+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinE View Post
    at my sqn any one on a team, SLC grad, Officer parade position or colour party wears one
    So, just about everyone, then

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

Quote Originally Posted by quadrapiper View Post
    Coloured lanyards look bad - but not as bad as the maroon whistle ribbon worn by an Air AI who folded the ribbon to about 3", cutting a slot in the upper end, and then buttoning this abomination to his left breast tunic pocket, with the whistle dangling from the bottom. I kid you not.
    Now a soultion to that is a white lanyard and to keep with the theme of red. You could have a red Fox-40 on it. It follows the rules and serves the purpose if the cadet wants a whistle.

Pearce_517 is on a distinguished road Pearce_517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mad_cowes View Post
    I think that we should were diffrent lanyards based on our most recent sinor cours it looks sharp
    I definatly agree with you! I know uniformity is the key thing here, but people should be recgonized for the work they do. Look at your chief for example, he/she has a nice Canadian Coat of Arms on their sleeve, stands out doesn't it? It shows you that they worked/earned their rank, just like different colored lanyards show that the person wearing the lanyard has worked hard and completed his/her course and has earned the right to wear that color. mad_cowes, you and I shall have to talk to our CO about this...I've got some questions that need to be answered.

WO2 Pearce

Coupland is on a distinguished road Coupland's Avatar
    Hey sgt4life, what's my policy on this? I forget. I looked everywhere in here and could not find what I thought.. i thought for sure i wrote it down in here. i guess i thought wrong...
    Dobby
    Pawn of Squad Slack, 1st Knight of the 27 Sided Polygon!
    ISAKA!
    Dobby=

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce_517 View Post
    I definatly agree with you! I know uniformity is the key thing here, but people should be recgonized for the work they do. Look at your chief for example, he/she has a nice Canadian Coat of Arms on their sleeve, stands out doesn't it? It shows you that they worked/earned their rank, just like different colored lanyards show that the person wearing the lanyard has worked hard and completed his/her course and has earned the right to wear that color. mad_cowes, you and I shall have to talk to our CO about this...I've got some questions that need to be answered.

WO2 Pearce
    Gee, I always thought that the badges did that.

Besides, coloured lanyards look silly.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

mad_cowes, you and I shall have to talk to our CO about this...I've got some questions that need to be answered.
    I hate to break it to you, Steph, but I already know what the answers to your questions will be. No, it won't be allowed, because according to CATO 55-04 (Air Cadet Dress Regs), the only colour of lanyard allowed for wear is white...

Quote Originally Posted by CATO 55-04
    14. Lanyards, Gaiters and Cotton Gloves.
    These items of wear must be obtained at no expense to the public. They may be worn in ceremonial parades and only when authorized by the Sqn or CSTC CO. Lanyards, gaiters and cotton gloves worn by Air Cadets must be white only. Lanyards, if authorized, are worn on the left-hand side, must measure from 72 to 78 cm in length and must be of conservative pattern.
    And CATOs aside, it's a lot more professional to stick with white, and only white. Coloured lanyards would just serve a purpose already taken care of by course badges - and really, what's more important? Showing the courses you've taken on your uniform, or showing the courses you've taken by demonstrating your skills and knowledge in your actions at the LHQ?
    Lt Robin Braet
    - RCSCC LANARK
    HMCS ONTARIO Public Affairs 2012

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them

Please.....for the horse....white only, let it go...

I agree, I mean i have a green one and i don't wear it. So just suck it up and wear a nice shiny white one.

Quote Originally Posted by Coupland View Post
    Hey sgt4life, what's my policy on this? I forget. I looked everywhere in here and could not find what I thought.. i thought for sure i wrote it down in here. i guess i thought wrong...
    I don't remember. It could have been wing positions, wing and squadron positions or officer positions. In any case, we only have the Flag Party wearing them right now because we don't have enough.
    My alignment is Chaotic Awesome.
    avoid stupidity
    ~Are YOU in the Band?~

Coupland is on a distinguished road Coupland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt4life View Post
    I don't remember. It could have been wing positions, wing and squadron positions or officer positions. In any case, we only have the Flag Party wearing them right now because we don't have enough.
    Remind me to make some revisions to SOP's surrounding this.
    Remind me to make the SNCOs read SOP's again.
    I should find some electronic thing to tell me what to do when...
    Dobby
    Pawn of Squad Slack, 1st Knight of the 27 Sided Polygon!
    ISAKA!
    Dobby=

WO2 Pearce
    Here is a answer for you. Read CATO-55-04. White only! so your answer would be NO.

Megan is on a distinguished road Megan's Avatar
    Is there a reason this thread hasn't been closed yet?
    CI Megan Stacey - Music - HMCS ONTARIO 2009
    She loves the sky, 'cause it validates her pride;
    Never lets her know when she is wrong.

CW Member of the Year - 2009 Andy is on a distinguished road Andy's Avatar
    The horse is still mildly alive, and hasn't been filled with unnecessary statements...

...yet.

(until we raid and overtake it. )
    CV Anders Lau
    759 Falcon RCACS

so omgz this 1 time i was lyke playing wit sum rope and i made a lanyard and it was polkadot!!!!11!!!oneone!!11!!11!!eleventeen

Quote Originally Posted by Coupland View Post
    Remind me to make some revisions to SOP's surrounding this.
    Remind me to make the SNCOs read SOP's again.
    I should find some electronic thing to tell me what to do when...
    Eh, just add to the AdminO SOP "Remind the CO of stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    Is there a reason this thread hasn't been closed yet?
    ... because if I do, in a couple of months, someone else is going to come make a new thread about course lanyards, who gets to wear lanyards or about how no one should wear anything but white lanyards.

Also, I don't close threads without a reason. Pretty much ever. Give me an adequate reason and perhaps I will!
    My alignment is Chaotic Awesome.
    avoid stupidity
    ~Are YOU in the Band?~

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    Okay, thanks for clarifying.

so omgz this 1 time i was lyke playing wit sum rope and i made a lanyard and it was polkadot!!!!11!!!oneone!!11!!11!!eleventeen

It does not say anywhere that polka dot is not allowed LOL

....yes it does. Remember, WHITE ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by condor888000 View Post
    ....yes it does. Remember, WHITE ONLY
    It was a joke. But yes

WHITE ONLY
    WHITE ONLY
    WHITE
    JUST WHITE
    WHITE IS YOUR FRIEND

not red
    not green
    not polka dot
    not hot pink
    not pink
    not blue
    not purple
    not yellow
    not grey
    not tie-dye

Get the point? The moral of the story is white and only white is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt4life View Post
    Also, I don't close threads without a reason. Pretty much ever. Give me an adequate reason and perhaps I will!
    Could you just close it without deleting it?

Or possibly, CW could just publish a list of things that have been argued about enough already... Like, a 'do not post any more threads about ___' list.