+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N. McKay View Post
    The whole point of webbing was to keep your trouser cuffs out of the way. Of all the things done in a cadet unit, shears (and gyns) would be the ones where I'd see the most need for webbing. Who wants to get caught up in the splay tackle?
    To be honest, I never saw it that way.I've always regarded webbing as a ceremononial accroutement, which is why I had that idea.
    Incidentally, I'm pretty sure it says nothing about which order of dress that webbing may be worn in.

Gungod is on a distinguished road Gungod's Avatar
    The new PacReg interim Dress Instructions WRT issued STU (Sea Training Uniform) has the following points.

SPECIAL NOTES:

• Seaman’s Cap (White top) shall not be worn in this order of dress.
    • Webbing shall not be worn in this order of dress.
    • Boatswains Call/Gunners whistle is worn in this order of dress (for those authorized).
    • Sea Cadet rank slip-ons shall be worn in this order of dress.
    • This interim guidance is intended for the introduction and wear of the STU at the Corps level ONLY. Amendments to the wearing of the STU at CSTC will be promulgated in the updated Dress CATO.
    LCdr Martin Packer
    102 frase2sub
    GFLSFCM~HMWCSG
    A.F & A.M

Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungod View Post
    The new PacReg interim Dress Instructions WRT issued STU (Sea Training Uniform) has the following points.

SPECIAL NOTES:

• Seaman’s Cap (White top) shall not be worn in this order of dress.
    • Webbing shall not be worn in this order of dress.
    • Boatswains Call/Gunners whistle is worn in this order of dress (for those authorized).
    • Sea Cadet rank slip-ons shall be worn in this order of dress.
    • This interim guidance is intended for the introduction and wear of the STU at the Corps level ONLY. Amendments to the wearing of the STU at CSTC will be promulgated in the updated Dress CATO.
    When is the updated CATO for Sea Cadet dress coming (or expected to come) out, Sir?
    A/SLt Chris Allen
    136 RCSCC AMPHION

Gungod is on a distinguished road Gungod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allen View Post
    When is the updated CATO for Sea Cadet dress coming (or expected to come) out, Sir?

They are saying Winter 2011 Chief.
    LCdr Martin Packer
    102 frase2sub
    GFLSFCM~HMWCSG
    A.F & A.M

Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen's Avatar
    Great! Thanks, Sir.
    A/SLt Chris Allen
    136 RCSCC AMPHION

Quote Originally Posted by Gungod View Post

SPECIAL NOTES:

What... The...

Someone care to explain this?
    Naval Cadet Kelvin Wang
    RCSCC VANGUARD (Administration Officer)
    RCSCC ONTARIO (Former Coxswain)
    G.F.L.S.F.C.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wang View Post
    What... The...

Someone care to explain this?
    It means you can wear the Gunner's Whistle (with chain) or the Boatswain's Call (with chain) on the new STU shirt if you hold the proper appointment in the corps (i.e. Chief Boatswain's Mate).
    A/SLt Chris Allen
    136 RCSCC AMPHION

Haha, I understood that, Chief. You misinterpreted me.
    What I meant to say was, what's with this decision? They're getting rid of the whole "worn to be in place of a lanyard" thing? Don't really like or understand the decision... :l
    Naval Cadet Kelvin Wang
    G.F.L.S.F.C.M.

Haha, I understood that, Chief. You misinterpreted me.
    What I meant to say was, what's with this decision? They're getting rid of the whole "worn to be in place of a lanyard" thing? Don't really like or understand the decision... :l
    Whoops my bad! It seems to look that way. I know at Quadra, (don't know about other SCSTC's) we have been wearing chains on our pants or work dress shirts for years! Perhaps the idea came from there.
    A/SLt Chris Allen
    136 RCSCC AMPHION

Lol, it's all good. :P
    And I've heard about these QUADRA-isms. But it's cuz they have their own officially published dress regs over there, don't they?

As for HMCS ONTARIO, the practice of chains on pants and workdress has stopped. Unfortunately, it kinda re-surfaced this summer and for the gunnery chaining ceremony, chains on pants were worn by certain staff cadets.

I'm not gonna lie, it look sooo nice but I'm just really surprised and confused by this decision...

So, could this mean chains on pants?
    Naval Cadet Kelvin Wang
    G.F.L.S.F.C.M.

Lol, it's all good. :P
    And I've heard about these QUADRA-isms. But it's cuz they have their own officially published dress regs over there, don't they?

As for HMCS ONTARIO, the practice of chains on pants and workdress has stopped. Unfortunately, it kinda re-surfaced this summer and for the gunnery chaining ceremony, chains on pants were worn by certain staff cadets.

I'm not gonna lie, it look sooo nice but I'm just really surprised and confused by this decision...

So, could this mean chains on pants?
    Yeah, Quadra does have their own dress regs. I read them last year. They are essentially the same as the regular sea cadet dress instructions, except for the few small differences like chains on the pants/work dress shirts.

I don't think the practice of wearing chains on one's pants will catch on though. The shirts will most likely be the only pieces of kit that the chains will be worn on... That being said, it is eye catching!
    A/SLt Chris Allen
    136 RCSCC AMPHION

i have the password for to get into the files, but on the cadet site but i can't find the catos, does anyone know where they are?
    Last edited by cgrenier; 18th September 2012 at 17:16.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrenier View Post
    i have the password for to get into the files, but on the cadet site but i can't find the catos, does anyone know where they are?
    They're in the File Repository (on the right side of the screen), under "National", then "CATO".

Or click here.http://www.cadets.ca/repository-repe...ATO%20-%20OAIC
    Lt C. Woods
    1 West Montreal RCACS

Seaman Parkinson-Dow is on a distinguished road Seaman Parkinson-Dow's Avatar

Sea Hiding burns on a gunshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Jackson View Post
    How would one get rid of gunshirt burns of epic proportions, besides waiting for the new one you ordered from your supply officer to come in?
    I have been told by our XO at 105 LONSDALE is that if you apply bleach to the affected area, the burn mark will become white, and will not be noticeable. Unfortunately, the burn will still be there, but I will be white.

NOTE: Be sure to only apply bleach to the white part of the gunshirt. If bleach comes in contact with your gunshirt's black collar, the collar will become white forever.

Hope this helped!

Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Jackson View Post
    How would one get rid of gunshirt burns of epic proportions, besides waiting for the new one you ordered from your supply officer to come in?
    My XO suggested that we use bleach on the burnt area.

This will not fix the burn, but it will hide it.

I suggest you try it.

P.S. Make sure you don't get bleach on the collar, otherwise the collar will became a pale white!
    Last edited by Seaman Parkinson-Dow; 30th October 2012 at 07:37. Reason: Forgot something

Sea Loging-in to Cadets.ca

Quote Originally Posted by cgrenier View Post
    In order to login, how do I obtain a username and passworsd? Do I need to create an account, or ask my XO for login username and password?

Thanks

JackJack is on a distinguished road JackJack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaman Parkinson-Dow View Post
    In order to login, how do I obtain a username and passworsd? Do I need to create an account, or ask my XO for login username and password?

Thanks
    You may contact your staff for the username and password.
    Lt Jacqueline Roberts
    517 F/Lt Graham RCACS

I'm not sure if this was already posted (Forgive me if it was!)
    But what are the origins of the modern STU/Workdress?

BlackPage is on a distinguished road BlackPage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSKnickle View Post
    I'm not sure if this was already posted (Forgive me if it was!)
    But what are the origins of the modern STU/Workdress?
    It's from the RCN's Naval Combat Dress.
    PO1 Ellen Molloy (Ret.)
    HMCS Ontario Basic Seamansip-Bonaventure-2011
    HMCS Ontario DCI-Collingwood-2012
    CSTC Connaught ARMI-Delta Coy 2Pltn-2013
    HMCS Ontario Staff Cadet-Accom-2014

21. The Following User Likes This Post By BlackPage :