+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Fair Winds and Following Seas - Godspeed Lloyd Bourinot

Lloyd Bourinot passed away this past weekend in Dartmouth at 76. He was the past CO of HMCS Acadia (1987 - 1991), husband to another past CO of HMSC Acadia, father of a CIC officer (among many other children) and proud supporter of the cadet program. Below is his obituary and a link to a memorial site.

Bourinot, Lloyd Marshall Bertram, 76 of Eastern Passage and formerly of Arichat, passed away February 25, 2012, surrounded by Family and Friends, at the Dartmouth General Hospital. Lloyd was the son of the
    late Marshall James and Ina Olive (Mauger) Bourinot. After attending Kings Edgehill Lloyd entered the Family printing business. In 1969, He commissioned with the Naval Reserve and subsequently transferred to the Cadet Organization where he attended HMCS ACADIA for many years, including several years as the Commanding Officer. His love of the Cadet Programme was immense. In his later career Lloyd worked for the Cornwallis Park Development Agency at the former CFB Cornwallis. Throughout his life Lloyd had a love of Music and Boats and Boating. His talent for entertaining and his passion for boating provided many
    grand times and a collection of fond memories and many friendships.
    Lloyd is survived by his wife, Marie (Arsenault), Eastern Passage; daughters; Janelle, Eastern Passage and Becky, Port Hawkesbury; son, David (Claudette), Poulamon; grandchildren, Adam, Jacob, Matthew, Meghan, David and Inez; great-granddaughter Thalia; sisters Marian Dickie and Laura Darrah (Warnoch); and brother, Cline (Margaret). He was predeceased by his sister, Muriel Peers. Cremation has taken place. Visitation will be held in the C. H. Boudreau Funeral Home, Arichat on Sunday March 11, 2012 from 9:30 - 10:45 am, followed by a Memorial Service from 11:00 - 11:45 with Mr. Marc Phillips officiating. Interment will be in St. John Anglican Church cemetery. Reception to follow at one o'clock in the Rocky Bay Community Hall, Rocky Bay.
    In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the LT(N) Allan Hicks Memorial Scholarship or HMCS ACADIA Alumni Scholarship or a charity of choice.

http://chboudreaufuneral.frontrunner...ItemId=1146682
    Last edited by CaptWhiteway; 28th February 2012 at 18:07.

TOBIO, Al
    Retired Captain - Canadian Army
    (RCL Branch 174, Arnprior)
    (KVA Unit 38, Petawawa/ Pembroke)
    Suddenly but peacefully at home on Tuesday morning, March 13th, 2012. Wilbert Alwin "Al" Tobio of Arnprior at the age of 81 years. Beloved husband of Janet (nee Felker). Dearly loved father of Christine Sabourin (Marc Charbonneau) of Winnipeg; Allan Tobio of Ottawa; David Tobio (Debbie) of Fredonia, New York and stepfather of Steven Kitson (Wendy) of Toronto and Jody Kitson-Roy (Emery Roy) of Cobden. Cherished and proud "Papa" of 11 grandchildren and 7 great- grandchildren. Dear brother of Gwen Waters of Toronto. Predeceased by 3 brothers: Edward, Leroy and Lionel Bradbury; 1 sister: Rose Climie and 1 step-brother, Joseph. Funeral arrangements to be completed by the Pilon Family Funeral Home & Chapel, 50 John Street North, Arnprior. Condolences/ Tributes/Donations
    www.pilonfamily.ca

More about Al here

Caledon Sea Cadet Killed by speeding car

I heard this on the news tonight...grade 8 student and, as the video reports, Sea Cadet Sarah HARDING was struck and killed by a speeding vehicle on Saturday night.

http://www.globaltoronto.com/video/t...p=2&s=dd#video

Deepest condolences to friends, family and shipmates of Cadet HARDING. Such a terrible, tragic loss. Fair winds, sailor. May you be at peace.

UPDATE: The cadet has been identified as Cadet Able Seaman Sarah Mae Christine HARDING of RCSCC CRESCENT.
    Last edited by Bando Commando; 20th March 2012 at 07:53.
    Doug "The Dougler" Campbell scsm
    Lieutenant Commander (NL)
    Divisional Staff Officer - Jefferies Squadron (West)
    Man this place needs Slinkies.

Unhappy Passing of CWO (Retd) John Harris Woodcock

It is with a heavy heart that I pass along the news to CW that CWO (Retd) John Harris Woodcock passed away on March 16th, 2012 after another bout with cancer.

Whether it was CWO Woodcock, Padre John, or Deacon Woodcock anyone Cadet or Staff member who has gone to CLACSTC, in the past 15 years or so, will have had an opportunity to meet this wonderful, caring man. My deepest condolences go out to his wife Stephanie and the rest of John's family. We have lost an amazing leader, mentor, and friend. I will miss him greatly. Godspeed my dear, dear friend.

The following is an excerpt for the Governor General's webpage, from when John received the Caring Canadian Award in 2003:

"Chief Warrant Officer (Retd) John Harris Woodcock, CD, Cold Lake, Alberta
    Governor General's Caring Canadian Award - 2003

For 34 years, John Woodcock has volunteered with the Boy Scouts as a trainer, as president of the Beaver Valley District and as area commissioner. Over the past 10 years, he has devoted thousands of hours to his community, to his church, to youth programs and to the Cadet movement, and he has chaired or assisted a number of related committees. A volunteer probation officer, he is also a fundraiser for the local victim services program operated by the RCMP. Many in his community have been touched by the deeds of this humanitarian, community advocate, coach, tutor, mentor and friend."

I have provided a link below of the funeral arrangements and book of memories.

Book of Memories - John Harris Woodcock
    2Lt. George A. Kays, UE
    qdjmscm
    #745 RC(Air)CS TrgO
    Disciplina Gesta Auxilium

CW Social Media Team Member 831RCACS is on a distinguished road 831RCACS's Avatar

Air

may all those who have passed away rest in peace

6. The Following User Likes This Post By 831RCACS :

Quote Originally Posted by Bando Commando View Post
    I heard this on the news tonight...grade 8 student and, as the video reports, Sea Cadet Sarah HARDING was struck and killed by a speeding vehicle on Saturday night.

http://www.globaltoronto.com/video/t...p=2&s=dd#video

Deepest condolences to friends, family and shipmates of Cadet HARDING. Such a terrible, tragic loss. Fair winds, sailor. May you be at peace.

UPDATE: The cadet has been identified as Cadet Able Seaman Sarah Mae Christine HARDING of RCSCC CRESCENT.
    It absolutely disgusts me whenever I hear that speeding was a factor in someones death, let alone a 13 year old.
    SLOW DOWN.
    My deepest thoughts and prayers go out to her family in their time of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    It is with a heavy heart that I pass along the news to CW that CWO (Retd) John Harris Woodcock passed away on March 16th, 2012 after another bout with cancer.

Whether it was CWO Woodcock, Padre John, or Deacon Woodcock anyone Cadet or Staff member who has gone to CLACSTC, in the past 15 years or so, will have had an opportunity to meet this wonderful, caring man. My deepest condolences go out to his wife Stephanie and the rest of John's family. We have lost an amazing leader, mentor, and friend. I will miss him greatly. Godspeed my dear, dear friend.

The following is an excerpt for the Governor General's webpage, from when John received the Caring Canadian Award in 2003:

"Chief Warrant Officer (Retd) John Harris Woodcock, CD, Cold Lake, Alberta
    Governor General's Caring Canadian Award - 2003

For 34 years, John Woodcock has volunteered with the Boy Scouts as a trainer, as president of the Beaver Valley District and as area commissioner. Over the past 10 years, he has devoted thousands of hours to his community, to his church, to youth programs and to the Cadet movement, and he has chaired or assisted a number of related committees. A volunteer probation officer, he is also a fundraiser for the local victim services program operated by the RCMP. Many in his community have been touched by the deeds of this humanitarian, community advocate, coach, tutor, mentor and friend."

I have provided a link below of the funeral arrangements and book of memories.

Book of Memories - John Harris Woodcock
    RIP CWO Woodcock, you will be missed deeply by many and especially those who you left an impact in their lives.

I remember CWO Woodcock from my summer in Cold Lake
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

Flight Lieutenant Henry (Harry) David Young Ret'd

It is with sadness that I announce the passing of HD "Harry" Young on 7 April 2012. Harry was former staff member of CO of 102 Squadron from approx 1960 until 1969 and served as CO from 1964 until his retirement. The HD Young Trophy for best 3rd year cadet was donated in 1970 and was for many years presented, by F/L Young himself.

His obituary reads:

YOUNG, Henry (Harry) David - Born October 31st 1919, passed away peacefully on April 7th 2012 at Grove Park Home, Barrie, in his 93rd year. Harry is sadly missed by his loving wife of 71 years, Jane (Dyment). He is also survived by his 4 children; daughter Dayle McKee (Danny), son David, son Peter (Susan) and daughter Mary Jane Cole (Randy). He was a much loved Pappy to 11 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren. Born to a family of 12 children, he will fondly be remembered by his 5 surviving siblings John, Dot, George, Ken and Gerry. A WWII Veteran, Harry served as president of the Royal Canadian Legion (Br. 147) in 1947 and he was Commanding Officer of the Air Cadets during the 60's. Most recently, he was a member of the 441 Wing. Harry spent a long and busy career as a painter/decorator in the Barrie area. Harry was lovingly cared for in recent years by staff and volunteers at Grove Park Home and he also enjoyed his thrice weekly visits by his faithful friend Bill Buck. The family wishes to acknowledge and thank all those who made his life comfortable and brightened his days. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at Trinity Anglican Church (24 Collier Street, Barrie) on Thursday, April 12th 2012 at 2:00 p.m. Donations in Harry's memory may be made to the Grove Park Home or Trinity Anglican Church through the Jennett Chapel of the MCCLELLAND & SLESSOR Funeral Home, 152 Bradford Street in Barrie (705) 722-6656. Words of comfort may be forwarded to the family by visiting www.funeralhome.on.ca
    F/L HD Young with cadets from 102 Sqn at the Trenton Air Cadet Camp circa 1965

The HD Young Trophy

gliderwingsJ-P Johnson cd1
    Barrie Ontario
    The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Quote Originally Posted by J-P Johnson View Post
    It is with sadness that I announce the passing of HD "Harry" Young on 7 April 2012. Harry was former staff member of CO of 102 Squadron from approx 1960 until 1969 and served as CO from 1964 until his retirement. The HD Young Trophy for best 3rd year cadet was donated in 1970 and was for many years presented, by F/L Young himself.

His obituary reads:

F/L HD Young with cadets from 102 Sqn at the Trenton Air Cadet Camp circa 1965

The HD Young Trophy

I would like to extend my condolences here; Harry and Jane are my former neigbours up until this past October. Every summer; I remember their being a RCAF flying off their front porch, and Harry was very proud.

I'm hoping to attend the funeral this Thursday alongside my dad.
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

Gungod is on a distinguished road Gungod's Avatar

Sad news from the UK

LCdr Martin Packer
    102 frase2sub
    GFLSFCM~HMWCSG
    A.F & A.M

Quote Originally Posted by Gungod View Post
    My condolences, what a tragic, preventable death.
    Captain J. Gleiberman cd1
    Everytime I think I am out, they keep pulling me back in.
    Grand Poobah of the SAW
    Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Maj Marc Boudreau

Marc will be sorely missed from the cadet program in Atlantic Canada. His years of dedication have affected thousands of youth. He has previously held many positions at Greenwood Air Cadet Summer Training Centre including Commanding Officer. He has also been the Air Training Officer for Atlantic Canada and most recently the Nova Scotia Detachment Commander. His sudden passing is a shock to all of the shareholders of the CCM in Atlantic Canada and beyond where he has made countless personal and professional relationships. Below is his obituary and service details.

Major Marc A. Boudreau CD, 47, of Dartmouth, N.S. passed away suddenly on Friday, September 7, 2012. Born June 19, 1965 in Moncton, he was the son of Roméo and Marie-Jeanne (LeBlanc) Boudreau of Shediac.

He was a Major with the Canadian Armed Forces based in Shearwater, NS, was the Detachment Commander and Cadet Instructor Cadre Branch in NS.

Besides his parents, he will be sadly missed by his special friend, Jonathan Mosher of Dartmouth, NS; a sister, Lise Poirier (Paul) of Shediac; a brother, Michel (Sylvie) of Shediac; two nieces: Danielle and Karine; a nephew, Luc; a godchild, Meaghan, as well as many uncles, aunts, cousins, colleagues and friends.

Visitation at Frenette Funeral Home Ltd., 396 Main Street, Shediac (532-3297) on Wednesday, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Funeral mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at St-Joseph R.C. Church, Shediac. Interment will be in the Frenette Columbarium, Shediac.

In his memory, a contribution to the New Brunswick Heart & Stroke Foundation would be appreciated.

Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Frenette Funeral Home, Shediac. Messages of condolences may be made online at

www.frenettefuneralhome.com
    Captain Nicole Whiteway cd
    Former CO 292 RCACS

passing of Capt Celine Frechette

Found this on FB this evening...........

The Commanding Officer of the Cadet Regional Support Unit (Eastern), Lieutenant Colonel Ryszard Sulik, regretfully announces the death of Capt Céline Fréchette, Administrative Officer at the Cadet Corps 2800 Verdun, who passed away on Oct. 11. On behalf of the Canadian Cadet Organization, he wishes to offer his condolences to the family and friends of Capt Fréchette. He reiterates his support to the Cadet Corps 2800 Verdun during this difficult time.

Capt Frechette was my CO when I was parading in Montreal. She was a no-nonsense officer who took great pride in taking care of her officers and Cadets. I still remember her laughing about my "BC ways"....whether being 'in awe' of Montreal, my aversion to the cold, my attempts at learning French.....my heart is with her family and her current Cadets. She will be missed
    Captain MK Wilson, RSW
    gsm

Passing of M/Gen Bill Paisley (Ret) Past OPC Chair.

From the Air Cadet League of Canada Facebook Page: LINK
    Passing of M/Gen Bill Paisley (Ret) Past OPC Chair.

17 December 2013 at 08:59

It is with Great Sadness we inform you of the passing of M/Gen Bill Paisley (Ret).
    Gen Paisley proudly served Canada as a member of the Royal Canadian Airforce from 1947 to 1984. Bill was actively involved with the Air Cadet League , nationally, provincially and Locally in the Kingston area right up untill the evening prior to his passing . He attended a local Squadrons 2013 Christmas Mess Dinner. Bill died suddenly at his home on Sunday Dec 15 2013 in his 85th year. Beloved husband of Lillian ( nee Lavigne) with whom he would have celebrated 64 years of marriage on Dec 16 2013.

A memorial service will be held in the Chapel of the James Reid Funeral Home, 1900 John Counter Blvd, on Friday Dec 20th at 2:00 p.m. The family will recieve friends prior to the service from Noon untill 1:45p.m., as well as during the reception following the service.

As expressions of sympathy and in recognition of his devotion and Love of the Air Cadets , memorial contributions may be made to the Air Cadet League of Canada.
    gliderwingsJ-P Johnson cd1
    Barrie Ontario
    The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Can someone confirm? I heard that Lieutenant(N) Pat Cardinell passed away?
    R Molitor
    Lt (N)
    "Leadership is not making decisions; anyone can do that. It is also not standing behind decisions; again, an easy thing to do. True leadership is admitting when you're wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) R. Molitor View Post
    Can someone confirm? I heard that Lieutenant(N) Pat Cardinell passed away?
    I believe this is true. My whole Facebook wall is full of messages regarding Pat's passing away. From my understanding it happened last night or early this morning.

Very sad news.
    SLt Michael Jarosz

Pacific Region Sailing Race Team Coach
    South Vancouver Island Sail Center Head Instructor

Pat passed away last night. His loss will be felt far and wide throughout the program.

Pat was a friend and mentor, and I will miss him very much. We will prepare a more formal statement of his loss shortly.

Sylena Urbanoski
    Every person is in some way, my superior.- Emerson

It is with terrible sadness that the Commanding Officer, Officers, Cadets, and Alumni of RCSCC FRASER wish fair winds and following seas to Lt(N) Pat Cardinell. It was an honour to have him with us on December 11 to promote his long time friend, Chris Nilsson, to Lieutenant(N). Lt(N) Cardinell was a past Commanding Officer of the corps, and has positively impacted the lives of countless youth and adults alike with his years of service to the program. Your watch is complete sir; we'll take it from here.

The flags flew at half mast today as the Officers prepared Christmas supper for the crew. The toast of the day for Sunday completed the night, with a moment of silence.

Chris shared some special Pat moments with us after our Christmas dinner with the cadets. It is pretty touching that Chris had the honour of putting up the final salute as Pat stood atop the dais in RCSCC FRASER, given their great history working together.

This is the video that I shot of Chris' promotion last week.
    http://youtu.be/h0TQbIyn0H4

B.A. Watson
    Lt(N)
    CO
    RCSCC FRASER
    Bryan Watson
    102 frase2sub

20. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Nighthawk :

I can't think of a more fitting tribute to Pat than this Bryan.

I am proud to have called Pat a friend. He will be missed by all those whose lives he touched - and there were thousands of them. I don't know of anyone else who could tell a joke like Pat - and Lord knows how he remembered them all!

He was a gentleman and a devoted family man.

Rest in Peace old friend.

Banning IP Addresses - one spammer at a time

22. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By J Hillsden :

CW Staff Writer Thundah is on a distinguished road Thundah's Avatar
    http://www.chch.com/teen-killed-walking-rural-road/

This boy was a cadet in a nearby squadron. He grew close to many and was a bright and talented soul. RIP.
    L. Korolenchuk
    Flight Sergeant (Ret'd)

aircsmlsm | canada