+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    It seems to me that it's simply a matter of whoever was responsible for the creation of that chart not including the new name for the course. SLC is being replaced with Leadership and Ceremonial Instructor starting in 2011.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

CW Photo of the Year ZhengC is on a distinguished road ZhengC's Avatar
    Sorry for digging up this thread again, but will Leadership and Ceremonial (replacing SLC) still be a national course?

Just wanna clear things up first before I apply so I know if I have to prepare for review boards and what not.
    WO2 Zheng, C
    692 BCIT Aerospace RCACS
    - GT '09 - Service Band '10 - Music 4-5 '11 - Glider '12 - Power '13 -
    aircsmanavets
    gliderwingspowerwings

Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZhengC View Post
    Sorry for digging up this thread again, but will Leadership and Ceremonial (replacing SLC) still be a national course?

Just wanna clear things up first before I apply so I know if I have to prepare for review boards and what not.
    It's going to be held in each region, like SIC. So yes, there will most likely still be review boards and that whole stuff.
    Captain Travis Buckle canada

I believe that Leadership and Ceremonal will be regional meaning if you are in Central Region, you will be going to TACSTC instead of Cold Lake. The only "national" course is AATC-AO and AATC-AM.
    Basic 2k8 ITLC 2k9 AATC-AO 2k10 AATC 2k11

CW Photo of the Year ZhengC is on a distinguished road ZhengC's Avatar
    So if I was to apply for L&C, I would apply when they ask us who wants to apply for scholarship courses, correct?
    WO2 Zheng, C
    692 BCIT Aerospace RCACS
    - GT '09 - Service Band '10 - Music 4-5 '11 - Glider '12 - Power '13 -
    aircsmanavets
    gliderwingspowerwings

DA Wright is on a distinguished road DA Wright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 351_FP View Post
    I believe that Leadership and Ceremonal will be regional meaning if you are in Central Region, you will be going to TACSTC instead of Cold Lake. The only "national" course is AATC-AO and AATC-AM.
    If you mean "National" as only offered in one location, there is AATC-AO, AATC-AM, AATC-AS (Aerospace - held in St-Jean QC), the IACEs, and Oshkosh.

If you mean "National" as the selection process involving interviews and League scoring, it will include IACE, PPS, GPS, and AATC. Other courses, such as SIC, ASFTC, LCIC, Music, and Oshkosh will be selected Regionally. Expect detailed instructions to be released from your RCSU and League Provincial Commitee within the next 6-8 weeks.
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central
    Do, or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by ZhengC View Post

I don't think anyone entirely knows as of right now, but definately give it a shot if your interested!
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

BATAC (basic aviation technology and aerospace course
    It's actually referred to as BATA for some weird reason

TaraMeikle is on a distinguished road TaraMeikle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    It's actually referred to as BATA for some weird reason
    It's cuz they're awesome like that sir.

(( ... Bandit flight, eh? You guys were the awesome flight. :B ))
    Tara Meikle, Civilian Volunteer
    65 Ponoka RCACS
    aircsm

Quote Originally Posted by TaraMeikle View Post
    It's cuz they're awesome like that sir.

(( ... Bandit flight, eh? You guys were the awesome flight. :B ))
    *cough* Apache flight? And I don't think "being awesome" constitutes a reason to be called BATA instead of BATAC.
    2Lt Podkowka, Dylan
    Villeneuve Cadet Flying Site

LoL apache...actually I dunno Its hard to say which flight is better we barely ever saw you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 351_FP View Post
    It's Gonna Be At TACSTC? That is not gonna be good considering Glider's there. What Do you get when you mix the Glider courses ego's with the SL Courses Ego :/
    BASIC 2k7 Flight 10 Third Intake TACSTC-ITPERTC 2k8 Flight 23 Second Intake TACSTC-ITAC 2k9 Echo Flight Second Intake CRGS-Glider 2k10 B Flight CRGS
    <-- This isn't protest it's mosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Mosh View Post
    It's Gonna Be At TACSTC? That is not gonna be good considering Glider's there. What Do you get when you mix the Glider courses ego's with the SL Courses Ego :/
    Difference is, it's not SL's.
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

Quote Originally Posted by luvin-cadets View Post
    Difference is, it's not SL's.
    You're right, LCIC isn't SLC. It is a whole new course, that will use drill and ceremonial as a milieu to deliver leadership training. And finally, the disparities between the elements for ceremonial will be gone, and the air cadets will be able to do full ceremonial functions that are consistent with CF/Air Force customs, to include drill with arms, fixing bayonets, firing volleys, and feux de joie. Should be a fine course, and conducting it regionally will allow more cadets to attend. My only concern with conducting training regionally is that there will be slight variations from location to location, so that the standard will not be consistent across Canada; however, that isn't a huge issue, as SLC did not ensure a consistent standard, and actually propagated some inaccuracies.
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central

15. The Following User Likes This Post By DA Wright :

Quote Originally Posted by DA Wright View Post
    You're right, LCIC isn't SLC. It is a whole new course, that will use drill and ceremonial as a milieu to deliver leadership training. And finally, the disparities between the elements for ceremonial will be gone, and the air cadets will be able to do full ceremonial functions that are consistent with CF/Air Force customs, to include drill with arms, fixing bayonets, firing volleys, and feux de joie. Should be a fine course, and conducting it regionally will allow more cadets to attend. My only concern with conducting training regionally is that there will be slight variations from location to location, so that the standard will not be consistent across Canada; however, that isn't a huge issue, as SLC did not ensure a consistent standard, and actually propagated some inaccuracies.
    SIC has seemed to do quite well even though it has been offered at multiple training centres so I think there will be much of an issue.
    canada

You mean like the swish and the bounce?
    Captain J. Gleiberman cd1
    Everytime I think I am out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Gleiberman View Post
    You mean like the swish and the bounce?
    And the promenading, and the command singing, and the...
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central

And the promenading, and the command singing, and the...
    BC Lean and the arms swinging out to the side and the wedge worn straight up and down with the button between the eyebrows and the...
    gliderwingsJ-P Johnson cd1
    Barrie Ontario
    The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Sgt Pepper is on a distinguished road Sgt Pepper's Avatar
    Beamsville, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Milky Way
    So upsetting that they are getting rid of SLC. Sure you can change Basic to GT, and ITLC to BLC, but come on. 56 years and thats what they do to it. RIP SLC 1954 - 2010
    rcaircWO2 Evan Klimcanada
    aircsm
    Central Region: 62 Grimsby Phantom Sqn
    Basic 2K7 ITLC 2K8 SLC 2K9 - B3 Sabre
    SIC 2K10 - 7 Griffon
    Basic Survival FSgt - Blackdown CTC 2011

Starting this summer, SIC is also turning into SARC (sar-see), or Search and Rescue Course. SIC will be no more.
    F/Cpl. Morgan Bell
    534 Raider Sqn.
    ITSTC 2K9
    SIC 2K10