+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle's Avatar

New Summer courses - Air Cadets

I was wondering if anyone was aware of all of the new courses coming in and the old courses going out for the Air Cadet Summer Training Program. I have heard about things such as GT of course but I was wondering if someone could fill me and the rest of CW in on what the new courses are, will be equivalent to/new version of, when they are coming in and what we can expect from them.
    Captain Travis Buckle canada

I know that there is BLC (Basic Leadership Course). I'll let you know more about it once I get my staff papers.
    OCdt Rachel Schan
    Supply Officer
    Russell, Ontario
    5 Cyclone RCACS

Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Schan View Post
    I know that there is BLC (Basic Leadership Course). I'll let you know more about it once I get my staff papers.
    Thanks! What is BLC going to cover? Is that going to be the new ITL and ITI put together or?

thepriceisright is on a distinguished road thepriceisright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Buckle View Post
    I was wondering if anyone was aware of all of the new courses coming in and the old courses going out for the Air Cadet Summer Training Program. I have heard about things such as GT of course but I was wondering if someone could fill me and the rest of CW in on what the new courses are, will be equivalent to/new version of, when they are coming in and what we can expect from them.
    GT (general training)
    BSC (basic survival course)
    BAC (basic aviation course)
    BLC (basic leadership course)
    BFSC (basic fitness and sports course)
    BATAC (basic aviation technology and aerospace course)
    ML3-5C (music levels 3-5 course)

thats all i know!

Thanks! What is BLC going to cover? Is that going to be the new ITL and ITI put together or?
    yes!

... i think haha
    OCdt Petten
    702 Lynx RCAirCS

Here, I couldn't attach the full pdf because of its size, but these are how the new summer courses are to be implemented.
    Attached Files
    2Lt Podkowka, Dylan
    Villeneuve Cadet Flying Site

That's what I've been hearing.
    OCdt Rachel Schan
    Supply Officer
    Russell, Ontario
    5 Cyclone RCACS

DA Wright is on a distinguished road DA Wright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Schan View Post
    That's what I've been hearing.
    No, the focus of the BLC is leadership. IT is being emphasized in the corps/sqn program, with specialty-related techniques being presented on the Advanced/Instructor courses. ITIC is not being replaced.
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central
    Do, or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by euphman395 View Post
    Here, I couldn't attach the full pdf because of its size, but these are how the new summer courses are to be implemented.
    This is really helpful, thanks!

-kT is on a distinguished road -kT's Avatar
    BLC (Basic Leadership Course) - replaces ITLC
    BSC (Basic Survival Course) - replaces ITSTC
    BFSC (Basic Fitness and Sports Course) - replaces ITPERTC
    BAC (Basic Aviation Course) - replaces ITAC

LCI (Leadership and Ceremonial Instructor) - replaces SLC
    FSI (Fitness and Sports Instructor) - replaces AI
    SI (Survival Instructor) - SI (unchanged)

i'm missing a few, but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head
    WO1 Tam, Kevin
    lsmaircsm
    692 BCIT Aerospace RCACS

Quote Originally Posted by DA Wright View Post
    No, the focus of the BLC is leadership. IT is being emphasized in the corps/sqn program, with specialty-related techniques being presented on the Advanced/Instructor courses. ITIC is not being replaced.
    Ok. Thank you, sir. I was misinformed, it seems.
    OCdt Rachel Schan
    Supply Officer
    Russell, Ontario
    5 Cyclone RCACS

Quote Originally Posted by -kT View Post
    GT (General Training) - replaces Basic
    BLC (Basic Leadership Course) - replaces ITLC
    BSC (Basic Survival Course) - replaces ITSTC
    BFSC (Basic Fitness and Sports Course) - replaces ITPERTC
    BAC (Basic Aviation Course) - replaces ITAC

LCI (Leadership and Ceremonial Instructor) - replaces SLC
    FSI (Fitness and Sports Instructor) - replaces AI
    SI (Survival Instructor) - SI (unchanged)

i'm missing a few, but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head
    As far as i know these courses come into a affect summer 2011, i know that SLC is still being ran this summer, the others, not sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchol View Post
    As far as i know these courses come into a affect summer 2011, i know that SLC is still being ran this summer, the others, not sure about.
    All the former program six week courses are still running this summer. Starting next summer, the new six week courses will replace the former ones.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    All the former program six week courses are still running this summer. Starting next summer, the new six week courses will replace the former ones.

JB
    will airport operations (aatc-aoc) be changed since it's a fairly new course???

Quote Originally Posted by alexisvalentine View Post
    will airport operations (aatc-aoc) be changed since it's a fairly new course???
    According to the word document posted above, it will remain the same.
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

As per CATO 51-01 Appendix 1 Annex C (http://www.cadets.ca/support/cato-oa...spx?id=96355):

GT (Basic)
    BLC (ITLC)
    BAC (ITAC)
    BFSC (PERT)
    BSC (ITSTC)
    BATAC (?)

ITRCC, SLC, Power, Glider, AIC, SIC, Service Band, and all the Aircraft Maintenence coursess will stay for the Summer of 2010.

However, Introduction to Aerospace Course (ITASC?) which is a 3-week course, will stay.

For the rest, you can click on the link and analyze for yourself. Don't want to spend time talking about the Summer of 2011 when it is so far away.
    WO2 Cheung aircsm
    692 BCIT Aerospace Sqn
    Basic '05, ITLC '06, ITIC '07, SLC '08, AHACSTC Staff '09
    Top ITIC '07 AH 0701
    "Soaring to Excel"

Bow3n is on a distinguished road Bow3n's Avatar
    Curious. I've heard all this talk about your guys' SLC course being removed. According to those tables(in the link) SLC will stay?
    Lt K.R.J. Bowen
    CFB Cold Lake, AB
    42 Radar Squadron

Nope, you must have misread it. SLC will be phased out after this summer with Leadership and Ceremonial Instructor taking its place.

Bow3n is on a distinguished road Bow3n's Avatar
    Nope, you must have misread it. SLC will be phased out after this summer with Leadership and Ceremonial Instructor taking its place.
    That's what I thought. According to CATO 51-01, Annex C, Appendix 1. It's staying around. Slight mistake probably?
    Lt K.R.J. Bowen
    CFB Cold Lake, AB
    42 Radar Squadron

19. The Following User Likes This Post By Bow3n :

Quote Originally Posted by Bow3n View Post
    That's what I thought. According to CATO 51-01, Annex C, Appendix 1. It's staying around. Slight mistake probably?
    Wow... When you make reference to the CATO's that specific it sounds sorta nerdy, not to affend you. Just sayin haha I've done it myself, but say it aloud to yourself haha
    2Lt Morneau J.
    515 North Atlantic RCACS

Quote Originally Posted by Bow3n View Post
    Must be. Check out the first link that was provided higher up in the thread. It's (Leadership and Ceremonial Instructor) shown in that one with no mention of SLC after summer 2010.