Closed Thread

ANZAC Forum Quote of the Week

Check out this thread to find out how to nominate a post.

From Jordy Boy in the "Boot Polish and Spit Shine" thread.....

"With the elbow greese: I have heard many different ways of getting a good shine, so greese doesnt sound too weird, but time and effort definetly work best"
    Flying Officer Andrew Bennison, NZCF
    41 (City of Porirua) Squadron
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Nominated by Kass...

From Morrison and Bub in the *Yawn* - Tis I! Ranger Thread.....

Morrison - Birchip? Glad I DON'T know it by the sounds of things. And Kris, I told ya.... move into a new field of work, trust me. You can earn up to $3000 a day *Runs away screaming 'LOCK THE GATES BEHIND ME!'*

Bub - Is that at Kings X?
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Random Quote...

From funkyfairy in the Monaco F1 GP 2004 thread.....

They were engaged....her fake boobs were a distraction from driving...I can say that right???
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Bright Eyes Glory...

Well I couldn't work out which of the two to use, so I'll use both.

From Bright Eyes in the Platypus Thread.....

He doesn't irritate me! I think he's the coolest and also the hottest guy ever! I wanted to have his children, but his wife raced me to it. However, if he keeps using them as playtoys for his crocs then he won't have any left ... and then I will once again get a chance to fulfill my lifelong dream of having freak babies.

Also from Bright Eyes in the Happy Birthday Margaret Thread.....

Margaret's having ANOTHER birthday! Geez ... didn't you just have one a few months ago?

You should stop having birthdays. Next thing you know you'll be as old as Jeremey. Well ... at least you'd give him company playing cards at the retirement home.
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Random Quote...

From seand in the Platypus thread.....

Ahhhhh, no, no you don't, we just ket you think that you do! You see all us boys have grown up and figured out that it is the way to keep women happy....Make them "think" they are in control!

*ducks*
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Just Classic...

Hasn't been one in awhile, but this is classic.

From the Grounded!!!! thread.....

We Had the Time: We had just returned from our course graduation dinner in the Wardroom.

We Had the Guts: We were all full of bravado after finishing the course.

We Had the Permission: "Captain Cawley, can we kidnapp one of your NEOCs?" - "Sure, just have the unlucky person back by 6.am"

We Had the Numbers: Surely ONE NEOC could not escape 10, even if they are Cadets!

We even knew WHERE and WHEN!

Here's what we DIDN'T know (or at least didn't THINK about!):

1) Not everyone will just sit quietly and idly pass the time whilst they are subdued and kidnapped.

2) Perhaps the person being kidnapped is just as big, or bigger and has actual SKILL in close combat in some form or another.

3) The Division rooms that we entered were just that - DIVISION rooms. As such, they house an entire Division of NEOCs and not just one.

4) The Hallway is not far from the Doors of all the rooms and noise can be heard.

5) You DON'T need to call for individual people to help you when the Division is named and that this name can be called for help from multiple people at once.

6) Perhaps these friends are ALSO bigger and more skilled.

---- So as can be guessed, the result was that which is to be expected of such and engagement ----
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Double Banger...

From hartleymartin & funkyfairy in the Cleaning Items of Uniform thread.....

hartleymartin - It would be nice to know their name. Makes it easier to remember who you are talking to.

funkyfairy - That's why everyone has a user name...duh
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Nominated by Kass and Kristi...

Two in a week but this is gold!

From seand & dean in the A CW ANZAC Award? thread.....

seand - I am soooo sworn off girls at the moment!!!!

dean - Haha, Navy Midshipman, fresh meat, not like you have a choice!
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Summer time....

From stefcheng in the Athens 2004 thread.....

i think a lot of us may want to get un fat... i know i want to be able to sunbake at the beach without greenpeace trying to push me back in the water!! hehe
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Hmmmmm...

From battlensign in the School Uniforms thread.....

Just wondering.

Your posts give impressions of age when read and this age impression changes with each post.
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Disclaimers....

Haven't had one of these in some time, but considering recent events this is a classic.

From seand in the Australian Idol 2! thread.....

Note: This post contains no mention of any other person who posts on this board. It contains one reference to a previous post only, in the form of a legit. question. These views are my own, they are not an attack on anyone that posts on this board, nor am I trying to alter anyone's opinion. Any attempt to construe what I have written in such a sense is that person's choice, which I have no bearing on. That being said, I'm still going looking for my Kevlar!
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Xmas Humor....

Maybe we should rename this "ANZAC Forum Quote of the Month", but anyway.

From hartleymartin in the Tis the season.....

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree...

Okay.... what am I supposed to do with that? Is it pear season?

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two turtle doves...

They make nice pets, and they keep the partridge in good company.

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, three french hens...

More poultry? Ok, I get fresh eggs, but that means I have to build a bigger chicken run. We already have 7 chooks.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, four calling birds...

Okay, enough with the birds already!

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, five golden rings...

GOLD! Now you are talking!

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, six geese a laying...

I suppose it means that we'll all be having either more omeletts or roast goose for Christmas dinner then. Honestly, I cannot see why I need so many bloody birds!

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, seven swans a swimming...

Okay, does anyone want to help me get rid of these birds? My backyard is very small, doesn't have a pond, and I am sure that the local health authority is not going to approve of my having so many birds!

On the eigth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, eight maids a milking...

Okay, we have company. Sorry ladies, I don't have any cows or goats to milk, but you can help me with the laundry and the kitchen.

On the nineth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, nine ladies dancing

Ooo! free entertainment. I'll just find some suitable CD's for you to dance to. Looks like a party tonight!

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, ten lords a leaping...

Good thing you came, as we needed some dancing partners. Are you after the dancing ladies or the milking maids?

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, eleven pipers piping...

Okay, so we'll do some highland dancing. I always did like the pipes.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, twelve drummers drumming...

Hey! that's my job! Hey, with this many I can have my own pipes and drums band. I bags being Drum Major!

Okay now all together now:

And a partridge in a pear tree!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Don't want a post like this to hide...

From KaTe in the And for Kim.. thread.....

well todd let his friend put "suncream" on him not reliseing that it was sun tan she or was it a he ? *shrugs* ne ways he / she stoped but only did his knee caps and his top bit of his leg so ne ways we were on the bus going down to the tross and he goe kate look i have to wear short shorts with this i looked and go u need to wash ur slef more and he goes nar its sun tan cream i laught for ages but he eneded up getting it most of his skin just from his knee caps u could still see a little bit of it but he scabed alot off and every1 kept paying him out but it was really funny coz he had to wear short shorts and he couldnt hide it hehehe
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Random Quotes...

CadetWorld Unplugged...

Kristi:

When you have angel fish you either need to have one or more than one...

PS Other quotes can be sent via PM to me for inclusion.
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Nominated by Sean...

CadetWorld Unplugged II...

Kristi:

If I was smart.........umm, If I was smarter.... shut up!
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Nominated by Kristi...

From Possum in the Exchange thread...

Margaret is nice enough....i mean she never let any of the little kids drown at swimming club.
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Nominated by Sean...

Famous words quoted by Pera in the Remember Gallipoli thread.....

"Those heroes that shed their blood
    and lost their lives;
    You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country.
    Therefore rest in peace.
    There is no difference between the Johnnies
    and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side
    here in this country of ours.
    You, the mothers,
    who sent their sons from far away countries,
    wipe away your tears;
    your sons are now lying in our bosom
    and are in peace.
    After having lost their lives on this land they have
    become our sons as well."
    ATATURK, (1934).
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

A true Classic...

From Morrison in the does anyone know the name off this song thread.....

The weirdest Australia animal...

Latin Name: Seanus DrinksusalotofalcoholusDalton.
    Common Name: Sean Dalton.

Most commonly found in the Sydney area, the Seanus DrinksusalotofalcoholusDalton tends to lead a fairly social lifestyle. Having been born with many essential instincts, the Seanus goes about it's daily business with as little fuss as possible. Although a member of the CadetiiWorldus family, the Seanus has been known to stray from it's classic home.

It's diet consists mainly of... food, and it's mating habits are quite frankly, not suitable to discuss in the open. The Seanus is purely a sexual creature, having many partners in it's lifetime, before finding that one special mate to settle down with.

The Seanus has brown shaggy hair, tends to carry a slight belly with it all year round, perhaps due to the fact that in it's early evolutionary stages, it may have needed to store body fat for long hauls throughout the fruitless winter.

Unfortunately, the Seanus is in diabolical trouble. There is only 1 of it's species left alive in the world, and it is in danger of mutating into; Seanus HasturnedmetrosexualusDalton, if it's mate decides to place upon it there usual 'Pressurefromunderthethumbus' mating ritual.

You can find more information on the Seanus DrinksusalotofalcoholusDalton at www.DrinksusalotofalcoholusDalton.com.au
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

Nominated by Sean....

From hartleymartin in the Australian Weather thread.....

Australian Spring is the half-way between Australian Summer and Winter.
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand

I love the Sarcasim...

From Sean aimed at Martin in the Australian Waether thread.....

Pssssst they are talking about the service they were at last year.... You can't remember it because you didn't go...

It was in New Zealand!!
    New Zealand Cadet Forces
    newzealand