+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Music Resources

Quote Originally Posted by BandOForever View Post
    My squadron formed a glock and drum band in Feb. consisting of 2 borrowed glocks a bass drum and 2 snares. We will be expanding this year to a full service band, including cadets from the sea and army cadets.

What I lack is music. Where can I go on a nil budget to get marching music?

It wouldn't hurt to get some instruments as well. At one time the camps would lend out instruments for the training year, does this still happen?

Any help? Any units with instruments to sell or give away? (couldn't hurt to ask)

Contact the RCMA and see if he can share with you the electronic versions of the cadet march books. These work very well especially for glock and drum bands.
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

Looking for something pretty eluisive

Hey folks,

don't know if anyone is still on here but I'm looking for the band drill DVD, the new one that they released after the band drill got changed

I've seen a physical copy or 2 but a digital copy is what i'm looking for.

Being on the civillian side I can't get into the repository to get the download

thanks

gomes
    music director

CW Staff Writer Thundah is on a distinguished road Thundah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomes View Post
    Hey folks,

don't know if anyone is still on here but I'm looking for the band drill DVD, the new one that they released after the band drill got changed

thanks

gomes
    music director
    Anyone can register an account for the file repository, you don't even really need to be associated with the cadet program.
    L. Korolenchuk
    Flight Sergeant (Ret'd)

aircsmlsm | canada

4. The Following User Likes This Post By Thundah :

Would anyone have some update links. The ones from 2009 bring me to a white page. Found some local corps with some things, but wondering if there is an official central registry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomes View Post
    Hey folks,

thanks

gomes
    music director
    I have them on our website at http://www.amphion.ca/military-band-drill-videos/

You'd have to download each one of the many individually (right-click and "Save Target/Link as..."), but better than no videos at all

Dave
    Lt(N) David Grant, CD (CPO2 RCN Ret'd)
    ssmcpsmuntaccd2
    Former Cadet:NLCC C.B. Hill / RCSCC WARRIOR / RCACC 1712 Edson RCE
    Staff:RCSCCs PORT AUGUSTA / RICHELIEU / RAINBOW / BEACON HILL / AMPHION