+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisvalentine View Post
    I know quitting is pretty drastic but it seems I get screwed over alot even in my own squadron so I just want to take like a 2 month break to get away from the drama that comes around in my small squadron of 40 cadets when only like 25 show up every week.

The thing is I've been a cadet since Fruary 2008 but they wouldn't let me fill out paperwork in a little late for summer camps ( I joined February 6th ) so It's been two and a half years, I'm a brand new sgt as of last night (yay me ) and I've only been to GT it looks really bad for me you know?

Gt was my alternative:P haha I was offered ITPERTC but my CO gave me the night to think about it and I had to make my mind up that night since it was in June and obviouly I wanted to consolt with my mother so I didn't go. I barely got picked up for GT

Sorry for so many quotes this is indeed the last one but I take ground school an the boy that I was in a relationship with for 8 months had taken AOC the previous summer and was telling me how much it helped him with understanding the information being taught so much better and I was so excited we sat together and perfected me narrative and we did 4 hr interview practices for me and it seems I did so much work and now it's gone. I understand ITAC is a privledge to be on since I've only taken GT but it's just hard for me because I was the only cadet from my squadron who applied for a national and wasn't accepted.
    Y'know what? I am going to ask you drop this now. You have had the opportunity to vent your frustrations and disappointment and you have been given some good advice. You are now coming perilously close to airing squadron dirty laundry and that is against the rules.

I will leave you with one fact.

There are approx 56,000 Air, Army and Sea Cadets in Canada.
    There are approx 23,000 available summer training billets.

If I were you I would take what's offered and make the most of it

Banning IP Addresses - one spammer at a time

Penhold is a fantastic camp for music. I have been to three camps for music and as far as i've seen it delivers the best instruction musically.

You will have a blast being a part of the band. It will be a different experience but since you already know the environment you will enjoy it just as much as the being in ACTW.

And whats even better is you may have the opportunity to work with other elements. Since music is a general skill that all three elements can learn, they do slot other elements if they wish to attend. for example many of the officers in music are Navy so you will deffinately get to work with us.

NCdt J. TALLMANN
    113 ATHABASKAN
    PACSTC 2009
    CLACSTC 2008
    HMCS Quadra 2006 & 2007

Air

Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    Just curious,

How old are you? Do you have a music proficiency level already?
    im 15 but i started cadets when i was 12. my first camp was basic 07/02 that summer, then it was itlc08/02, and last summer it was itic09/01.i have been a musician for a while but just started it with cadets and switched instruments not to long ago. i do do not have any level yet but a good understanding of music and theory.i have three summer in cadets after this year.
    Flight Corporal Erickson J
    220 RCACS
    CANADA
    I AM VERY VERY PROUD TO BE A AIR CADET

Air ITAC/BAC TACSTC Intake 2?

Who's going or can anyone tell me what BAC is all about? I leave July 26th and I'm not really interested because I don't have any idea of what i'm doing! someone help please nobody else from my squadron is selected for this summer at BAC.
    SGT Wintemute
    GT 2k9-Wintermonkey
    BAC 2k10- Problematic Gimp
    337 Allan Troup

bandie2K9-? is on a distinguished road bandie2K9-?'s Avatar
    i am not too sure what the whole BAC is about but i think its almost like itac because its basic aviation, so probably the same and into to aviaton. but maybe more simplified because now there is an advanced aviation. im too too sure. i am just guessing
    Kassandra Lowe
    296 Cambridge Air Cadets
    2008-Basic (trenton)
    2009-Basic Pipes and Drums (blackdown)

band/range/drill/sports <3

UGH I pray it's not simplified haha! I'm the only Sgt going on a "basic" course. realllly sucks maybe i'll get off stand-by for AATC-AOC<333333333333333
    SGT Wintemute
    GT 2k9-Wintermonkey
    337 Allan Troup

i believe two cadets from ym squadron are in basic band intake two this summer at TACSTC
    SGT Wintemute
    GT 2k9-Wintermonkey
    337 Allan Troup

I go doing ITAC/BAC at Bagotville 4 jully at the 24 jully ...

UGH I pray it's not simplified haha! I'm the only Sgt going on a "basic" course. realllly sucks maybe i'll get off stand-by for AATC-AOC<333333333333333
    I wouldn't worry too much about it...im fairly sure you wont be the only Sgt there, I havent personally taken the course but In cold lake there were Sgts on the ITSTC course and it's considered a basic course as well. From what I've heard of BAC/Itac its a mix of ground school and some hands on stuff like making flying models, possibly a few fam flights If I remember correctly . Everyone I've talked to who's taken it had an awesome time

Any one headed to Alberthead this year?
    204 rocks!

Don't worry, I was a FSgt on ITIC !
    Last edited by luvin-cadets; 1st June 2010 at 18:36. Reason: got rid of a random smiley
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

CW Member of the Year - 2009 Andy is on a distinguished road Andy's Avatar
    UGH I pray it's not simplified haha! I'm the only Sgt going on a "basic" course.
    Then be an inspirational beacon of excellence for your fellow cadets who aren't as accomplished as you.
    CV Anders Lau
    759 Falcon RCACS

13. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Andy :

Thanks for all your help! Haha I've had much hesitation for going. Last year I was a Cpl on GT and now a SGT on ITAC
    So I feel sorta weird but I had 3 other cpl's on GT with me in my flight and they are still my best friends! One might actually be going to ITAC with me on the same intake which will make my experience so much better! Any other feedback is MUCH appreciated!
    SGT Wintemute
    GT 2k9-Wintermonkey
    337 Allan Troup

Smile Aircraft Maintenance Canadore College, North Bay

Hi I'm going to take this national summer camp course this summer and I want to know what to expect, or have a general idea of what the course is going to be like or what Canadore College is like. So if anyone has either staffed or have taken this course at Canadore College knows anything about ie: what we do, what an average day would be like, it would be great if you can tell me anything about this course. Any information about the course is welcome! Any past experience is even more welcome! Thanks!

I'm going there this summer for airport operations, but i've never been there so I don't really know either.
    FSgt. Elizabeth Connors
    29 Sydney Kiwanis RCACS
    aircsm

Although I have not been there, and I have not taken the course, I guarantee you will have a great time!!!

The course is what you make of it!!

Have a great summer

ZAHRAM1 is on a distinguished road ZAHRAM1's Avatar
    I just got accepted for GTSC at CFB Trenton August 2-13!
    Sgt Zahra M
    296 City of Cambridge RC(Air)CS

DA Wright is on a distinguished road DA Wright's Avatar
    Thanks for all your help! Haha I've had much hesitation for going. Last year I was a Cpl on GT and now a SGT on ITAC
    So I feel sorta weird but I had 3 other cpl's on GT with me in my flight and they are still my best friends! One might actually be going to ITAC with me on the same intake which will make my experience so much better! Any other feedback is MUCH appreciated!
    ITAC is now BAC...Basic Aviation Course!
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central
    Do, or do not, there is no try -Yoda

colford.R is on a distinguished road colford.R's Avatar
    I'm not used to these new acronyms at all. Or the new course names.. I think i'll always call it "ITLC" or "ITAC" by force of habit .. I swear they do it to mess with our minds XD
    My course's acronym hasn't changed though, so it's all good