+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_shortie201 View Post
    lol i cant even understand what to put
    down let alone finish it!
    That's an easy choice. Quadra Services!! ha ha ha I'm just kidding. Apply for what you want. There are many positions to choose from
    NCdt C. Malone
    R.C.S.C.C #49 John Travers Cornwell Victoria Cross
    CSTC Blackdown Fitness & Sports Instructor Platoon Commander '11
    H.M.C.S Quadra Boatswains Mate Divisional Officer '12

WOW, completly different ball game now with the new slates. Well ma'am that definetly is a big surprise. I'm interested to see how the camp will run with the removal of all the trade chiefs.
    SLt Michael Jarosz

Pacific Region Sailing Race Team Coach
    South Vancouver Island Sail Center Head Instructor

I see Three A/Boats O positions. I assume, due to the requirements of two of them to have White sail 3, that two of them will be used for the Overnight sail, if we're still doing that?

I'm also curious as to the start//end dates of Training, if known.
    SLt Hood I. scsm
    #136 Amphion
    GT Sail Officer 2007
    SCOP 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Something thats been driving me nuts, can someone make the title HMCS QUADRA 2010, or at least put some capatilization into it. =) Thanks.

Also, The new slates look interesting indeed, Can't wait to see how the summer will pan out =)
    [Mr. Stuart K Parsons]
    WWRD ♥ HMCS Quadra 2011? ♥ HEPP
    Fiberglass the Q. MEKP For Life - Shipwright '06
    Because life is too short to be anything but happy...
    I Tweet, Do You?

Quote Originally Posted by Helburn View Post
    I see Three A/Boats O positions. I assume, due to the requirements of two of them to have White sail 3, that two of them will be used for the Overnight sail, if we're still doing that?

I'm also curious as to the start//end dates of Training, if known.
    You assume correctly

Training starts on 12 July and ends 20 August (except for MarEng of course)

Banning IP Addresses - one spammer at a time

Bow3n is on a distinguished road Bow3n's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_shortie201 View Post
    lol i cant even understand what to put
    down let alone finish it!
    Psst...Hannah. You want to be down on the Jetty where the sailors are. Take Boatshed.

I'm thinking of putting down
    HMCS Quadra - TG2 Sail Instructor, TG3 Sail Instructor, GT Sail Instructor

Then Acadia, and Ontario as 4th-9th Choices.
    Lt K.R.J. Bowen
    CFB Cold Lake, AB
    42 Radar Squadron

Quote Originally Posted by Tofuticuties View Post
    Something thats been driving me nuts, can someone make the title HMCS QUADRA 2010, or at least put some capatilization into it. =) Thanks.
    If I remember correctly, there is a vB code preventing users from posting titles in all caps.
    James E. Cartwright cd
    Lieutenant(N)
    canada Only those willing to go too far can possibly find out just how far one can go. - TS Elliot
    fear no1sube

CPO1 QUADRA Services 2008 Mockingbird is on a distinguished road Mockingbird's Avatar
    I'm going to be interested in how this is gonna change everything next year. It will be interesting for sure!
    NCdt Mok, Denise / #47RCSCC Capt Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by M Jarosz View Post
    I'm interested to see how the camp will run with the removal of all the trade chiefs.
    Your not the only one. It seems there has been a significant decrease in cadet leadership positions. Hopefully the Snr PO1's and the Coxswain will be able to handle the pressure. There will be a lot resting on the professionalism of the 2 Trg Dept CPO2s.

Quote Originally Posted by FireForEffect View Post
    Your not the only one. It seems there has been a significant decrease in cadet leadership positions. Hopefully the Snr PO1's and the Coxswain will be able to handle the pressure. There will be a lot resting on the professionalism of the 2 Trg Dept CPO2s.
    Agreed. Every dept. will inevitably have a "senior staff cadet" of sorts, whether its in an official or non-official appointment. This cadet will just be a PO1, the same rank as say 5 other ppl in their department, more responsibility but no difference in pay.
    SLt Amanda Norquay, MB Sail Centre, Sail Instructor
    04-HMCS QU'APPELLE STG2 Staff Cadet End of an Era
    05- Prairie Region Cadet P&D Honour Band
    2005-2010 HMCS QUADRA Sail Staff
    rip clayton

Ya, it is kinda strange that close to 10 CPO jobs were cut. I agree that there were alot but not that much. If I'm not mistaken, HMCS Ontario has a CPO2 for almost everything, (ie CPO2 of the Blocks and Dhoby??) so are they being cut too?

Quote Originally Posted by thongdealer View Post
    Agreed. Every dept. will inevitably have a "senior staff cadet" of sorts, whether its in an official or non-official appointment. This cadet will just be a PO1, the same rank as say 5 other ppl in their department, more responsibility but no difference in pay.
    That was the first thing that came to my mind. I also find it interesting that there will be only 1 "trades chief" that will be in charge of all the course, and staff cadets for each trade. They have a lot of work to do and good luck to anyone that fills it.
    SLt Michael Jarosz

Ya, it is kinda strange that close to 10 CPO jobs were cut. I agree that there were alot but not that much. If I'm not mistaken, HMCS Ontario has a CPO2 for almost everything, (ie CPO2 of the Blocks and Dhoby??) so are they being cut too?
    HMCS ONTARIO has 12 CPO2 positions:

CPO2 of Gunnery
    CPO2 of General Training
    CPO2 of Boatswain
    CPO2 of Sail
    CPO2 of Music
    WO2 of Athletics
    CPO2 of PERI
    CPO2 of Operations
    CPO2 of Accommodations
    CPO2 of Boatshed
    CPO2 of Supply
    CPO2 of Administration

I'm not sure if there are others. With the CPU, I'm not sure how these positions will be affected. We won't know until the 2010 establishment comes out.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

That was the first thing that came to my mind. I also find it interesting that there will be only 1 "trades chief" that will be in charge of all the course, and staff cadets for each trade. They have a lot of work to do and good luck to anyone that fills it.
    We are so on the same page. LOTS of work. I mean the CPO's don't officially have a job to do directly with the course cadets, but they were generally always visible to the course cadets and gave each division in their trade BZs and such. But I'm sure if you ask most CPO1s they had a hard enough time trying to get around to divisions and see whats going on in training, even the Training CPO1. I can definitely see some adjustments that will need to be made in every department to make things run smoothly, personnel wise.
    SLt Amanda Norquay, MB Sail Centre, Sail Instructor
    04-HMCS QU'APPELLE STG2 Staff Cadet End of an Era
    05- Prairie Region Cadet P&D Honour Band
    2005-2010 HMCS QUADRA Sail Staff
    rip clayton

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    HMCS ONTARIO has 12 CPO2 positions:

CPO2 of Gunnery
    CPO2 of General Training
    CPO2 of Boatswain
    CPO2 of Sail
    CPO2 of Music
    WO2 of Athletics
    CPO2 of PERI
    CPO2 of Operations
    CPO2 of Accommodations
    CPO2 of Boatshed
    CPO2 of Supply
    CPO2 of Administration

I'm not sure if there are others. With the CPU, I'm not sure how these positions will be affected. We won't know until the 2010 establishment comes out.

JB
    Ya Quadra was similar, take out a couple of those jobs and replace them with others and it would be the same.
    SLt Michael Jarosz

Going to be interesting for sure with this new program and all the job cut backs. Everyone in this thread is used to the Quadra with 4 CPO1's and a few good CPO2's to make everything smooth. Im hoping that this year i get accepted for a CPO2 position if i get to Quadra from Atlantic region that is lol.Since there isnt going to be a CPO1 in the administration department side of things , will there be a CPO2? Im wondering this since i was Chief of Support Services at Acadia this summer, its the same job just classified under a different name.
    Retired PO1 Connollynl
    #166 RCSCC Fort Townshend/#3 RCSCC Terra Nova
    HMCS Acadia CPO2 of Support Services 2k9
    zMarine Engineerz fest08

Who says that the CPO2 Trades Training is going to be in charge of all the SCdts for each trade? In summer 2009 we pushed very hard for the divisional system to be used. SCdts are responsible to their Course Os through their DivOs. If you look at the Org charts, the Chiefs are in a separate line and do not have any SCdts in their Chain of Command. The Coxswain is responsible to the Quadra CWO and there is a dotted line from the Coxswain to all SCdts and a dotted line from the Quadra CWO to all SCdts.

Quote Originally Posted by cody connolly View Post
    Going to be interesting for sure with this new program and all the job cut backs.
    It's not cutbacks , it's a reorganisation of resources. The overall budget is increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) J. Hillsden View Post
    Who says that the CPO2 Trades Training is going to be in charge of all the SCdts for each trade? In summer 2009 we pushed very hard for the divisional system to be used. SCdts are responsible to their Course Os through their DivOs. If you look at the Org charts, the Chiefs are in a separate line and do not have any SCdts in their Chain of Command. The Coxswain is responsible to the Quadra CWO and there is a dotted line from the Coxswain to all SCdts and a dotted line from the Quadra CWO to all SCdts.
    I'd be very interested in seeing the org charts. Judging from your response it would seem that there has theoretically been a significant decrease in the reliance on cadet leadership. Senior NCMs are part of the divisional system. Staff Cadets, while being directly responsible to their officers still have an obligation to their non-commissioned superiors, especially given that there are a majority of matters that are not dealt with by officers. It's absurd to believe that the Coxswain is going to somehow pass down information to the entire PO1/PO2 Staff without having CPO's under him, and PO1's under them. Not to mention the sort of "binding" nature that a Department Chief has, which may or may not be a good thing. I can see this new system certainly reducing "departmentalism" and it will require very astute Training Chiefs, who are capable of looking beyond their own trade. I feel for the sailors who bring their concerns to their Trg Chief, who is a Shipwright.

How exactly is the cadet chain of command intended to work?

As an aside, I have always believed that QUADRA needed to reduce it's CPO's, especially in the PERI, Flotilla and QServices departments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) J. Hillsden View Post
    You are totally correct ma'am. But, many SCdts used their trade chiefs to pass things up the chain of command. So in a sense they were probably kinda lazy since we all knew that it was the Cox'n we should be talking too. Since the trade chiefs would normally share an office with the SCdts in their department, it was easy to find them and talk to them.

Now I guess we're gonna have to do things the right way
    SLt Michael Jarosz

You are totally correct ma'am. But, many SCdts used their trade chiefs to pass things up the chain of command. So in a sense they were probably kinda lazy since we all knew that it was the Cox'n we should be talking too. Since the trade chiefs would normally share an office with the SCdts in their department, it was easy to find them and talk to them.

Now I guess we're gonna have to do things the right way
    Whoa whoa what Chief? Solve problems at the lowest level. There is a reason for the CPO2 rank. Imagine if every PO2 just went to the Coxswain every time they had a problem. Where are you referencing that going right to the CPO1 level is "the right way"?