+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by marc.sigouin View Post
    And I might add that your way sounds good after thinking about it.

Actually, I really do not want to argue... whatever works in your own part of the woods is what I usually do... But I guess that someday, someone upstairs will settle this on your side of the house... On ours, it's mostly already on print...
    The relationship between the CIC Officers in my unit and the NL Officers that work with the corresponding NLCC is one of mutual respect, but also one where salutes simply aren't given to either group. We don't expect salutes from NLCC Officers and they don't expect salutes from us. it's helped avoid a lot of the potentially "sticky" grey-areas that can be found in the documentation on both sides of the house. And it's worked wonderfully for us.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    I thought is was how the Commanding Officer interpret the 201?
    Well obviously, if you want to be a stickler. However for the purpose of the discussion, we were talking about individual opinions on the matter and therefore for the purposes of the discussion here, it comes down to how the individual interprets the 201.

The discussion would simply grind to a halt if every time we simply fell back to that. And besides, we all know that the CO isn't always right.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

3. The Following User Likes This Post By Juice :

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The relationship between the CIC Officers in my unit and the NL Officers that work with the corresponding NLCC is one of mutual respect, but also one where salutes simply aren't given to either group. We don't expect salutes from NLCC Officers and they don't expect salutes from us. it's helped avoid a lot of the potentially "sticky" grey-areas that can be found in the documentation on both sides of the house. And it's worked wonderfully for us.

JB
    And for me, when I was in a Corps, salutes all around was (and still is) the way to go... and is working at least there...

Some other "joint" Corps are doing the same as you, no salutes, just plain old courtesy (Good Morning and whatnot)

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    And besides, we all know that the CO isn't always right.

JB
    Of course, usually the XO is always right

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By marc.sigouin :