe the Calgary Highlanders were one corps that they found that did.
    Here's a link to a photo from their corps website:
    http://www.calgaryhighlanderscadets..../index.html#14
    That's the only reason that I mentioned it.
    Looking at those photos I can say it wouldn't have been a bad idea for them to also be issued a headdress