+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Well, I heard the news a fair bit earlier today, but i found myself asking if this really is and everything that happenned true or just some incredibly sick joke. I can and hopefully will never figure out why people are capably of doing some of the things they can do. Peoples beleifs and values aside, life and death are a fact of life, that will eventually happen to everyone anyways and its only best to learn from it. My condolences go out to everyone that has had the opportunity to have met and gotten to know him, including Lyle's family...

Ill never forget the never ending list of the times we had and things that we did, and ill always remember.

RIP Bro
    TIWANA, A

Sgt.Allsop

Always sad when someone so young passes away. My condolences to his family, friends, members of his Cadet unit and all who knew him.

KD
    Kevin C. Deck cd1
    Lt(N)
    RCSCC GRILSE canada bc
    Past CO - RCSCC MEDICINE HAT, RCSCC BICKNELL, RCSCC GRILSE

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    Lyle James Robert Allsopp

(Sgt.Allsopp)

December 5th 1988- September 9th 2007

This is the hardest thing i have ever done in my life, Having to be the one to bear the worst news ever brought to me. Lyle had a Firearms accident which claimed his life yesterday which was a complete shock to everyone who has ever known him. His passion for survival, leadership, and comedy made him a great person to work with and be around. He wanted to return to cold lake as a CIC Officer and a RCMP Officer, its a real shame that he couldn't do either because he would have been the best.

Lyle you were my Best Friend and My Brother May You Rest In Peace

Kyle Backiney
    It is sad to hear such young people die, they never get a chance to live life to the fullest, my nephew found out in Science 10 on 10 Sept. '07; I also trained him in Cold Lake and several other places, and for Lyle Allsopp: everyday he lived to his fullest extent. He was humourous when we all needed it, Lyle had a good heart and was there for those that needed help or just wanted their day brightened. He sure changed a whole lot from the last time I talked with him a few years back and the time I talked to him just merely days before his death, good on him; if only there was more I could/could have done to make myself feel better from this. Even if an officer like myself shouldn't get to involved with a cadet, but this is a very difficult time for as I personally had worked with Mr. Allsopp in his previous years.

Rest In Peace, Lyle Allsopp... may your great heart and soul carry on with the rest of us.

Senior Safety and Training Advisor
    Majojr R.D.S. Arguero
    1 CMBG - Edmonton
    Major R.D.S. Arguero cd2 gcs ssm russia/canada

RIP Lyle, you always cheered me up when i was down at camp, even when i was in pain with little jokes and when we were all sad about going home, and you were takin pictures, you made everyone laugh with things like 3,2,1 camera go click and random little sayings. RIP bud, you were a great person, and i feel priveliged to know you
    RIP Amanda RIP Lyle

Lyall243 is on a distinguished road Lyall243's Avatar
    Lyle was an amazing individual who to me stood out for his sense of humor and fun-loving personality; his passion for the CCM and it's people always an inspiration to me. He was a pleasure to have known, and will be deeply missed by many. My condolences to his family and friends. His contribution to the lives of many won't be forgotten.

Thanks man. You were, as it's been put, "Epic." May you rest in peace.
    CI S. Lyall gliderwings powerwings lsm
    Regional Cadet Air Operations (Pacific)
    Formerly FSgt 243 Ogopogo RCACS
    "That's how we roll!"
    Falcon Flight 2006 | Typhoon Flight 2007

I also had the priviledge of not only meeting Lyle, but also learning survival from him on SIC. He was a great instructor and an awesome person. My condolences to the Allsopps and my prayers are with you.
    Last edited by Lt(N) Deck; 11th September 2007 at 15:48.
    WO2 Burns aircsm
    861 Silverfox Squadron
    SIC 06 ITAC 07 SLC 08 CLACTSC STAFF 09
    WSNBM/ONBP

My sincere condolences to Lyle's family and friends.
    John Chapman
    Former
    Under Officer
    41 (City of Porirua) Squadron
    Air Training Corps
    +MY BAND+

Very sad news indeed.
    Caroline A. Howard
    Lt(N) cd1 MSA

Murrdawg is on a distinguished road Murrdawg's Avatar
    I think it hit me hardest in the second day than the first. I was fortunate to meet him while I was on OJT. My condolences to all.
    TACSTC 2K2, 2K3
    BCSTC (Blackdown) 2k4,2k5
    IACE Singapore 2K6
    IAP (reg force) 2K6
    BOTC (reg force) 2K7

Having had the pleasure of spending drabs of time here and there with the fine cadets and staff at 878 Squadron, I know how tightly-knit the Banff/Canmore cadet community is. I can only express my sympathy on the loss of a family member.

God speed, Lyle.

-R.
    Capt Rob Caswell powerwings
    Commanding Officer
    52 (City of Calgary) RCACS
    Per Scientiam Ad Astra
    How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you were?

My deepest condolences to the Allsopp family, and friends. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but, like what many others have said, he seemed like a really great person and he will be missed.

RIP Lyle
    Lieutenant J. Gillis
    529 ARMDALE KIWANIS RCACS

Murrdawg is on a distinguished road Murrdawg's Avatar
    Does anyone happen to know if his dad is a CIC officer?
    TACSTC 2K2, 2K3
    BCSTC (Blackdown) 2k4,2k5
    IACE Singapore 2K6
    IAP (reg force) 2K6
    BOTC (reg force) 2K7

CLACSTC Warrant Officers unite! Lyle, I guess there is no one to put me in my pokeball anymore : P... You rock man!

Nnnnnuuunnneeesssssyyyyyy (followed by crazy dance)

My deepest sympathy goes to his family and friends
    WO2 (Ret'd) JESSICA NUNES
    Cold Lake TC WO1 2007
    Cold Lake Music Sgt. 2006
    Senior Leaders 2005
    Service Band 2004

My condolences go out to his friends and family...
    I know personally that its very hard losing someone so close to you!
    Lt Pam Chapman
    2IC Training (and many other titles!)
    861 Silverfox Sqn

Barbie is on a distinguished road Barbie's Avatar
    Lyle Allsopp. I never got to meet him, and now I only wish I had. From what everyone has told me and what I have observed he has been a big influence on CW and the people around us. The world lost a gift, the cadet organization has losted one gifted cadet, but heaven has gained an angel. I don't think anything could of prepared us to let go.

RIP Lyle Allsopp.
    Last edited by Lt(N) Deck; 11th September 2007 at 15:48. Reason: typo
    Former PO2 Barbara Grawberger ♥
    "I never meant to break the rules, just what I was trying to express was beyond the circle."

Goodbye Allsopp, you were a good pal. Sad to see you go away.
    Pte(R) A. Ma, Seaforth Highlanders of Canada
    Ret. Flight Sergeant Ma of 878 Banff/Canmore RCACS
    2k8 Basic 2k9 ITLC 2k10 SLC 2k11 TCOPs FSgt CLCSTC
    aircsm

Air

I knew WO1 Allsop from S.I.C and he was an inspiration to all the Cadets in our flight ( Iroquios flight ) 2k7. He always knew what to say and when to say it. How to show great leadership and respect. He knew when and how to make people happy. Its a real shock to hear of this horrible accident. and I give out every teer in my body to the parents of WO1 Allsop. I belive that this story should go national so everyone who knew him and didnt know him could learn of him and honour him like we all did and do still, and I think a memorial should be made at Cold lake at the Survival Wing. because he really cared about all movements ongoing at the Survival camps. and also the Cadet program all together.

Warrent Officer Allsop I honor you and will miss you forever

General McCarthy of the Muskateers
    Last edited by Devon.Air The Ruler; 11th September 2007 at 18:01. Reason: it did not look the same as I wrote it.

goodbye my sweet darling! i don't know what to say or what to do, i can't eat or sleep and i just feel so sick! come back to me, i would give anything to go back a week! You will always have a special place in my heart lyle, no matter what! i feel like any minute now your going to show up at my door with 11 real roses & one fake one and same something silly! i will always love you lyle! Always! what over us from heaven my angel
    scotlandSara Jeffersonlsmrclcmeaircsm
    2003Rifle Coach
    2004Survival Instructor/Instructeur en survie
    2005SLC
    2006SLC C1 F/Sgt

Remembering Lyle Allsopp

Man I remember after the survival grad parade, Lyle and I were looking at the yearbook in HQ and he was ****** off that he didn't do a write up for the yearbook. He wanted so bad to tell the cadets everything he knew about leadership and survival. This just proves how much of a hard worker he was and how much he loved Cold Lake... he got a tattoo of the Axe and Hammer on his arm!
    During third or second week a spent a couple days downstairs in the field and we were talking about what we said in our Warrant Officer interviews and we both said that we wanted what was best for the cadets and the camp etc... And I think he has, thumbs up and a pat on the back for Lyle! It seems that the world has lost a great leader, however he will be in our hearts forever until we join him.

*To the CLACSTC staff cadets, remember how hilarious the dances were when Lyle sang Baby Got Back in his outragous outfits... BAHAHAHA! Those were the days... any other fun camp memories with him?*
    WO2 (Ret'd) JESSICA NUNES
    Cold Lake TC WO1 2007
    Cold Lake Music Sgt. 2006
    Senior Leaders 2005
    Service Band 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Murrdawg View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if his dad is a CIC officer?
    no his dad is not
    scotlandSara Jeffersonlsmrclcmeaircsm
    2003Rifle Coach
    2004Survival Instructor/Instructeur en survie
    2005SLC
    2006SLC C1 F/Sgt