+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Pogo is a glorious beacon of light Pogo is a glorious beacon of light Pogo is a glorious beacon of light Pogo is a glorious beacon of light Pogo is a glorious beacon of light Pogo is a glorious beacon of light Pogo's Avatar
    What are the qualifications for a cook? Food Safety and such? I'm interested in applying but the only experience I've had with ASC is SALTS last year, and I am a gunner by trade so I believe that cook is the only position available to me. Also, I have never been a staff cadet because I just completed course this summer.

Just hope for the best, I guess!
    gflsfcm CPO1 Anya Pogorelova
    Reputation is what others know about you;
    Honour is what you know about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
    What are the qualifications for a cook? Food Safety and such? I'm interested in applying but the only experience I've had with ASC is SALTS last year, and I am a gunner by trade so I believe that cook is the only position available to me. Also, I have never been a staff cadet because I just completed course this summer.

Just hope for the best, I guess!
    To be a cook you need to have a current Food Safe Certification and some releveant experience - a culinary arts course or restaurant experience.

We have Reserve Force cooks for the first serial.

And there won't be any S.A.L.T.S. deployment for this training year - we only did that this year becasue we the PCTs weren't available to us.

Banning IP Addresses - one spammer at a time

Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson's Avatar
    So, how would a humble boatswain go about applying to be a staff cadet for one of these vessels. i woulden't be on the A list since i just compleated course, but i would like to give it a shot
    scsmCPO1 (Retired) Jacksonlsm
    malm
    Onward!
    nlcae

Applications should be on a CF51 through your CO to your regional Sea Office. Check with your CO for details, hopefully your Region has disseminated the information to Corps by now.

KD
    Kevin C. Deck cd1
    Lt(N)
    RCSCC GRILSE canada bc
    Past CO - RCSCC MEDICINE HAT, RCSCC BICKNELL, RCSCC GRILSE

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Jackson View Post
    So, how would a humble boatswain go about applying to be a staff cadet for one of these vessels. i woulden't be on the A list since i just compleated course, but i would like to give it a shot
    Don't sell yourself short! This "humble boatswain" staffed the cutter squadron of ASC 3 years in a row by doing exactly what you are doing now. The way you make it onto the so called "a list" is by trying. Keep that attitude. It will get you far.
    Hutch

wowowow just got my acceptance for the october serial (1) on the deployments pretty excited ........ any one else going ??
    CPO1 John Ryall
    RCSCC 104 Brilliant
    Bos'n 1-3 HMCS Acadia
    STAFF 2010 and 2011
    Boatshed/National Regatta Staff

Quote Originally Posted by boatswainboy View Post
    wowowow just got my acceptance for the october serial (1) on the deployments pretty excited ........ any one else going ??
    Congrats! Hope you have fun .
    こんにちは!
    japan
    rclcme scsm

Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson is a glorious beacon of light Teh_Jackson's Avatar
    unfortunatly my corp hasen't heard anything about this, so i assume its restricted to pac region. since i brought it up though my CO and XO want to get me on a deployment to norway waters as non-staff sometime in november.
    malm
    Onward!
    nlcae

Each region is allocated spots on different serials. I don't know how many each region gets, but I know in Central we have spots on three serials. In EOA (Eastern Ontario), we had five spots for the October serial. My unit sent in three applications. We were the only unit in EOA to send applications in, so all three of our cadets who applied are attending.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Each region is allocated spots on different serials. I don't know how many each region gets, but I know in Central we have spots on three serials. In EOA (Eastern Ontario), we had five spots for the October serial. My unit sent in three applications. We were the only unit in EOA to send applications in, so all three of our cadets who applied are attending.

JB
    interesting, but how can i put my name in for staff if my officers can't help me along with it?
    malm
    Onward!
    nlcae

Serial 1 has begun. Have an amazing time everyone.
    Sheila Ryall
    RCSCC Trillium
    " Forever Forward"
    Huronia Navy League

12. The Following User Likes This Post By NL Golden Secret :

Quote Originally Posted by NL Golden Secret View Post
    Serial 1 has begun. Have an amazing time everyone.
    Indeed Everyone arrived safely yesterday. They are supposed to go to sea later this morning but we have a severe storm with 90km winds going through right now so it is unlikely that they will go anywhere today.

Looks like alongside training today and an early start for QUADRA tomorrow

http://www.metcam.navcanada.ca/hb/pl...&cam=98&lang=e Looks like an amazing evening for the cadets on ORCA 61 in Nanaimo Harbour
    Sheila Ryall
    RCSCC Trillium
    " Forever Forward"
    Huronia Navy League

15. The Following User Likes This Post By NL Golden Secret :

Quote Originally Posted by NL Golden Secret View Post
    http://www.metcam.navcanada.ca/hb/pl...&cam=98&lang=e Looks like an amazing evening for the cadets on ORCA 61 in Nanaimo Harbour
    They did make it out on Sunday after all. Spent Monday night alongside QUADRA. Unfortunately it was too windy for them to leave on Tuesday so they spent the day and another night at QUADRA. Yesterday they headed south for Nanaimo. Haven't heard any news today yet.

If my university interferes with every other serial, except one that is reserved for Pac Region (2, specifically) would it be possible to still get accepted I know it's a long shot, but worth a try right? Or not?
    CPO1 Clarke, S
    HMCS Acadia 2007-2009
    ASC 2010
    Maple Leaf Boatswain 2011

The worst they can do is say no. But you'll never know if you don't bother.
    Hutch

19. The Following User Likes This Post By Bos'n101 :

Well, the serial one trainees are all on their way home (it was a VERY early morning today ) and everyone seemed to have had a great time

Sea

just made it home now from a awesome week. Serial one was amazing lots of laughs, hard work and new friends. The ORCA'S were very good and the crews on both seemed to be the best ever It was a great experince and i would like to get accepted again for staff on another serial hopefully that would be cool ...
    CPO1 John Ryall
    RCSCC 104 Brilliant
    Bos'n 1-3 HMCS Acadia
    STAFF 2010 and 2011
    Boatshed/National Regatta Staff

Has anyone from Atlantic heard about the deadlines for this?
    I'm hoping I didn't miss it!

I just want to go as a cadet, not a staff cadet, so hopefully I didn't miss it

EDIT: Nevermind, I asked my CO about it, and he forwarded on the email to me and the rest of the corps. I'm filling out my application on Sunday! Hoping to get Serial 5 on the Maple Leaf!
    Last edited by Seward93; 2nd December 2010 at 17:59.
    NCdt Jordan Seward
    RCSCC Marconi
    jseward@284marconi.com
    National Sail Regatta 2010, 2011 - Sail Staff, HMCS Acadia 2011, 2012

My app is all ready and sent! Only a couple more months! No acceptance yet though so can't start an official countdown!
    CPO1 Clarke, S
    HMCS Acadia 2007-2009
    ASC 2010
    Maple Leaf Boatswain 2011