+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by LSKnickle View Post
    I'm not sure if this was already posted (Forgive me if it was!)
    But what are the origins of the modern STU/Workdress?
    It is the exact same thing as the work dress worn by the Navy before 2000. Also called garrison dress (N4). At that time, Naval Combat Dress (N5) were worn on board ships exclusively. N4 were abolished and now N5 are worn as a walking out dress or dress of the day in some areas.

STU is cheaper to produce than NCDs and fits better the needs of the CCM.

Note: NCDs are worn by all three elements, not only the RCN.
    Lt(N) V. Martel, CD
    cd

Sea

Thanks guys! I thought it had something to do with the Navy uniform but i was never sure of the origin!
    Thanks a lot!
    CPO2Knickle

Seaman Parkinson-Dow is on a distinguished road Seaman Parkinson-Dow's Avatar

Question

Who do I need to talk to in order to receive my VHF Radio License without taking the seamanship trade at HMCS QUADRA? (I'm already in a different trade group)
    PO1 Parkinson-Dow
    RCSCC 105 LONSDALE
    Regulating Petty Officer
    anavetsrclcmelsm

Quote Originally Posted by Seaman Parkinson-Dow View Post
    Who do I need to talk to in order to receive my VHF Radio License without taking the seamanship trade at HMCS QUADRA? (I'm already in a different trade group)
    What you're looking for is actually called the Restricted Operator Certificate - Maritime. The Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons (a civilian boating organization) provides training and issues the certificates on behalf of the government. (A radio licence is what you'd get for a radio itself, not for the operator.)

If you want to take the course from them, here's a good place to start looking for one: http://www.cps-ecp.ca/public/public....ListingByCity=

Your corps, or another in the area, might offer similar training as well. You should ask your chain of command about the possibility.

5. The Following User Likes This Post By N. McKay :

You get it in TG3 sail at onatiro
    CPO2 O'Rourke
    58 RCSCC Quinte (Retired)
    272 RCSCC Ojibwa (Retired)

scsm