+ Reply to Thread

Supporting Our Troops and Showing a Little Pride

For the past two years, Cadet-World has been promoting and facilitating a letter writing campaign to deployed sailors, soldiers and airmen. During this time, it is estimated that some 500 deployed Canadian Forces personnel have received some form of mail from Cadet-World members. The summer of 2009 saw the delivery of a very important piece of mail.

The management, staff and members of Cadet-World sent a newly unveiled Cadet Instructors Cadre branch flag and CIC Centennial baseball caps to two CIC officers currently working in Afghanistan. Captain Roy Harten and Lieutenant Chris Walker were employed by CANCAP, as civilians, at Kandahar Air Field during the beginning of the CIC Centennial celebrations.

They are shown together, in the picture below, in front of the Task Force Afghanistan sign.

Be proud to be CIC where ever you may be!

Very interesting indeed, so your Officer Cadre is actually Canadian Forces, like they have to do Service?

BZ Guys, be proud to be part of anything related to the services!
    Petty Officer(SCC) James COPELAND
    Warsash Sea Cadets | UK Sea Cadet Corps
    Assistant Area Staff Officer (Communication & Information Systems) (Southern Area)

British Forum Moderator | Adult Staff

Good job! Nice to see Chris shaved his beard. I will have to tell him that!
    Lt(N) Nathan T. Brown, Sr. (Ret'd)
    gsm5cd para
    armycsm1

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Very interesting indeed, so your Officer Cadre is actually Canadian Forces, like they have to do Service?
    Cadet Instructors Cadre officers are members of the Canadian Forces Reserves. The CIC have been members of the Reserves since 1909. They are commissioned officers and have the same rights and privileges as Canadian Forces officers of the Regular Force.

History of the CIC.

The CIC is part of a sub-component of the Reserves (COATS) which is not deployable and its sole purpose is to support the Canadian Cadet Organizations.

Several CIC officers have taken leave of absences from their military and civilian lives to work for civilian companies contracted in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rwgill View Post
    Cadet Instructors Cadre officers are members of the Canadian Forces Reserves. The CIC have been members of the Reserves since 1909. They are commissioned officers and have the same rights and privileges as Canadian Forces officers of the Regular Force.

History of the CIC.

The CIC is part of a sub-component of the Reserves (COATS) which is not deployable and its sole purpose is to support the Canadian Cadet Organizations.

Several CIC officers have taken leave of absences from their military and civilian lives to work for civilian companies contracted in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
    I knew most of that, I thought they were on 'deployment' and thought I had a gap in my knowledge.

Have pride in yourselves and your organisations!

BZ
    Petty Officer(SCC) James COPELAND
    Warsash Sea Cadets | UK Sea Cadet Corps
    Assistant Area Staff Officer (Communication & Information Systems) (Southern Area)

British Forum Moderator | Adult Staff

Sea BZ to those who support our troops overseas

All, first and foremost I apologize for the lack of frequent visits to the Cadet World site, very difficult sometimes when balancing a full time career in the Canadian Armed Forces, family life, and ongoing deployments/training which has been my main focus for a very long time.
    That said, I stumbled upon this older post and wanted to thank all those who have supported and encouraged others to support our troops currently serving in overseas operations.
    This ongoing support is certainly one of the things that really helps our deployed members stay connected with family and friends back in Canada. I recall receiving a letter from Gladys (sadly passed away recently) who spent her final years writing thousands of letters to deployed troops. Her letter was very inspiring! I wanted to mention that as sometimes you wonder if your letter made it to a serving person overseas and the answer is a big YES!
    Keep up the great work and please continue to support our troops.
    Thank you,
    CPO1 Steve Wist
    Director Naval Logistics
    Royal Canadian Navy
    CPO1 Steve Wist - Royal Canadian Navy
    swasm
    gcs2cpsmUNMIS
    natofyqdjmcd1
    rclcmescsm