+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jjhp is on a distinguished road jjhp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeForan View Post
    One could argue there is a third part to Drill Commands... The standard pause between the cautionary and executive is nothing short of intergal in the command as a whole but, unless I am gravely mistake, is not in either of the two afore mentioned parts. Clarification/downright berating on this would be appriciated. Perhaps you were thinking Cautionary, Standard Pause, Exectuive?
    There is no "Standard Pause". It only suggests the pauses should be 2 paces, if not as consistant as possible but it clearly states there are only 2 parts to a command: Cautionary and Executive.
    Jack Park rclcmeaircsm
    Warrant Officer 2nd Class
    Squadron Deputy Commander
    SB08 - HB09 - Staff09 - HB10 - IACE Australia 10
    583 Coronation RCAirCS canada

Quote Originally Posted by jjhp View Post
    There is no "Standard Pause". It only suggests the pauses should be 2 paces, if not as consistant as possible but it clearly states there are only 2 parts to a command: Cautionary and Executive.
    Are you saying there's no standerd pause at all or just within the elements of a drill command? I know that the Cautionary and Executive are the only two parts of a Drill Command, I was simply suggesting some could claim there is a third part.
    Nicholas Foran
    Captain

Are you saying there's no standerd pause at all
    Given some of the turns at the halt I've seen.....
    S. Bedford
    cd1 armycsm2

dhillon will become famous soon enough dhillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black hat View Post
    I'm afraid to have my sister enroll in Cadets now that she is 12. I have taught her the proper way to execute all these drill commands straight from CFP 201. Now I'm worried the system will ruin all the proper teaching and substitute it for ridiculousness like no pause in turns at the halt. I've seen waaaaaaaaaay too many units teach turning and do it without any pause whatsoever... much less 2 paces!!!

Capt B. S. (Bob) Dhillon
    Trg O - 2884 RCACC
    Former DCO of 105 RCACC

Quote Originally Posted by Black hat View Post
    Zing! I don't think there's enough lol's or roflmao's in the world to allow me to describe, over a forum, how drole that is. Then we realize how true it is and can only feel deep shame...
    Nicholas Foran
    Captain

Zing! I don't think there's enough lol's or roflmao's in the world to allow me to describe, over a forum, how drole that is. Then we realize how true it is and can only feel deep shame...
    Mr. Foran, you know my thoughts on internet slang. You also know what you should be doing right now to make up for it.
    M.G. Williams

Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Williams View Post
    Mr. Foran, you know my thoughts on internet slang. You also know what you should be doing right now to make up for it.
    lol, 2lt Williams, you are one of the absolute most perfect people to be reading that post by WO Foran. Reading the post I am quoting, I also realize and find humor in the fact that in the smile you used the abreaviation used to make that smile is lol. In my weird sense of humor I find that very smile worthy.
    Captain Travis Buckle canada

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Buckle View Post
    Reading the post I am quoting, I also realize and find humor in the fact that in the smile you used the abreaviation used to make that smile is lol. In my weird sense of humor I find that very smile worthy.
    Hmmm...I never thought of that. Unacceptable!
    M.G. Williams

Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle is a glorious beacon of light Travis Buckle's Avatar
    Which is unacceptable? The fact you never thought of it or your intense dislike of internet slang?

Then again, both are pretty unacceptable :P
    Captain Travis Buckle canada

Quote Originally Posted by M.Williams View Post
    *Hangs head in deep shame and thinks about what he's done*
    Nicholas Foran
    Captain

jjhp is on a distinguished road jjhp's Avatar
    Are you saying there's no standerd pause at all or just within the elements of a drill command? I know that the Cautionary and Executive are the only two parts of a Drill Command, I was simply suggesting some could claim there is a third part.
    Within the elements of a drill command. But then again, define "pause" in terms of time. Very debatable yet not going to get into it.
    Jack Park rclcmeaircsm
    Warrant Officer 2nd Class
    Squadron Deputy Commander
    SB08 - HB09 - Staff09 - HB10 - IACE Australia 10
    583 Coronation RCAirCS canada

quadrapiper is on a distinguished road quadrapiper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhp View Post
    Within the elements of a drill command. But then again, define "pause" in terms of time. Very debatable yet not going to get into it.
    For 99.99% of drill (I assumed there's an exception for something), any pause will be one second: two beats (2-3 for the purposes of counting time for practice) of 120 bpm time.

The only place pauses might come into commands is as a courtesy if one is putting a division through its paces, and running one command after another - giving a second (so two paces) of recovery from completion of one move and the commencement of another is just good practice. And might be in the 201, but I'm not sure.