+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Drill Resources

Quote Originally Posted by g.landonbrowne View Post
    It is taking a while to attach I should have it sent in the next 30 mins
    thank you.
    Last edited by PilotInTraining; 3rd September 2011 at 16:53.
    BLC 2010
    DCIC 2013
    Glider 2014
    Power 2015
    aircsm

the problem with the 201 is it is not a public document. It is a controlled document *albeit not very well controlled. I do not think that it can be posted here legally. I know that there was a lot of talk about posting it to the cadets.ca website but since it hasn't happened yet, I imagine they are having difficulties doing that as well.
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

alright sir, the link has been removed.
    Last edited by PilotInTraining; 3rd September 2011 at 16:46.
    BLC 2010
    DCIC 2013
    Glider 2014
    Power 2015
    aircsm

Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    the problem with the 201 is it is not a public document. It is a controlled document *albeit not very well controlled. I do not think that it can be posted here legally. I know that there was a lot of talk about posting it to the cadets.ca website but since it hasn't happened yet, I imagine they are having difficulties doing that as well.
    This site is very public.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-te...formes-eng.asp

g.landonbrowne is on a distinguished road
    There are a couple of websites out there that have the 201 up (just not the full version) and there has never been any legal issues with it. Is the Manual not public access, and why then would it be made available to cadets if it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by rwgill View Post
    well then sir, would it be safe to have a link to the 201 here... the full 684 page one?
    BLC 2010
    DCIC 2013
    Glider 2014
    Power 2015
    aircsm

g.landonbrowne is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    well then sir, would it be safe to have a link to the 201 here... the full 684 page one?
    I shouldn't think you would get in any trouble

I just gave you a link

I just gave you a link
    my mistake sir... i thought the website was something else.
    gotta get some more sleep...
    Last edited by Rhino Rob; 3rd September 2011 at 17:20.
    BLC 2010
    DCIC 2013
    Glider 2014
    Power 2015
    aircsm

my mistake sir... i thought the website was something else.
    gotta get some more sleep...
    I removed your link.

The documents are owed by DND. They can share their documents, but you shouldn't.

just because you have information does not mean you have the right to post information; you can end up making people angry (wiki-leaks?).

Also, just cause someone else is posting it does not mean they are doing the right thing. Millions of people post pirate copies of music and movies online, does not mean it is right if I do it.
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

just because you have information does not mean you have the right to post information; you can end up making people angry (wiki-leaks?).

Also, just cause someone else is posting it does not mean they are doing the right thing. Millions of people post pirate copies of music and movies online, does not mean it is right if I do it.
    Pirating music or movies means that you're preventing the artist from making money; but who is being harmed when you post a copy of the 201?
    Alexander Rodd, PE

13. The Following User Likes This Post By a.rodd :

Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen is a glorious beacon of light Chris Allen's Avatar
    It's not just that you're stealing money from the person, the fact is that it is copyrighted and you are breaking the law.
    A/SLt Chris Allen
    136 RCSCC AMPHION

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allen View Post
    It's not just that you're stealing money from the person, the fact is that it is copyrighted and you are breaking the law.
    Remember: Law != Morality

If something is illegal, it doesn't automatically mean it's immoral.

the problem with the 201 is it is not a public document. It is a controlled document *albeit not very well controlled. I do not think that it can be posted here legally.
    Legally in terms of the Copyright Act, or something else? It's unclassified, so I don't see an official-secrets-type issue.

I removed your link.

The documents are owed by DND. They can share their documents, but you shouldn't.
    thank you sir, i didnt know that.... i just assumed since it was available to the public for free that we're allowed to re distribute it... i guess i was wrong. thank you for correcting me.
    BLC 2010
    DCIC 2013
    Glider 2014
    Power 2015
    aircsm

Okay, I said I was going to PM Lt Deck, RCN which I have. We will discuss this and make a decision. I will post once this decision has been made. Thank you Rob for the link but it takes us to the 265, not the 201 (although useful in its own way).
    Captain J. Gleiberman cd1
    Everytime I think I am out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Gleiberman View Post
    Okay, I said I was going to PM Lt Deck, RCN which I have. We will discuss this and make a decision. I will post once this decision has been made. Thank you Rob for the link but it takes us to the 265, not the 201 (although useful in its own way).
    Darn! Sorry. They used to be on the same page.

It should still be on there somewhere. I'll check.

thank you sir, i didnt know that.... i just assumed since it was available to the public for free that we're allowed to re distribute it... i guess i was wrong. thank you for correcting me.
    where has DND posted this document for the public?
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)

where has DND posted this document for the public?
    Until extremely recently it was posted openly on the Canadian Army website. For whatever reason that link is dead but I highly doubt it's a copyright or restricted publication issue.
    gliderwingsJ-P Johnson cd1
    Barrie Ontario
    The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.