+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    How likely is it for an Air Cadet to get a position as a Reg Staff at Quadra?
    It's possible. Depends what you apply for.

Banning IP Addresses - one spammer at a time

jay_me is on a distinguished road jay_me's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) J. Hillsden View Post

There are some significant changes
    I assume that has to do with the new 3 week courses being introduced this summer??
    Ncdt Jayme Johnson
    Blue Instructor
    National Regatta '03/'04/'05/'06
    HMCS Qu'appelle - End of an Era
    rip clay

Lt(N) Hillsden, im just wondering about something. Is it easy to get an officer staffing position at Quadra if your from another region. Right now,my plan is to become a NCDT before this upcoming summer but i would like to do my staffing at the Q. I also am going to fill out a CF51 for staff as a cadet just in case BOQ/MOC is full come June. Which brings me to my next question. I was a CPO2 this summer at camp and would hate to be demoted,so is it possible for a staff cadet from NL to fill one of the CPO1 candidate spots at the Q? If you could help answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.
    Retired PO1 Connollynl
    #166 RCSCC Fort Townshend/#3 RCSCC Terra Nova
    HMCS Acadia CPO2 of Support Services 2k9
    zMarine Engineerz fest08

Sugar Queen Engie is on a distinguished road Engie's Avatar
    Ummmm, I am not 100% sure on this but once you are a NCdt with cadets, you can't apply for staff as a cadet. I am probably not making any sense but because you are planning on going as a NCdt, it would be a good idea to get your paperwork in now to ensure that you have a better chance of being enrolled before the summer and a better chance of getting on BOQ/MOC.
    SLt Christie Englouenscsm
    102 RCSCC FRASER
    Administration Officer
    Bos'n Mate DivO 2013 HMCS QUADRA

Quote Originally Posted by cody connolly View Post
    Lt(N) Hillsden, im just wondering about something. Is it easy to get an officer staffing position at Quadra if your from another region. Right now,my plan is to become a NCDT before this upcoming summer but i would like to do my staffing at the Q. I also am going to fill out a CF51 for staff as a cadet just in case BOQ/MOC is full come June. Which brings me to my next question. I was a CPO2 this summer at camp and would hate to be demoted,so is it possible for a staff cadet from NL to fill one of the CPO1 candidate spots at the Q? If you could help answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.
    If you have the chance for one more year, take it as cadet staff. You can be an officer until you are 65, but you can only be a cadet until you are 19........ my humble opinion, before anyone jumps on me
    Captain MK Wilson, RSW
    gsm

yeah i definitely will try for my last year of staff. The thing is i really want a CPO1 candidate position at Quadra and was wondering my chances of getting this position,since i am an atlantic region cadet.Also i would like to know how the CPO1 candidates get accepted for Quadra,since other summer camps pick their CPO1's way before camp starts and have tryouts for the 2 CPO1 jobs available( in Acadia's case )
    Retired PO1 Connollynl
    zMarine Engineerz fest08

Quote Originally Posted by cody connolly View Post

Lt(N) Hillsden will supply the definitive answers for you, but in general:

1. As an Officer, you generally apply for staff through your Regional HQ. Regions have a mandate to fill their own STC's slates, so they may not forward your app to another region if they have an equivalent position open at their STC. They may offer you a position at the in-region STC, and if you decline you are out of luck. Hence why QUADRA is primarily staffed by Pacific and Prairie Region personnel. However, there are some Central and and Atlantic people who do work at QUADRA, so it is indeed possible, especially if one has been out there a few times before and are very much desired by QUADRA for a certain position.

2. There is no Regional pre-requisite for any CPO1 slate at QUADRA. CPO1s may come from any Region.

3. You cannot apply for BOTC (the new name for the old BOQ course) until you are an Officer. If you are an Officer, you cannot apply for a position as a Staff Cadet. However, since Staff Cadet applications are due in just over a month, you might as well fill out a Staff Cadet application now. If you do enroll and become an NCDT, you can always withdraw your application, and find out if there are still any vacant spots at QUADRA at that time that you could apply for.

4. Pacific Region sends out advanced training offers (not job offers ) to 4 selected CPO1 candidates. Those candidates are chosen in large part based on their performance reviews the previous summer. At the end of the summer, the LCDR's make a CPO1 recommendation list based on PERs and recommendations from department heads, course Officers, etc. If someone's name is on that list, and they apply for a CPO1 spot, they have a good chance of being offered one of the CPO1 spots. If their name is not on that list, their odds are much lower, however, if some of the people who were on the list do not apply, then that opens up the chances for others. Once the 4 Candidates are given offers, then it depends on whether they accept or decline. If they decline, then other people will get offers. So even if someone was not on the end-of-camp candidate list does not mean they will never have a chance of becoming a CPO1. Once there are 4 candidates in place who have accepted offers, they head out to QUADRA early, and sit some boards to help determine who gets which position.

KD
    Kevin C. Deck cd1
    Lt(N)
    RCSCC GRILSE canada bc
    Past CO - RCSCC MEDICINE HAT, RCSCC BICKNELL, RCSCC GRILSE

Thanks for the information sir,im sure i have the idea of everything now.
    Retired PO1 Connollynl
    zMarine Engineerz fest08

The reason that I have not responded to the CPO1 questions is that there is a significant change for 2010 that I cannot discuss with you until it is made public sometime next week.

Also, the process for out-of-region staffing for 2010 has not yet been finalised so it may be the same or it may be different.

Sorry to be evasive but the answers to your questions don't exist - yet

As for the NCdt/SCdt question - the correct answer has been given. Your membership of the CCO ceases as soon as you become a member of the CF.

I will advise all of the changes as soon as I am able

Can't wait to hear what the Significant change is!

Also, is the "QUADRA SUMMER 2010 POSITIONS FOR OFFICERS, CIVILIAN INSTRUCTORS, AND NCMS" out yet?
    [Mr. Stuart K Parsons]
    WWRD ♥ HMCS Quadra 2011? ♥ HEPP
    Fiberglass the Q. MEKP For Life - Shipwright '06
    Because life is too short to be anything but happy...
    I Tweet, Do You?

As for the NCdt/SCdt question - the correct answer has been given. Your membership of the CCO ceases as soon as you become a member of the CF.

I will advise all of the changes as soon as I am able
    As of right now, unless changes have very very recently occured, this comment is not exactly correct. A cadet may be a member of the CF as a reservist once they turn 17 (age may actually be 16).

From what I understand, this may be changing with a new / updated DAOD.

Correct me if I am wrong, but what does change when a cadet joins the CF as a reservist, is their ability to be hired for employment via the cadet program.
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Tofuticuties View Post

Also, is the "QUADRA SUMMER 2010 POSITIONS FOR OFFICERS, CIVILIAN INSTRUCTORS, AND NCMS" out yet?
    Lt (N) Hillsden has already stated they will be attached to Nov MROs.
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

Thank you Sir, should have read the older posts =)
    [Mr. Stuart K Parsons]
    WWRD ♥ HMCS Quadra 2011? ♥ HEPP
    Fiberglass the Q. MEKP For Life - Shipwright '06
    Because life is too short to be anything but happy...
    I Tweet, Do You?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    As of right now, unless changes have very very recently occured, this comment is not exactly correct. A cadet may be a member of the CF as a reservist once they turn 17 (age may actually be 16).

From what I understand, this may be changing with a new / updated DAOD.

Correct me if I am wrong, but what does change when a cadet joins the CF as a reservist, is their ability to be hired for employment via the cadet program.
    You are absolutely correct. I was thinking of the wording on the Offer of Advanced Training Position.

However, and I will have to check, I don't think you can be a member of the REgular Force and a cadet at the same time.

quadrapiper is on a distinguished road quadrapiper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofuticuties View Post
    Same here.

Anyway, unless the MRO announcement changes the positions, thinking of A/Boats, Gunnery III Div O, and PCT (not parade) Deck O.

Could always try for the long-shot... PAFFO, Stores O, and Gunnery Course O...

Quote Originally Posted by quadrapiper View Post
    Same here.

Anyway, unless the MRO announcement changes the positions, thinking of A/Boats, Gunnery III Div O, and PCT (not parade) Deck O.

Could always try for the long-shot... PAFFO, Stores O, and Gunnery Course O...
    Are you planning on taking Tender Charge?

That is a requirement for PCT DeckO.

Are you planning on taking Tender Charge?

That is a requirement for PCT DeckO.
    Oh?

PM inbound.

Thought Stores O was a year round contract position....I don't think Capt Maude retires this year either..
    Caroline A. Howard
    Lt(N) cd1 MSA

Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    Thought Stores O was a year round contract position....I don't think Capt Maude retires this year either..
    Oh? Is it next year? And I certainly wouldn't mind an all-year gig, either!

I'm going to be the XO.
    Captain MK Wilson, RSW
    gsm