+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    cancadet is on a distinguished road cancadet's Avatar
    1 Stereotype I recall was the food at Blackdown. Many of my friends (Who are former cadets) all claim the food a Blackdown is borderline vomit. Well, to my surprise the food was decent. Heck they served my favorite dish (Pork Tenderloin with carrots and potatoes). The Ice tea was Nestea and the Apple Juice was minute maid. The cereal was Frosted Flakes and the salad bar was decent. If you consider everything I just wrote disgusting, you haven't been to camp and you are a liar!

AdventBlade is on a distinguished road AdventBlade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cancadet View Post
    1 Stereotype I recall was the food at Blackdown. Many of my friends (Who are former cadets) all claim the food a Blackdown is borderline vomit. Well, to my surprise the food was decent. Heck they served my favorite dish (Pork Tenderloin with carrots and potatoes). The Ice tea was Nestea and the Apple Juice was minute maid. The cereal was Frosted Flakes and the salad bar was decent. If you consider everything I just wrote disgusting, you haven't been to camp and you are a liar!
    To each their own. Personally, food is fuel for me. I'll eat and be thankful that I've eaten. There are choices that each mess will give and it's up to each cadet to choose something to their liking. If they don't like it, well, maybe it was the wrong choice for the day. Move on and hope for something better the next day.

Of course, most cadets do prefer a nice homecooked meal. You most likely won't get that at a facility serving over 1000 meals per day.
    J Lau
    CV
    166 Bulldog Squadron
    aircsm

cancadet is on a distinguished road cancadet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdventBlade View Post
    To each their own. Personally, food is fuel for me. I'll eat and be thankful that I've eaten. There are choices that each mess will give and it's up to each cadet to choose something to their liking. If they don't like it, well, maybe it was the wrong choice for the day. Move on and hope for something better the next day.

Of course, most cadets do prefer a nice homecooked meal. You most likely won't get that at a facility serving over 1000 meals per day.
    Don't get me wrong, everyone loves mom's (Or in some cases dad's) home cooked meals, but in in that situation (Serving 1000 meals) you gotta admit the food is decent, mind you is does depend who you are talking to

Kimmie is on a distinguished road Kimmie's Avatar
    There are tons of cadet stereotypes, but most notable one for me would be that in Drill and Ceremonial courses, all you do is dusting and cleaning (hence, the term D&C, little play on the words).
    Being a qualified drill instructor who actually passed Drill and Ceremonial course, I know that this ain't really the case. Although dust and clean regularly
    Master Warrant Officer Kim
    armycsm1rclcmelsm
    Drill Sergeant Major
    337 Queen's York Rangers RCACC (Toronto, Ontario)
    "Water Cures Everything" - Blackdown Idiom