+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    August 5, 2011
    ACCIDENTAL DEATH OF LCOL PIERRE LABELLE

Ladies, Gentlemen,

It is with great sorrow that I inform you of the death of Lcol Pierre Labelle.

Yesterday, around 19h15, Pierre went on a bicycle ride from the Regional Cadet School of Music Eastern, where he was the Commanding Officer, and he was unexpectedly swiped by a car. He was killed instantly.

Our thoughts and support go to Renée, his spouse, as well as to his daughter Stéphanie and his son Alexandre, and to all the School of Music Staff and cadets that came in contact with him until recently.

We lose a colleague, a friend, and a passionate advocate of the Cadet Program in RCSU Eastern.

Lieutenant-Colonel Carlo De Ciccio
    Chief of Staff
    RCSU Eastern

CW User: deBoerBOT

It is my regret to announce the passing of a fellow CW member, Shane de Boer.

"On August 27, 2011 Flight Sergeant Shane de Boer passed away, a member of 296 Family. this page is for his friends, family, and anyone who wants to show respect and honour Shanes passing."
    Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Lov...861162?sk=info

My thoughts and prayers are with his family in their time of sympathy.
    CV Vanessa Dickson, MWO (Retired)
    If one person can inspire many, imagine what 7000 can do.
    rclcmeaircsm1

DrillGOD822 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by luvin-cadets View Post

"On August 27, 2011 Flight Sergeant Shane de Boer passed away, a member of 296 Family. this page is for his friends, family, and anyone who wants to show respect and honour Shanes passing."

My condolences go out to the family. A fellow friend and colleague during ground school. Rest in peace my good friend

g.landonbrowne is on a distinguished road
    RIP, from what I had heard Shane was an outstanding cadet, who always put his best effort forth to any activity he did.

CW Social Media Team Member clr4449 is on a distinguished road clr4449's Avatar

Rest In Peace
    2Lt Craig L. "Rosie" Rosensweig
    351 Silver Star Squadron
    Assistant Training Officer
    Retired WO2, 166 Bulldog Squadron
    aircsmrclcme

When you consider that he was on here four days ago asking about his training bonus, and now, well...

Reading that thread now is downright eerie.
    Alexander Rodd, PE

Quote Originally Posted by rwgill View Post
    August 5, 2011
    ACCIDENTAL DEATH OF LCOL PIERRE LABELLE

Ladies, Gentlemen,

It is with great sorrow that I inform you of the death of Lcol Pierre Labelle.

Yesterday, around 19h15, Pierre went on a bicycle ride from the Regional Cadet School of Music Eastern, where he was the Commanding Officer, and he was unexpectedly swiped by a car. He was killed instantly.

Our thoughts and support go to Renée, his spouse, as well as to his daughter Stéphanie and his son Alexandre, and to all the School of Music Staff and cadets that came in contact with him until recently.

We lose a colleague, a friend, and a passionate advocate of the Cadet Program in RCSU Eastern.

Lieutenant-Colonel Carlo De Ciccio
    Chief of Staff
    RCSU Eastern
    This is a bit late but I recall seeing the band perform from that camp at the MEGA in St Jean. They were a talented bunch and hearing of his passing a few days later was just surreal.
    Provincial Effective Speaking
    rclcmeaircsm __________ qdjm

somalia~kenya

mandyl is on a distinguished road mandyl's Avatar

I can't even believe this.
    I got a notification that my flight sergeant from this summer posted in the Scorpion facebook group, and I thought it was just a typical 'miss you guys' post. I was not ready to see that he posted the link to his memorial page.
    although I didn't get to know him as well as I would've liked, we always worked together in class for the weeks he was at camp with me.
    he knew so much, and was always looking for something new to learn.
    R.I.P. Scorpion #8, Shane de Boer </3
    WOII Maranda Legge aircsm
    507 F/L McLean RCACS
    Deputy Squadron Commander
    Aircraft Maintenance 2011 - Scorpion Flight ♥
    RIP Scorpion #8- Shane de Boer

Mitch.Simpson is on a distinguished road Mitch.Simpson's Avatar
    RIP Shane. I didn't know you, but you sounded like a great person to know, and a truly exceptional cadet. Safe travels.
    WO1 (retired) Mitch Simpson
    Former Squadron Cadet Commander
    706 Ottawa Snowy Owl Air Cadet Squadron
    aircsm
    BASIC '08 BACSTC, ITSC '09 BACSTC, ARMIC '11 CNACSTC, GT STAFF '12 BACSTC

10. The Following User Likes This Post By Mitch.Simpson :

CadetWorld sadly mourns the loss of a Cadet and a member of our CW community. Flight Sergeant Shane de Boer's last activity here was 27 Aug 2011, 3 years to the day from when he first joined CW.

A donation on behalf of CW has been made to FSgt de Boer's squadron, and we express our deepest sympathies to his family and friends, and to the Cadets and Staff at 296 City of Cambridge Royal Canadian Air Cadets Squadron as they cope with the loss of one of their own.

CW Members who wish to do so may write their thoughts on FSgt de Boer's CW Wall:

http://www.cadet-world.com/cwforums/...9607-deBoerBOT

In keeping with CW custom, his user title has been edited to express our wish that he Rest In Peace.

KD
    Last edited by Lt(N) Deck; 29th August 2011 at 12:18.
    Kevin C. Deck cd1
    Lt(N)
    RCSCC GRILSE canada bc
    Past CO - RCSCC MEDICINE HAT, RCSCC BICKNELL, RCSCC GRILSE

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Lt(N) Deck :

pat16 is on a distinguished road pat16's Avatar
    It's never easy to see someone leave this world, even if we didn't know them. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Flight Sergeant Shane de Boer
    Patrick " The Flying Frenchman " Savoie acadia
    Former Sergeant, 640 Chaleur RCACS
    CI 275 Chaleur RCSCC

May his soul RIP

DA Wright is on a distinguished road DA Wright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt(N) Deck View Post
    CadetWorld sadly mourns the loss of a Cadet and a member of our CW community. Flight Sergeant Shane de Boer's last activity here was 27 Aug 2011, 3 years to the day from when he first joined CW.
    KD
    Viewings are scheduled 1400-1600 and 1900-2100 at Corbett Funeral Home in Cambridge, Ontario. Funeral is 1100 on 1 Sep 11 (no location was specified so I suspect also at the funeral home, but I would suggest calling the funeral to confirm, for anyone who plans to attend).

RIP, Shane, may you now be at peace.
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central
    Do, or do not, there is no try -Yoda

NorderxG.F.Lx is on a distinguished road NorderxG.F.Lx's Avatar
    My condolences to the family, friends and the corps she was apart of
    Judge your success by whαt you hαd to give up in order to get it — -And in his finɑl words I found My ɑce thɑt I cɑn keep <3

armycsm lsm

It is my regret to announce the passing of a former 396 City of Prince George cadet, Brenden Minnie.

"BRENDEN JAMES MINNIE June 12, 1993 - September 19, 2011 It is with the heaviest of heart that I announce that my son Brenden passed away suddenly and has left a large hole in many lives but none bigger than left in his Mom's heart. Brenden is survived by his loving Mom Kelly, Grandma Duesterbeck (Bob), Uncles Darwin (Brenda), Norm (Allison), Nick, many aunts, uncles & cousins, and many many honourary aunts, uncles & cousins, Brenden is predeceased by Grandpa Duesterbeck, Aunt Jolie, Great Grandpa & Grandma Duesterbeck, Great Grandpa & Grandma Melnyk. In leiu of flowers donations can be made in Brenden's name to Prince George Air Cadets and Silvertip Archers. Service will be held September 24, 2011 @ 3pm at the Native Friendship Centre, refreshments to follow. My bubby you were my everything and my love for you will last for infinity."

http://legacy.princegeorgecitizen.co...&pid=153765920

Rest in Peace man, SIC 2K9 forever.
    DISCLAIMER: Any posts I make may not be necessarily representative of RCA Ops/RGS(Pac), the CCM, or CadetWorld. They in no way replace official information available.

cdennis is on a distinguished road cdennis's Avatar

I knew him not for his presnece but for his friendship!

I regret to inform, that on the 19th of sept 2011, A fellow cadet and good friend of mine, Brenden James Minnie form BC, passed away in an unfortunate seires of events. He was a great leader, outgoing person, and an awe inspiring rolemodel. We spent 6 weeks together on SIC in Greenwood. He was always someone you could talk to if you had a problem, and was always willing to help. " In the light of our lord, he is a guide, always watching, and a friend, his love difying the boundries of death itself." (Chris Dennis) He will be missed greatly! SIC 2K9 FOREVER!

I knew Brenedon from SIC and i have never met a more outgoing and loving individual! I miss him soo much! Myself and a few other fellow SIC's were really the only ones who kept in close contact with him after the course, save, his freinds and family! its a real shame he had to leave us so soon. He had his entire life ahaed of him! He was a devoted individual and a great pal! Why do the good ones always always the first to go? Please come back man!
    Last edited by cdennis; 5th October 2011 at 04:54. Reason: spelling errors and grammer.
    Fsgt.Christopher Joseph Dennis
    292 Halifax Fairview Branch 142 RCAC
    aircsm

Long Time Air Cadet Supporter and WW2 POW Passes Away

CAMPBELL, Donald George, 94, Halifax, passed away peacefully on October 15, 20111 at the QE11 Health Sciences Centre.
    He was the youngest son of the late George Douglas (Dugald) and Esther (Black) Campbell. He enjoyed an ideal childhood in Weymouth North. Together with his neighbourhood friends and his cousin Kenneth Taylor, he spent many happy hours swimming in the mill pond, paddling on the Sissaboo and sailing on the bay. After he finished school, he worked for a time at the Royal Bank in Weymouth until his country called and he enlisted in the Royal Canadian Air Force. Here, he attained his ambition of becoming a Spitfire Pilot and was sent overseas to England. In June of 1942, when returning from a raid, he was shot down over the English Channel and was taken prisoner. He remained in prison camp until the end of the war. He then came to Halifax where he worked in the investment business until his retirement. Throughout his life, he enjoyed helping people. He was a member of the Halifax Kiwanis Club and later the Halifax Golden Key, the Investment Dealers Association, Air Cadet Squadron 902, Prisoners of War Association and Saint John's Anglican Church, Halifax. He is survived by his wife, Mary Lou (Bishop); a son, Colin (Josee), a daughter, Jennifer (Terry Davis); two grandchildren, Caroline and Kenneth Davis.
    Visitation will take place at J.A.Snow Funeral Home, 339 Lacewood Drive, Halifax on Tuesday, October 18th from 2-4 and 6-8 pm with funeral service on Wednesday, October 19th at 11:30 AM from Snow's Chapel. Donations in Donald's memory to the Canadian Red Cross will be gratefully received.

He actually helped with 292 air cadets, the squadron I joined but his family got the number wrong... no big deal. He hasn't been able to attend events in about 4 years now due to failing health, but the unit was always close to his heart. I remember him talking about flying spitfires when I was a young cadet.... I also remember the first time I learned he was a POW, he never talked about it to anyone until about 10 years ago a young first year cadet asked him about the war... he talked to him for almost 2 hours about his experiences, including his time in POW camps (including the one that was home of "the great escape")
    Captain Nicole Whiteway cd
    Former CO 292 RCACS

cdennis is on a distinguished road cdennis's Avatar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by CaptWhiteway View Post
    CAMPBELL, Donald George, 94, Halifax, passed away peacefully on October 15, 20111 at the QE11 Health Sciences Centre.
    He was the youngest son of the late George Douglas (Dugald) and Esther (Black) Campbell. He enjoyed an ideal childhood in Weymouth North. Together with his neighbourhood friends and his cousin Kenneth Taylor, he spent many happy hours swimming in the mill pond, paddling on the Sissaboo and sailing on the bay. After he finished school, he worked for a time at the Royal Bank in Weymouth until his country called and he enlisted in the Royal Canadian Air Force. Here, he attained his ambition of becoming a Spitfire Pilot and was sent overseas to England. In June of 1942, when returning from a raid, he was shot down over the English Channel and was taken prisoner. He remained in prison camp until the end of the war. He then came to Halifax where he worked in the investment business until his retirement. Throughout his life, he enjoyed helping people. He was a member of the Halifax Kiwanis Club and later the Halifax Golden Key, the Investment Dealers Association, Air Cadet Squadron 902, Prisoners of War Association and Saint John's Anglican Church, Halifax. He is survived by his wife, Mary Lou (Bishop); a son, Colin (Josee), a daughter, Jennifer (Terry Davis); two grandchildren, Caroline and Kenneth Davis.
    Visitation will take place at J.A.Snow Funeral Home, 339 Lacewood Drive, Halifax on Tuesday, October 18th from 2-4 and 6-8 pm with funeral service on Wednesday, October 19th at 11:30 AM from Snow's Chapel. Donations in Donald's memory to the Canadian Red Cross will be gratefully received.

He actually helped with 292 air cadets, the squadron I joined but his family got the number wrong... no big deal. He hasn't been able to attend events in about 4 years now due to failing health, but the unit was always close to his heart. I remember him talking about flying spitfires when I was a young cadet.... I also remember the first time I learned he was a POW, he never talked about it to anyone until about 10 years ago a young first year cadet asked him about the war... he talked to him for almost 2 hours about his experiences, including his time in POW camps (including the one that was home of "the great escape")

I remember talking to him once. I do believe I was a lvl 2 cadet and he had come to vist for a Co's Parade. Some one had told me he was a fighter pilot and I asked him hoe how he got into it. He bagan to tell me about the Spitfires and how he was shot down in enemy territory, and how his aircrew survival skills, which they taught the pilots not only survival in general but evasion tactics to escape capture, he told me he was caught but never really talked about what had happened while in detainment. He will be greatly missed and his memories will live on in our hearts! My deepest sympathies and condolences go out to his family and friends! He was obviously a very brave man, and a great role-model! R.I.P Lest we forget!
    Fsgt.Christopher Joseph Dennis
    292 Halifax Fairview Branch 142 RCAC
    aircsm

WO STACENKO, John
    Peacefully in Ottawa on Thursday October 20, 2011. Beloved husband of Julie Badour Stacenko. Father of Tony, Alex and Thomas. Loved brother of Anna and Tom. Uncle to Liliane, Michael and Lisa. Cousin of Hanna Mudrick from Ukraine. Predeceased by his parents Julia and Michael. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him. Friends may pay respects at the Kelly Funeral Home, 2370 St. Joseph Blvd. (Orleans) Friday October 21 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Saturday October 22 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Funeral Service Sunday October 23 in the Kelly Funeral Home Chapel at 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society or Autism Society Canada or Children At Risk would be greatly appreciated.

WO Stacenko worked at CSTC Connaught for the past several years in supply.

Mitch.Simpson is on a distinguished road Mitch.Simpson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwgill View Post
    WO STACENKO, John
    Peacefully in Ottawa on Thursday October 20, 2011. Beloved husband of Julie Badour Stacenko. Father of Tony, Alex and Thomas. Loved brother of Anna and Tom. Uncle to Liliane, Michael and Lisa. Cousin of Hanna Mudrick from Ukraine. Predeceased by his parents Julia and Michael. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him. Friends may pay respects at the Kelly Funeral Home, 2370 St. Joseph Blvd. (Orleans) Friday October 21 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Saturday October 22 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Funeral Service Sunday October 23 in the Kelly Funeral Home Chapel at 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society or Autism Society Canada or Children At Risk would be greatly appreciated.

WO Stacenko worked at CSTC Connaught for the past several years in supply.
    I talked to him a few times this past summer.... He will be missed, RIP.
    WO1 (retired) Mitch Simpson
    Former Squadron Cadet Commander
    706 Ottawa Snowy Owl Air Cadet Squadron
    aircsm
    BASIC '08 BACSTC, ITSC '09 BACSTC, ARMIC '11 CNACSTC, GT STAFF '12 BACSTC