+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I am speechless.....RIP Lyle....
    2Lt. George A. Kays, UE
    qdjmscm
    #745 RC(Air)CS TrgO
    Disciplina Gesta Auxilium

CW Chatter/SE Contributor of the Year - 2009 M. Arnott is on a distinguished road M. Arnott's Avatar
    I still don't want to believe it.

I sewed a piece of fabric from an old pair of combat pants(they were threadbare and way too small) in my wedge as a memorial to him. It's in my wedge beside Amanda's piece of fabric.
    SLt Morgan Arnott
    189 RCSCC PORT AUGUSTA

Are you following CW on Twitter?

I never got to meet Lyle but from from ive read and heard i would have loved to have met him. He was a big influence on one of my friends and by the looks of it to alot of people. Its sad to see such a good cadet go.

RIP Lyle You will be remembered

Burgoyne is on a distinguished road Burgoyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    Lyle James Robert Allsopp

(Sgt.Allsopp)

December 5th 1988- September 9th 2007

This is the hardest thing i have ever done in my life, Having to be the one to bear the worst news ever brought to me. Lyle had a Firearms accident which claimed his life yesterday which was a complete shock to everyone who has ever known him. His passion for survival, leadership, and comedy made him a great person to work with and be around. He wanted to return to cold lake as a CIC Officer and a RCMP Officer, its a real shame that he couldn't do either because he would have been the best.

Lyle you were my Best Friend and My Brother May You Rest In Peace

Kyle Backiney

R.I.P.....Wow.....What a way to go

I know how hard it is to lose someone...I lost my cousin Corporal. Aaron E. Williams on April 8th this year....Again R.I.P Lyle I never really knew you but I'm sure you were a good guy...
    Last edited by Burgoyne; 12th September 2007 at 09:38.
    R.I.P. Corporal. Aaron E. Williams. Hotel company 2nd Battalion The Royal Canadian Regiment. October 8th 1983 - April 8th 2007

Funniest Member - 2009 commando is on a distinguished road commando's Avatar
    the memorial service will be held this saturday at the middle school gym in canmore at 2pm
    K.A. Backiney
    Lieutenant

I'm so proud of you, you have come a long way.
    -Second Lieutenant Bhavendeep Dhillon

...and unfortunately I will not be able to attend
    Major R.D.S. Arguero cd2 gcs ssm russia/canada

Slushie is on a distinguished road Slushie's Avatar
    i'll be sure to hold a moment of silence for him next tuesday at my units drill. we're all cadets, and we've all lost one of our own.

HM3 Matthew T Slosman, AVT-USN
    "heart goes lub-dub, blood goes round and round, any veriation on this is an issue" - unknown

Barbie is on a distinguished road Barbie's Avatar
    The last post by Lyle Allsopp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Allsopp View Post
    He is correct. They are not authorized to wear a C class uniform.

I hope that you didnt see a civilian instructor wearing a C uniform. I hope to goodness you didnt. I hope you are talking about a CI wearing combats. They are allowed to wear combats and yes at CSTC's they are issued that for a uniform to wear.
    Rest in Peace, you'll be missed by all.
    Former PO2 Barbara Grawberger ♥
    "I never meant to break the rules, just what I was trying to express was beyond the circle."

CW Chatter/SE Contributor of the Year - 2009 M. Arnott is on a distinguished road M. Arnott's Avatar
    As much as I would like to take a whirlwind trip to Canmore to go the funeral, my mommy would never let me.
    SLt Morgan Arnott
    189 RCSCC PORT AUGUSTA

I am not sure what to say really. when I frist heard what happend it was hard to believe. When I got to meet Lyle Allsopp it was at SIC in 06. he was a grate person and I will never forget him. R.I.P. Lyle Allsopp
    F/Sgt.William Shaw
    222 RCACS ,Basic '04,Air crew '05,S.I.C. '06,Staff ITLC at Penthold '07
    Cold Lake Staff '08

Wow, I didnt know Lyle but my deepest sympathies go out to the family, friends and all the people who were close to him. However, it is very nice to see the entire cadet movement come together at such a tragic time to support those who have lost people they were close to.

R.I.P. Lyle Allsopp
    B. Gillespie
    Captain
    Commanding Officer
    515 North Atlantic RCACS

Halee is on a distinguished road Halee's Avatar
    Having suffered lots of deaths in the last few months (the most recent being my uncle's on Tuesday morning,) I can say that the one positive aspect of a death is that it always brings the living closer together. It really makes you stop and think, and to appreciate what you have..
    Halee Legge
    WO1 (Ret'd)
    507 - NS ns

Quote Originally Posted by Haley View Post
    Having suffered lots of deaths in the last few months (the most recent being my uncle's on Tuesday morning,) I can say that the one positive aspect of a death is that it always brings the living closer together. It really makes you stop and think, and to appreciate what you have..
    I have to agree with you on that
    Pte Dalley, Greg
    Argyll Sutherland Highlanders of Canada
    Hamilton, ON
    *crazy advizer to the great Diva's of the LNLC*

Megan is on a distinguished road Megan's Avatar
    I wish I could be in Canmore right now, so badly. </3
    CI Megan Stacey - Music - HMCS ONTARIO 2009
    She loves the sky, 'cause it validates her pride;
    Never lets her know when she is wrong.

I want to be in Canmore today. I could have been too if I wasn't broke and my mom let me.
    SLt Morgan Arnott
    189 RCSCC PORT AUGUSTA

I never met Lyle, but the news of this tragic event is shocking and I will be sure to recognize at least a moment of silence for him at our parade night on wednesday. My condolences to his family, friends, and acquaintances.

RIP Lyle Allsop
    Alex 'Hammer' Enns
    Civilian Instructor
    Supply Officer 858 RCACS
    powerwings

i went to canmore to the service and it was beautiful! There was an open mic at the end and people were invited to go up and share stories. There was also a cadet honour guard composing of cadets from Ly's squadron, it was really nice! Lyle would have loved it.
    scotlandSara Jeffersonlsmrclcmeaircsm
    2003Rifle Coach
    2004Survival Instructor/Instructeur en survie
    2005SLC
    2006SLC C1 F/Sgt

Quote Originally Posted by Haley View Post
    It is true, after the service a bunch of us, including Kyle Backiney, went out and celebrated Lyle's life, we had a good time, I think this has brought everyone closer, I think Lyle would have wanted it that way...

Quote Originally Posted by jefferson View Post
    i went to canmore to the service and it was beautiful! There was an open mic at the end and people were invited to go up and share stories. There was also a cadet honour guard composing of cadets from Ly's squadron, it was really nice! Lyle would have loved it.
    Sara you are right, the service was amazing.....
    2Lt. George A. Kays, UE
    qdjmscm
    #745 RC(Air)CS TrgO
    Disciplina Gesta Auxilium

Unhappy may he rip

I did not know Lyle but as part of the cadet family i feel your loss. i recenyly loss a friend witch was a cadet of mine. Anways remember lyle best as u can remember he is there in your heart. I like sen my sincere condolences from my corps, family and friends to his friends family and most of all his squadron.
    Last edited by Lt(N) Deck; 17th September 2007 at 11:22. Reason: spelling
    R.I.P OC Jillian Snair 1992-2007 you died too soon
    canadans
    NCdt Boutilier Andrewnlcae rclcme scsm
    NS DET holding list

EdT is on a distinguished road EdT's Avatar
    I have two sad announcements to make and since no one has posted anything about it I will try to let everyone here on CW know who might have known these individuals:

1 September 2007
    Andrew Hummel 22 - Ex cadet and CI 1 West Montreal Squadron
    Tragically in a horrible fire along with 4 friends: http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...f-f92173b2182c
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6947755358

18 September 2007
    Yannick Nordengen 20 - Ex cadet 588 Bombardier Aerospace Squadron
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18324525744
    Capt. E. Tow cd
    PER ARDUA AD ASTRA "Through Adversity to The Stars"