+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 119
  1. #81
    g.needham is on a distinguished road g.needham's Avatar
    Join Date
    2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    31
    Gender
    been accepted for Band I-V at penhold on standby for AO and AM
    WOII NEEDHAM
    504 BLATCHFORD FIELD RCACS
    Overlord of everything. DoM
    *CERTI PROVEHENDI*
    canadaabaircsm1scotlandrcairc

  2. #82
    DrillGOD822 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    2009
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    857
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    13

    2 Sgts (FSgts by June)from 822

    ~S.L.C. DRILL GODS~
    yeah...a friend and I got accepted to S.L.C. this year 2k10!!

    I can't wait!

  3. #83
    Survival Instructor in Coldlake!
    July 12th - August 20
    Basic:06 ITLC:07 PERT:08 AI:09 SI:10 CL Staff:11
    Pain is Temporary, but Pride is Forever-AI09
    To Train the Few to Teach the Rest, Survival Leads the Way-SI10

  4. #84

    St. Jean, Qubec

    Can anybody give me some info on the Aerospace camp there? Im going and I would like to know about it and peoples experiences there!

  5. #85
    When should one begin worrying about having heard nothing about courses requested and staff positions requested?
    Cadets Canada - taking good young men/women and making them outstanding.

  6. #86
    So my CO took me off Stand-by for AOC and put me on the selected list for ITAC.. lovely. without my permission
    tacstc here I come.. again
    SGT Wintemute
    GT 2k9-Wintermonkey
    BAC 2k10- Problematic Gimp
    337 Allan Troup

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisvalentine View Post
    So my CO took me off Stand-by for AOC and put me on the selected list for ITAC.. lovely. without my permission
    tacstc here I come.. again
    Don't worry, you will still have a good time!
    CI M. Kelly
    Greater Toronto Gliding Centre

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisvalentine View Post
    So my CO took me off Stand-by for AOC and put me on the selected list for ITAC.. lovely. without my permission
    tacstc here I come.. again

    Does that mean you are not on the list anymore? On the bright side, there is still a chance there someone on AO will get sick
    Basic 2k8 ITLC 2k9 AATC-AO 2k10 AATC 2k11

  9. #89

    Air basic band camp anyone? last in take 2010?

    i have been to penhold the last 3 years but this is my first band camp out there. although i have been there before i am a bit worried about being in a different wing and how things are runned. i play baritone and is really looking forward to going to band camp this summer(so is my schools band teacher exiced for me going)
    Flight Corporal Erickson J
    220 RCACS
    CANADA
    I AM VERY VERY PROUD TO BE A AIR CADET

  10. #90
    CW Chatter/SE Contributor of the Year - 2009 M. Arnott is on a distinguished road M. Arnott's Avatar
    Join Date
    2006
    Location
    Comox Valley, BC
    Posts
    7,539
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    8
    Keep in mind the new Basic Band Course is a brand new course. The MTW seems to be ran similar to how the ACTW is ran, but they parade as a wing on a weekly basis. As you have been to PACSTC, you know how things are done at the CSTC.
    SLt Morgan Arnott
    189 RCSCC PORT AUGUSTA

    Are you following CW on Twitter?

  11. #91
    CW Member of the Year - 2009 Andy is on a distinguished road Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    2005
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    10,683
    Gender
    There are weekly level tests.

    You get (almost) daily private lessons with a skilled instrument player and instructor and ample personal practice time. Try to use your time and opportunities to their fullest.

    Rest your chops before parades.

    Do your uniform and clean your room before going to canteen.

    Have fun.
    CV Anders Lau
    759 Falcon RCACS

  12. #92
    Just curious,

    How old are you? Do you have a music proficiency level already?
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

  13. #93
    Idk but I'm really upset they took me off. I've been working at this for 9 months and honestly it was the only reason I stayed around this year. Today's my annual review so I'm talking to them. I haven't even told my parents I got accepted. Mainly it's because I'm really dissapointed I couldn't get accepted to AOC
    Last edited by Juice; 29th May 2010 at 04:42. Reason: Stars = words not allowed.
    SGT Wintemute
    GT 2k9-Wintermonkey
    BAC 2k10- Problematic Gimp
    337 Allan Troup

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisvalentine View Post
    Idk but I'm really upset they took me off. I've been working at this for 9 months and honestly it was the only reason I stayed around this year. Today's my annual review so I'm talking to them. I haven't even told my parents I got accepted. Mainly it's because I'm really dissapointed I couldn't get accepted to AOC
    well, no offence, but you just took GT last summer, that's quite a jump from a 2 week course to a 6 week course in only one year... as well as GT to AOC, huge jump.

    I have a friend who has been selected and he is done his 4th year and has completed 3 courses...

    Again, no offence intended, just saying, it's a pretty big jump.

    If you do ITAC, that's still a great course, and it could help out next year if you still wish to apply and attend AOC.
    Last edited by Juice; 29th May 2010 at 04:54. Reason: Removed naughty stars out of quote.
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

  15. #95
    haha I know it's the fact that I've been in cadets for 2.5 years and I'm going to be a sgt in about 11 hrs and honestly AOC was my stepping stone for glider, power, iace. Like I had everything mapped out and now this just ruined it. I am pretty sure I'm just going to quit but idk yet. About 5 or 6 sgt's, fsgts, and fcpls are quitting. And that's a big deal considering we have 1 fsgt, 4sgt, 3cfpl.
    SGT Wintemute
    GT 2k9-Wintermonkey
    BAC 2k10- Problematic Gimp
    337 Allan Troup

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisvalentine View Post
    Idk but I'm really upset they took me off. I've been working at this for 9 months and honestly it was the only reason I stayed around this year. Today's my annual review so I'm talking to them. I haven't even told my parents I got accepted. Mainly it's because I'm really dissapointed I couldn't get accepted to AOC
    Sometimes you just have to take the cards you are dealt. There are SO many cadets who apply and don't get accepted for anything, so you should be thankful that your CO was kind enough to get you moved from a stand-by list to being actually accepted on a course. Now you are able to go away for the summer, instead of sitting around at home.

    But hey, if you are that upset about the selection, you can always say no and stay at home anyway. But I wouldn't expect to be very high on the priority list in future years for summer training, and I wouldn't expect your CO to fight for you like he/she did this year.

    Besides, is AOC a requirement for GPS or PPS? Last time I looked, I didn't think so (although it might be one of those good things to have). Your path is only ruined if you think it is. There are many ways of getting to the same place - all you have to do is figure out how the path you will be on gets you there.

    Or you could quit over something like this. It would just prove that the money that it would cost to qualify you for GPS and/or PPS would be better spent on another cadet anyhow. Summer training isn't all about you, you know. It's about how you can use those skills to better yourself, your squadron, your community and the cadet program as a whole.

    My two pence, for what it's worth.

    JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisvalentine View Post
    haha I know it's the fact that I've been in cadets for 2.5 years and I'm going to be a sgt in about 11 hrs and honestly AOC was my stepping stone for glider, power, iace. Like I had everything mapped out and now this just ruined it. I am pretty sure I'm just going to quit but idk yet. About 5 or 6 sgt's, fsgts, and fcpls are quitting. And that's a big deal considering we have 1 fsgt, 4sgt, 3cfpl.
    I agree with everyone else. Be glad that your CO fought to get you onto something. I applied for 3 staff positions and didn't get any, I also have previously turned down A LOT of good opportunities for this summer outside cadets because my CO, officers and other cadets all said based on my record I'd most likely get staff. Now it's almost June, I don't' have a job for the summer, and no camp to go to. Your not the only one who was disappointed by course selections.

    You just gotta look at the silver lining, ITAC is actually just as good a stepping stone for GPS/PPS, you'll be fine as far as that goes. I don't really see a reason for you to quit though, if you quit then your just throwing the rest of your "map" out the window, where else will you get the chance to get your glider and power license and no cost to you? I'd think very carefully before you make any heat of the moment decisions about quitting. Just some things to think about though, in the end it's up to you.
    Capt Derrick McKee
    Commanding Officer
    875 Antigonish Lions RCACS

  18. #98
    I get that and what your saying but there's situations including relationships in cadets thgat have tarnished my record and now this person is currently on a course at TACSTC this summer and it's hard you know and idk if it's worth resetting my feelings just to have a stepping stone. Also I found out I'm still on the stand-by list for AOC and the selected list for ITAC. Btw it wasn't a "fight" to get me on ITAC. My DCO had told me when all lists came out even though ITAC was my second choice I was selected and still on stand-by. I guess there is a silver lining but I am seriously considering army cadets or just waiting six more months till I can join reserves.
    SGT Wintemute
    GT 2k9-Wintermonkey
    BAC 2k10- Problematic Gimp
    337 Allan Troup

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisvalentine View Post
    haha I know it's the fact that I've been in cadets for 2.5 years and I'm going to be a sgt in about 11 hrs and honestly AOC was my stepping stone for glider, power, iace. Like I had everything mapped out and now this just ruined it. I am pretty sure I'm just going to quit but idk yet. About 5 or 6 sgt's, fsgts, and fcpls are quitting. And that's a big deal considering we have 1 fsgt, 4sgt, 3cfpl.
    Alright, don't even consider quitting.
    Or even saying that.
    I have had my dissappointments with summer training, and I am not the one who complains about it.
    I stuck it out, and I was pretty dissappointed with what happened, but look, now, I'm still in cadets, even after my dissappointments.

    You should be happy you were accepted for ITAC the year following GT, most people I know didn't get onto ITAC until they were done their third (or fourth) year!

    I didn't complain about what happened in my situation last summer. I was very dissappointed, not going to lie, but I was offered an alternative, I took it, and still had a pretty great summer. I never gave up, I kept on trying, and I applied again this year. Remember - there is always next year and self study.

    AOC is not a "mandatory" course for Glider, Power, IACE, yes, they may be helpful, but do you want to know what else is helpful? Studying on your own time!!! You can get to the same level either way.

    Take ITAC with a positive attitude. If you go in with a lame, boring attitude, then the course will be lame, boring to you. Just enjoy it. Take a deep breathe in and let it go when you get there!

    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Sometimes you just have to take the cards you are dealt. There are SO many cadets who apply and don't get accepted for anything, so you should be thankful that your CO was kind enough to get you moved from a stand-by list to being actually accepted on a course. Now you are able to go away for the summer, instead of sitting around at home.

    But hey, if you are that upset about the selection, you can always say no and stay at home anyway. But I wouldn't expect to be very high on the priority list in future years for summer training, and I wouldn't expect your CO to fight for you like he/she did this year.

    Besides, is AOC a requirement for GPS or PPS? Last time I looked, I didn't think so (although it might be one of those good things to have). Your path is only ruined if you think it is. There are many ways of getting to the same place - all you have to do is figure out how the path you will be on gets you there.

    Or you could quit over something like this. It would just prove that the money that it would cost to qualify you for GPS and/or PPS would be better spent on another cadet anyhow. Summer training isn't all about you, you know. It's about how you can use those skills to better yourself, your squadron, your community and the cadet program as a whole.

    My two pence, for what it's worth.

    JB
    My thoughts exactly..
    Why give GPS or PPS to a Cadet who is going to quit a week after course?
    Aging out is a different situation, but quitting, just no.

    Quote Originally Posted by alexisvalentine View Post
    I get that and what your saying but there's situations including relationships in cadets thgat have tarnished my record and now this person is currently on a course at TACSTC this summer and it's hard you know and idk if it's worth resetting my feelings just to have a stepping stone. Also I found out I'm still on the stand-by list for AOC and the selected list for ITAC. Btw it wasn't a "fight" to get me on ITAC. My DCO had told me when all lists came out even though ITAC was my second choice I was selected and still on stand-by. I guess there is a silver lining but I am seriously considering army cadets or just waiting six more months till I can join reserves.
    Don't let those relationships that have been tarnished ruin it for you, go in with a positive attitude, ignore those people. Only talk to them in a professional manner. No one says you have to spend time with them at free time.



    Again,
    this is my two cents.
    I've had my dissappointments, I know how it feels!


    EDIT: Sorry for the rant, It's late!
    Last edited by luvin-cadets; 1st June 2010 at 14:48. Reason: spelling errors
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by luvin-cadets View Post
    Alright, don't even consider quitting.
    Or even saying that.
    I know quitting is pretty drastic but it seems I get screwed over alot even in my own squadron so I just want to take like a 2 month break to get away from the drama that comes around in my small squadron of 40 cadets when only like 25 show up every week.

    You should be happy you were accepted for ITAC the year following GT, most people I know didn't get onto ITAC until they were done their third (or fourth) year!
    The thing is I've been a cadet since Fruary 2008 but they wouldn't let me fill out paperwork in a little late for summer camps ( I joined February 6th ) so It's been two and a half years, I'm a brand new sgt as of last night (yay me ) and I've only been to GT it looks really bad for me you know?

    I didn't complain about what happened in my situation last summer. I was very dissappointed, not going to lie, but I was offered an alternative, I took it, and still had a pretty great summer. I never gave up, I kept on trying, and I applied again this year. Remember - there is always next year and self study.
    Gt was my alternative:P haha I was offered ITPERTC but my CO gave me the night to think about it and I had to make my mind up that night since it was in June and obviouly I wanted to consolt with my mother so I didn't go. I barely got picked up for GT

    AOC is not a "mandatory" course for Glider, Power, IACE, yes, they may be helpful, but do you want to know what else is helpful? Studying on yor own time!!! You can get to the same level either way.
    Sorry for so many quotes this is indeed the last one but I take ground school an the boy that I was in a relationship with for 8 months had taken AOC the previous summer and was telling me how much it helped him with understanding the information being taught so much better and I was so excited we sat together and perfected me narrative and we did 4 hr interview practices for me and it seems I did so much work and now it's gone. I understand ITAC is a privledge to be on since I've only taken GT but it's just hard for me because I was the only cadet from my squadron who applied for a national and wasn't accepted.
    SGT Wintemute
    GT 2k9-Wintermonkey
    BAC 2k10- Problematic Gimp
    337 Allan Troup

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts