+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    What webcam feed are you watching ?
    Lt(N) V. Martel, CD
    cd

http://www.metcam.navcanada.ca/hb/pl...cam=100&lang=e
    This is at Nanaimo Harbour. I have seen the cadets twice on this webcam. We follow the ships on www.digial-seas.com and then look for webcams in their area.
    Sheila Ryall
    RCSCC Trillium
    " Forever Forward"
    Huronia Navy League

Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson's Avatar
    Has anybody heard about staffing for the upcoming round of deployments? My CO sent my name in and I'm just curious as to when I should expect something if I'm selected.
    scsmCPO1 (Retired) Jacksonlsm
    malm
    Onward!
    nlcae

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Jackson View Post
    Has anybody heard about staffing for the upcoming round of deployments? My CO sent my name in and I'm just curious as to when I should expect something if I'm selected.
    We just got the selections this week. The trainees on serial 2 are all from Eastern Region so there are 3 support cadets from Eastern and 1 marine engineer from Pac.

If your name has been sent in, you are still in the running for a position on serials 3 or 4

Banning IP Addresses - one spammer at a time

Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson's Avatar
    Three of our cadets have been selected for sometime in march, if I am selected, I assume it would be for the same time they are going?

National Seamanship Deployment -Serial 3

I was just wondering who else got accepted to Serial 3. 26 February to 3 March! So pumped!!!
    CV Reade Legault
    Former Coxswain, RCSCC TRILLIUM
    Forever Forward
    scsmnlcaerclcme

Still waiting to hear if I was accepted to staff one of the serials
    malm
    Onward!
    nlcae

Seamanship Deployment

I found this on the Cadets website.

The SCSD involves cadets from all regions of Canada and the primary aims of the deployment are to take part in at-sea training as a member of ship’s company aboard a naval vessel, to familiarize the ship’s company with the historical aspects of the training area by providing relevant on-site historical and environmental information; and re-enforce the corps training by putting into practice knowledge and skills learned in the Phase program and to acquire new ones.

The joining Instructions for Serial 1 (30 Oct - 5 Nov 2011) are available here.
    http://www.cadets.ca/WorkArea/linkit...&ItemID=131189
    I think you can do the Coast guard.

I believe these particular deployments are aboard the ORCA's in Comax BC
    Jean Luc Blanchard, A de C
    qdjm Second Lieutenant
    Supply O -Standards O - Duke of Edinburgh's Award Coordinator
    RCACC 2806 Pointe-Claire (RMR)

Sugar Queen Engie is on a distinguished road Engie's Avatar
    Correction, these deployments are run from CFB Esquimalt where the ORCAs are based out of. HMCS QUADRA only gets the use of one, maybe two if we are lucky during July and August.
    SLt Christie Englouenscsm
    102 RCSCC FRASER
    Administration Officer
    Bos'n Mate DivO 2013 HMCS QUADRA

No such luck

Ribbons on STU

So I've looked through the STU guide and past threads here, and can't find anything about wearing ribbons on the STU. Usually if something isn't mentioned it shouldn't be done, but can anyone confirm whether or not it's allowed?

I assume not, since it is trying to mimic the NCDs of the CF.
    SLt Raddatz
    344 RCSCC

Nope, nothing ceremonial at all (besides chain for those authorized)
    malm
    Onward!
    nlcae

No ribbons.
    Only chains, nametags, and rank-slips are authorized for wear on the STU.
    Naval Cadet Kelvin Wang
    RCSCC VANGUARD (Administration Officer)
    RCSCC ONTARIO (Former Coxswain)
    G.F.L.S.F.C.M.

Thanks for the quick responses!
    SLt Raddatz
    344 RCSCC

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wang View Post
    No ribbons.
    Only chains, nametags, and rank-slips are authorized for wear on the STU.
    Do you mean the Gunners Chains? On the STU?
    CPO2 O'Rourke
    58 RCSCC Quinte (Retired)
    272 RCSCC Ojibwa (Retired)

scsm

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2597 View Post
    Gunner and boatswain chains are authorized for the STU, although they are worn around the neck.
    SLt Raddatz
    344 RCSCC

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2597 View Post
    With the release of the document that outlined the STU, chains became authorzed for wear on STU. Personally, I think it's eccentric amd unnecessary, but if it's authorized, it's authorized. :P
    Naval Cadet Kelvin Wang
    RCSCC VANGUARD (Administration Officer)
    RCSCC ONTARIO (Former Coxswain)
    G.F.L.S.F.C.M.

19. The Following User Likes This Post By Chief Wang :

Just got my offer for staffing the deployment, March 17th though 25th!
    malm
    Onward!
    nlcae

We are now prepping for the last deployment for 2011-2012. Cadets from BC and Prairies are arriving on Saturday.

For the ones that read this, make sure you bring at least 2 work dress shirts, as all week is spent wearing the Sea Training Uniform (STU) (see para 15 of the joining instr). And bring both layers of your Sea Cadet parka. A second pair of slip-ons might be handy too.
    Lt(N) V. Martel, CD
    cd