+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 119
  1. #21
    Congrats everyone! I'm staffing at the music school in Quebec (ERCMS)

  2. #22
    Congrats all! I will staffing Basic Leadership Course (BLC) in Bagotville this summer.
    OCdt Rachel Schan
    Supply Officer
    Russell, Ontario
    5 Cyclone RCACS

  3. #23
    mandyl is on a distinguished road mandyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    2009
    Location
    Pointe-de-l'Église, NS
    Posts
    374
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    2
    congrats, congrats (:
    I found out Tuesday that I got Airport Operations
    WOII Maranda Legge aircsm
    507 F/L McLean RCACS
    Deputy Squadron Commander
    Aircraft Maintenance 2011 - Scorpion Flight ♥
    RIP Scorpion #8- Shane de Boer

  4. #24
    Great job everyone! I found out Tuesday as well that I will be off to RGS (Pra) for Glider. Can't wait!!
    2Lt Podkowka, Dylan
    Villeneuve Cadet Flying Site

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by euphman395 View Post
    Great job everyone! I found out Tuesday as well that I will be off to RGS (Pra) for Glider. Can't wait!!
    we will miss you on service band
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

  6. #26
    I got SLC!
    WOII Alexandria Richards
    Squadron Warrant Officer
    507 F/Lt. McLean RCAirCS
    rclcmeafacaircsm

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    we will miss you on service band
    Haha, thank you, Sir. I heard I'll be missing out on some good staff cadets and officers as well. Wish me luck on my Level 5 test on May 8 .
    2Lt Podkowka, Dylan
    Villeneuve Cadet Flying Site

  8. #28
    ii got staffor SIC at blackdown

  9. #29
    Seeing all this, I really want to wish you all good luck this summer at your respective CSTCs. However, that makes me ultra nervous. I haven't received anything yet. Generally when can I definitely say that I haven't been accepted?

  10. #30
    Lt Ferreira is on a distinguished road Lt Ferreira's Avatar
    Join Date
    2008
    Location
    Fort St John, BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,074
    Gender
    Only the national/senior courses have been announced. Therefore you will not see people posting that they are going to ITLC/ITIC Basic etc.. for a few weeks.
    Capt Drew Ferreira
    Commanding Officer
    258 "Little Giant" RCACS - Chetwynd, BC


  11. #31
    And I think central tends to be behind the times a little...
    Most likely because of the number of people that live in central...
    CI M. Kelly
    Greater Toronto Gliding Centre

  12. #32
    it's the same in alberta though, I think they just want to get us the scholarships results first because they know we're the ones pulling our hair out waiting :P then they worry about the rest and the juniors get their camps like late may or so

  13. #33
    FYI - air cadets don't go to camp. They go on course. That's why they changed the name from Camp to Summer Training Centre.

    The army has traditionally used the term "camp" (ie Camp Borden vs CFB Borden) but this is not an Air Force thing.
    gliderwingsJ-P Johnson cd1
    Barrie Ontario
    The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

  14. The Following User Likes This Post By J-P Johnson :


  15. #34
    ^ thanks, Ill remember that!

  16. #35
    So last night at m squadron my CO was adressing our parade and he began announcing summer courses. He stopped after reading off only junior courses (ITLC, ITSTc, BSF all those) and SIC. Which made me, and many other seniors worried. Seeing our expressions he then said "Now because WO Greniar is no longer in the ACO's Office as he is now in Afghanistan, things are going a bit slow for our results, so if you didn't hear your name, don't worry yet, I'm still expectign more results." Does anyoen have any feedback on this? This is my first year applying for staff and I'm gettin pretty nervous about whether I got it or not, if not I've gotta start looking for a summer job. Does anyone have any idea how long I should wait before assuming I haven't been accepted or how long it will take ot hear? Thanks
    Capt Derrick McKee
    Commanding Officer
    875 Antigonish Lions RCACS

  17. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by FerreiraD View Post
    Only the national/senior courses have been announced. Therefore you will not see people posting that they are going to ITLC/ITIC Basic etc.. for a few weeks.
    Oh no. I went took those courses last year. I was applying to AATO - AO, and AATO - AM...

    EDIT: haha... I don't believe they call those courses ITLC, ITIC, BASIC anymore. =) Smirk...

  18. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by AI09McKee View Post
    So last night at m squadron my CO was adressing our parade and he began announcing summer courses. He stopped after reading off only junior courses (ITLC, ITSTc, BSF all those) and SIC. Which made me, and many other seniors worried. Seeing our expressions he then said "Now because WO Greniar is no longer in the ACO's Office as he is now in Afghanistan, things are going a bit slow for our results, so if you didn't hear your name, don't worry yet, I'm still expectign more results." Does anyoen have any feedback on this? This is my first year applying for staff and I'm gettin pretty nervous about whether I got it or not, if not I've gotta start looking for a summer job. Does anyone have any idea how long I should wait before assuming I haven't been accepted or how long it will take ot hear? Thanks
    Staff is a completely different kettle of fish from course. I'm not sure how the system works in Atlantic, but just because course cadets are finding out doesn't mean you've been passed up.

    JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

  19. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Staff is a completely different kettle of fish from course. I'm not sure how the system works in Atlantic, but just because course cadets are finding out doesn't mean you've been passed up.

    JB
    *sigh of relief* Thank you Sir for letting me know that. I kinda passed up on a bunch of opportunities this summer already based on the assumption I'd get Staff, which in hindsight was kinda stupid.
    Capt Derrick McKee
    Commanding Officer
    875 Antigonish Lions RCACS

  20. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by AI09McKee View Post
    *sigh of relief* Thank you Sir for letting me know that. I kinda passed up on a bunch of opportunities this summer already based on the assumption I'd get Staff, which in hindsight was kinda stupid.
    Now don't take my words as any sort of guarantee that you will get picked up. I just don't think you're at any point where you should worry about whether or not you will get offered something.

    JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

  21. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by FerreiraD View Post
    Only the national/senior courses have been announced. Therefore you will not see people posting that they are going to ITLC/ITIC Basic etc.. for a few weeks.
    Not all national courses have been announced yet in Central. I know they are just reviewing applications now because I have been reached a couple times. (Well, my parents have been)
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts