+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 121

Thread: Drill Resources

  1. #41
    Apart from the CFP 201, would anyone have a copy of the Manual of Ceremony for HMC Ships?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    where has DND posted this document for the public?
    The CFP 200, 201 and 265 were all available on the Army section of the DND site until very recently. The 265 is still there.

    Edit: They have been moved to the DHH site, but they are all dead links.......for the moment I assume.

    http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-.../index-eng.asp

  3. #43
    g.landonbrowne is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    1,246
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by rwgill View Post
    The CFP 200, 201 and 265 were all available on the Army section of the DND site until very recently. The 265 is still there.

    Edit: They have been moved to the DHH site, but they are all dead links.......for the moment I assume.

    http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-.../index-eng.asp
    Is there an update or is it just an inconvenience?

  4. #44
    if it smells like fish and tastes like fish its probably fish.

    or perhaps you prefer

    lex parsimoniae
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    if it smells like fish and tastes like fish its probably fish.

    or perhaps you prefer

    lex parsimoniae
    What in the name of God's little green apples are you on about? You are attributing far, far too much into a couple of dead links.

    I think everyone agrees that we shouldn't be allowing links to DND publications hosted outside of Government of Canada sites but there isn't a whiff of legal vaguary in us or any person linking to a DND document hosted on a public DND site.

    Those docs were on the Army site up until a very short time ago. The fact that the dress regs are still on the site puts pay to any idea that there is an issue of copyright or it not being an unrestricted document.

    Instead of anything smelling like a fish, I would suggest that you may be looking for zebras and not horses.
    gliderwingsJ-P Johnson cd1
    Barrie Ontario
    The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    if it smells like fish and tastes like fish its probably fish.

    or perhaps you prefer

    lex parsimoniae
    Do you have anything productive and/or helpful to add?

  7. #47
    That's the link I have always used, too. Unfortunate it is gone - obviously a victim of the webpage restructuring. A few other tidbits are gone as well, although the overall feel is much improved. It takes so long to load any of these documents on the DIN so I always preferred the public page.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    if it smells like fish and tastes like fish its probably fish.

    or perhaps you prefer

    lex parsimoniae
    With all due respect your conclusion is the fallacy post hoc ergo propter hoc or loosely translated: When one assumes they make an *** out of you and me.
    Captain J. Gleiberman cd1
    Everytime I think I am out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

  9. #49
    You know what might be useful is a web site that publishes DND documents including in it the 201. I don't know but if the Cadets.ca website can post the CATO's (a government document of equal sensitivity) it can certainly post the 201. Does anyone here happen to have any influence or role at DCdts to update the Cadets.ca website to include this document in the publications section, anyone?... anyone?... Molitor?... Molitor?
    Captain J. Gleiberman cd1
    Everytime I think I am out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

  10. #50
    Documents, like the 201, where there's no actual harm in releasing, should be under a different license than whatever it seems to be under right now. It makes no sense to say "We can show it to you but you can't show anyone else".

    To add on to the dead links piece, there's a few nuggets you can find around sites with the same DND site structure that either have dead links, the title is named 'Untitled', etc. I also remember a misplaced google analytics script a few months back (I think this has been fixed, but you never know).
    こんにちは!
    japan
    rclcme scsm

  11. #51
    My comment was it is a controlled document and the fact that it is being pulled from public websites supports that DND is looking to gain control of this controlled document. The fact that it has not been posted to the Cadets.ca website is further proof that DND does not want the document out for everyone to see.

    My point was just because something has been posted by others in the past does not mean that it is for everyone to post freely.

    My point was that the simplest answer is usually the correct answer.

    Do I agree that it is a controlled document and isn't publically available? no but why make up all these stories of what is or what could be and accept what is.
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    My comment was it is a controlled document and the fact that it is being pulled from public websites supports that DND is looking to gain control of this controlled document. The fact that it has not been posted to the Cadets.ca website is further proof that DND does not want the document out for everyone to see.

    My point was just because something has been posted by others in the past does not mean that it is for everyone to post freely.

    My point was that the simplest answer is usually the correct answer.

    Do I agree that it is a controlled document and isn't publically available? no but why make up all these stories of what is or what could be and accept what is.
    Except it's your answer that isn't the simplest one. If the intention was to pull it from circulation, there wouldn't be a dead link, there'd be no link at all.

    And posting a link to a file on a public site is not the same thing as hosting the file.

    SOMNIA, a DND site, posts links to just about every newspaper across Canada, many in the US and some overseas. These links are on a publically available site (the first item in a google search will take you there). You don't see the publications going after DND, do you?

    When a good link to the 201 reappears on a DND site, I'm sure we'll link to it from here... and DND won't care.
    gliderwingsJ-P Johnson cd1
    Barrie Ontario
    The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

  13. #53
    if you find a good link on a DND site....

    my point exactly
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    if you find a good link on a DND site....

    my point exactly
    If the only way you can make your point "exactly" is to deliberately misquote me, you've got no point to make in the first place.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    if you find a good link on a DND site....

    my point exactly
    So then what about my suggestion that someone with influence with a DND site post it there?

    Kill two birds with one stone.

    In any event the document is not a protected document, it would be posted here for educational purposes and as such the violation of copyright would be questionable.

    So as JP noted you can be constructive or be silent, take your pick.
    Captain J. Gleiberman cd1
    Everytime I think I am out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

  16. #56
    If i can be posted it will be posted in the Cadet.ca website. That is a direct quote from the Chief of Reserves and Cadets. That fact that it hasn't been posted yet should lead you in a logical progression.
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    That fact that it hasn't been posted yet should lead you in a logical progression.
    ... that it is sitting on the desk of an IT type waiting to get done, and has been for a periods of months?

  18. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By N. McKay :


  19. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    If i can be posted it will be posted in the Cadet.ca website. That is a direct quote from the Chief of Reserves and Cadets. That fact that it hasn't been posted yet should lead you in a logical progression.
    More post hoc ergo propter hoc just because the Chief of Reserves and Cadets says something is to happen, doesn't make it so, or more precisely doesn't make it so right now. I recall a Chief of Reserves and Cadets saying that there is to be a CIC Brig Gen. Haven't seen one yet, doesn't mean it won't happen and doesn't mean that it is illegal either, just means not a priority.

    Anyway since Kevin appears to be in a causality loop or something I won't be able to get a definitive answer until probably tomorrow. Enough debate on what assumptions can come from skimpy facts, so again unless you want to undertake to find out why the 201 is not on Cadets.ca I think we have exhausted this line of discussion.
    Captain J. Gleiberman cd1
    Everytime I think I am out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

  20. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By J. Gleiberman :


  21. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    If i can be posted it will be posted in the Cadet.ca website. That is a direct quote from the Chief of Reserves and Cadets. That fact that it hasn't been posted yet should lead you in a logical progression.
    non teneas aurum totum quod splendet ut aurum

  22. #60
    g.landonbrowne is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    1,246
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    2
    Iway ancay itewray inway Atinlay ootay- ohway aitway...

  23. The Following User Likes This Post By g.landonbrowne :


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts