Closed Thread

Photo Guidelines: PLEASE READ

To all users of the British Cadet Forum:

Right, now I understand that some of you have opinions regarding this rule, but for the meantime it will be standing universally throughout all CadetWorld forums.

There are to be no photographs posted that feature weaponry, with particular reference to rifles.

There are many reasons for this, as previously posted by SLt Urbanoski (http://www.cadet-world.com/cwforums/...d.php?t=17464), mainly related to current public perceptions and opinions regarding weaponry in cadet movements.

I do understand the limitations this places upon British Cadets, and there may potentially be some consideration taking place in that regard. Should there be any minor tweaks or allowances in relation to that fact you will be notified.

For now it stands exactly as it sounds: simple, clear and non-negotiable.

Thanks for you co-operation.
    Dan
    Last edited by Maples; 14th January 2007 at 16:12.

Does this include DP weapons?? As no doubt come February I may have photo's of my Unit's Armed Drill Team from the Area Competition??
    (ex) PO (SCC) Sean Woodcraft
    TS Grimsby SCC

RE Hopefull is on a distinguished road RE Hopefull's Avatar
    The land of bacon, fine ales and drizzle (Otherwise known as London)
    Quote Originally Posted by woody_woodcraft View Post
    Does this include DP weapons?? As no doubt come February I may have photo's of my Unit's Armed Drill Team from the Area Competition??
    Anything that looks like it could go bang at any time is out. I honestly thought it was a joke at first.

I think the appropriate action at this time is to send off a polite PM to SLt Urbanoski outlining your disagreements, and that goes for everyone else who wants to disagree with this. Notice the polite bit, eh?
    Last edited by Maples; 14th January 2007 at 16:12. Reason: Adding advice
    ukusaireland

i have sent a pm to the higher chain of command and have not yet got a reply
    Officer Cadet.Stanizlaw bickerton LDRTC Territorial Army.

Give it time, TPTB are very busy people lol
    (ex) PO (SCC) Sean Woodcraft
    TS Grimsby SCC

Quote Originally Posted by woody_woodcraft View Post
    Give it time, TPTB are very busy people lol
    sure thing PO
    Officer Cadet.Stanizlaw bickerton LDRTC Territorial Army.

Just to let everyone know:

I have made enquiries regarding the rule's applicability to Drill Purpose Weapons, Ceremonial Weapons (subtle difference covering naval swords etc) and Field Guns.

Equally have enquired about whether we will be required to remove existing photographs from the current threads.

No news as yet, watch this space. Please be aware that other members of staff have been notified as to the position/opinions/predicament that applies to British Cadets. They are aware of the situation and the matter is currently being discussed, so whilst there is nothing wrong with any PMs expressing personal views about something you strongly feel must be raised, there is no need to begin a campaign of flooding staff inboxes.

Thanks for your co-operation regarding this matter.

Dan
    Last edited by Maples; 12th January 2007 at 03:47.

All photos deemed inappropriate by new regulations have been deleted as of 14/01/2006.

Swords/Cutlasses - Are fine

Drill Purpose rifles being used in a proper manner - Completely fine

Rifles used in the bush, in 'glory' poses etc are not acceptable.

Please note that this query was made by your moderator during the Christmas season and was lost amidst the holidays. It is under discussion among the staff of the site we are taking your concerns under consideration. We have not reached a determination at this point.

Further - If you are referring to an officer of a different nation - As per the House Rules, do so with common respect - ie: Referring to someone simply by their last name is disrespectful and lacking in common courtesy.

Sylena Urbanoski
    Every person is in some way, my superior.- Emerson