+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Music Resources

Quote Originally Posted by Kommendant View Post
    Hey all,

I've been trolling the internet and eventually found a copy of Scotland the Brave on the Army Cadet March Book but it only has Scotland The Brave; No Blackbear. It would seem silly to have these two pieces on separate sheets so I was wondering if somebody had a full set of Scotland the Brave & Blackbear on the same card. In my squadron we are a mil band so I don't need pipe parts (The Army cadet core has P&D band so we form up with them for Remembrance Day parade) Also, if anybody finds Bonnie Dundee for mil/massed band...
    I believe many of the more experienced atlantic region cadets have a march card for the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo, including myself, but i have lst my copy after memorizing it. The cadets in the RNSIT recieve it as well as the NS Tri-Service Cadet band has played this i believe.
    Musician Bryenton Innes, 3rd Field Artillery Band, Saint John, NB
    Former
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class, 356 WOLF
    scsmnlcaerclcme

OddIceman1997 is on a distinguished road OddIceman1997's Avatar
    Hey, I just wanna know if anyone has a copy of the entire RAF March Past, for Flute preferably (transposing would be too much work not even lying and I would rather not anyways) please and thank you?
    F/Fsgt. Chris Arsenault (2010-14)
    Former Drum Major, 713 RCAC Thunderbolt Squadron, Hamilton, ON
    Top Jr. Band Member 2011
    Top Sr. Drill Team w/out Arms Member 2012, 2014

Hey all,

I've been trolling the internet and eventually found a copy of Scotland the Brave on the Army Cadet March Book but it only has Scotland The Brave; No Blackbear. It would seem silly to have these two pieces on separate sheets so I was wondering if somebody had a full set of Scotland the Brave & Blackbear on the same card. In my squadron we are a mil band so I don't need pipe parts (The Army cadet core has P&D band so we form up with them for Remembrance Day parade) Also, if anybody finds Bonnie Dundee for mil/massed band...
    I looked around a bit and you're right - it is easy to find Scotland the Brave or Blackbear by themselves but not together. Do you have a version of either song that you are already using that just isn't combined with the other? I've got a mil-band version of black bear sitting around on my computer somewhere, I throw together a half-decent arrangement for you.
    M. Scott
    632 Phoenix BandO
    Eastern Ottawa, ON

Quote Originally Posted by OddIceman1997 View Post
    Hey, I just wanna know if anyone has a copy of the entire RAF March Past, for Flute preferably (transposing would be too much work not even lying and I would rather not anyways) please and thank you?
    In what key?
    M. Scott
    632 Phoenix BandO
    Eastern Ottawa, ON

OddIceman1997 is on a distinguished road OddIceman1997's Avatar
    B-flat or E-flat major preferably! I just got a copy for E flat the other day, so if possible B flat Sir.
    F/Fsgt. Chris Arsenault (2010-14)
    Former Drum Major, 713 RCAC Thunderbolt Squadron, Hamilton, ON
    Top Jr. Band Member 2011
    Top Sr. Drill Team w/out Arms Member 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by OddIceman1997 View Post
    B-flat or E-flat major preferably! I just got a copy for E flat the other day, so if possible B flat Sir.
    Okay, sent you a PM.
    M. Scott
    632 Phoenix BandO
    Eastern Ottawa, ON

Kommendant is on a distinguished road Kommendant's Avatar

I'm sorry for the really late follow up; I'm the DM for my squadron's mil band so I would need arrangements in all keys if possible (we are really woodwind heavy) but if you could do B-flat that would work great (I could try to transpose it for other instruments)
    Thanks again,

Skir,

I'm sorry for the really late follow up; I'm the DM for my squadron's mil band so I would need arrangements in all keys if possible (we are really woodwind heavy) but if you could do B-flat that would work great (I could try to transpose it for other instruments)
    Thanks again,
    Sure - send me an email -> 632scott <at> gmail.com and we can hammer out the details.
    M. Scott
    632 Phoenix BandO
    Eastern Ottawa, ON

Hi all,

I've been tasked with being the duty bugler this weekend for our onboard weekend. He's looking for me to also bugle the warning calls for the mess dinner. I was informed that I would need a 15 minute warning, a 5 minute warning, and hands to dinner. Can anyone tell me exactly which calls these are supposed to be in the 202 and/or March Book and in what order? I'm trying to draw on my experience at Quadra but just can't remember which calls were played at the officer's mess dinner.
    Andrew Flavell

Air

Quote Originally Posted by Drewflav View Post
    Hi all,

I've been tasked with being the duty bugler this weekend for our onboard weekend. He's looking for me to also bugle the warning calls for the mess dinner. I was informed that I would need a 15 minute warning, a 5 minute warning, and hands to dinner. Can anyone tell me exactly which calls these are supposed to be in the 202 and/or March Book and in what order? I'm trying to draw on my experience at Quadra but just can't remember which calls were played at the officer's mess dinner.
    If you don't manage to get a response here, email Lt(N) Darrell Dudley and he should be able to help you out.
    James E. Cartwright cd
    Lieutenant(N)
    canada Only those willing to go too far can possibly find out just how far one can go. - TS Elliot
    fear no1sube

dkelly is on a distinguished road dkelly's Avatar
    Can anyone tell me were i can find the level books for P&D snare drumming?
    CWO Kelly
    Ret. Training WO at 2918 Essex and Kent Scottish Army Cadet Corps
    canada  armycsm2

2Lt Podkowka, Dylan
    Villeneuve Cadet Flying Site

No I think they mean the new ones that Blackdown has been using. They are just finishing final edits and should be available in the near future.
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

dkelly is on a distinguished road dkelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euphman395 View Post

thanks, those were what i was looking for, i found them in the past and couldnt find my way back to them
    CWO Kelly
    Ret. Training WO at 2918 Essex and Kent Scottish Army Cadet Corps
    canada  armycsm2

Just be cautious.

Outside of the 911, the other documents do not align with the current pipe band music training. They can be used as references but I don't think that they spell out exactly the requirements for levels.
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

anybody got sheet music for some Christmas songs greatly appreciated

dhillon will become famous soon enough dhillon's Avatar
    Does anyone have a copy of A-CR-CCP-910/PG-001? These are the standards for music level testing for Military Band musicians.

There is a French copy (-002) on an Air Cadet squadrons website but no sign of the English version.

Please?

If you dig around Eastern's Music folders on the Extranet, you should be able to find it. I can't give you exact instructions right now, unfortunately. If you don't have any luck I can point you in the right direction when I'm home.
    2Lt Podkowka, Dylan
    Villeneuve Cadet Flying Site

dhillon will become famous soon enough dhillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euphman395 View Post
    If you dig around Eastern's Music folders on the Extranet, you should be able to find it. I can't give you exact instructions right now, unfortunately. If you don't have any luck I can point you in the right direction when I'm home.
    Thank you very much. Found it relatively easily.

Capt B. S. (Bob) Dhillon
    Trg O - 2884 RCACC
    Former DCO of 105 RCACC

New Band in need of music/instruments

My squadron formed a glock and drum band in Feb. consisting of 2 borrowed glocks a bass drum and 2 snares. We will be expanding this year to a full service band, including cadets from the sea and army cadets.

What I lack is music. Where can I go on a nil budget to get marching music?

It wouldn't hurt to get some instruments as well. At one time the camps would lend out instruments for the training year, does this still happen?

Any help? Any units with instruments to sell or give away? (couldn't hurt to ask)
    Capt. Wojcik
    gsmqgjmqdjmcomm

canada ns