+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41
    thepriceisright is on a distinguished road thepriceisright's Avatar
    Join Date
    2007
    Location
    Langham, SK, Canada
    Posts
    846
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by J-P Johnson View Post
    Not condoning it or anything but there's a reason why our pockets were once nicknamed "air force gloves".
    i never heard of that before

    Quote Originally Posted by Bando Commando View Post
    There should be a new tradition.

    All National level courses have their arm/hand/head/butt/finger dances all they want.

    All cadets who perform said actions in uniform on my parade square shall be beaten half to death with a tuna fish.

    The parade square is not the place for silly traditions and course rituals. It is a place for drill. And I guarantee you won't find a "power stance" in the drill manual.

    Traditionally, crossing of the arms was a sign of mutiny. Thats not something you want on the deck. Your CO might not be too impressed. lol
    yes, thats correct, but i disagree with the tuna fish part haha i would never do anything thats not in the drill manual on parade if i could help it. as i previously said, i only wanted to know these for curiosity sake.
    OCdt Petten
    702 Lynx RCAirCS


  2. #42
    Of course. Cats fall prey to curiosity quite often.

    But as for the rituals, time and place.

    I know every senior/National course has a dance of some variety. lol
    Doug "The Dougler" Campbell scsm
    Lieutenant Commander (NL)
    Divisional Staff Officer - Jefferies Squadron (West)
    Man this place needs Slinkies.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by J-P Johnson View Post
    Not condoning it or anything but there's a reason why our pockets were once nicknamed "air force gloves".
    Kudos~

    ~T.P~
    gliderwings F/Sgt. Ardila powerwings
    Lancaster Flight Commander
    Canadian Junior Soaring Team Pilot
    Basic 2K4, ITAC 2K5, IACE 2K6, Oshkosh 2K7, Glider (CRGS) 2K8, Power (DFC) 2K9

  4. #44
    So I have only gone to SIC, however I do believe that the list of hand/arm position traditions is as follows...
    SIC-> arms crossed
    SLC-> Superman/Hero pose
    AIC-> hands behind head
    GPS-> thumbs in pockets
    PPS-> hands in pockets

    Obviously these are just CAMP traditions, but they are traditions nonetheless. I personally think that they are all rather degrading in uniform however, and should really only be used when at summer camp. Especially SIC because the crossing arms just destroys your shirt -__-; and AIC kills your ducktales... just sayin ;)
    FSgt RHH (Former)
    ≈583 Coronation RCACS≈
    bc rclcme ns

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by thepriceisright View Post
    yes, thats correct, but i disagree with the tuna fish part haha
    I'm pretty sure that one's described under "ceremonial fish drill" right after the section about wearing full ceremonial armour and carrying a rubber chicken.
    2Lt McInnes, Admin O
    2834 RCACC (Artillery)
    Yorkton, SK, Canada

  6. The Following User Likes This Post By Jabrwock :


  7. #46
    thepriceisright is on a distinguished road thepriceisright's Avatar
    Join Date
    2007
    Location
    Langham, SK, Canada
    Posts
    846
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabrwock View Post
    I'm pretty sure that one's described under "ceremonial fish drill" right after the section about wearing full ceremonial armour and carrying a rubber chicken.
    i must have missed that haha
    OCdt Petten
    702 Lynx RCAirCS


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts