+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dhillon View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it is being worn incorrectly in this picture if it is an aguillette.
    It's not a CF aiguillette, so it's tough to say if it is being worn correctly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GWP View Post
    Aguillettes are worn only by those who are appointed as a personal aide to a sovereign, representative of the sovereign or national ambassador or senior officer. If one is assisting the sovereign or representative the cord is worn on the left otherwise it is worn on the right.
    Oops ... have the left and right wrong.

Right for royal and vice regal appointments and left for military and civilian principals.
    Last edited by GWP; 17th August 2012 at 09:17.
    GWP
    osjqgjm
    qdjmcd1osjsm

mvac

And here i thought this was about making them lol.

In my squadron the Squadron Commander and the Flag Party Commander wears them
    J Auclair
    Flight Sergeant
    22 Red Knight Squadron Royal Canadian Air cadets

Well, during my time as a Cadet, I saw "only SLC grads", then it was Drill team, then it was "Only Scholarship Grads", then it was "Officer positions", then it was "Parade positions". None of these themes stayed long. I have no idea what my Squadron is doing now, but as far as I am aware there is only one person still involved who even knows how to start a lanyard lol.

H
    Alex 'Hammer' Enns
    Civilian Instructor
    Supply Officer 858 RCACS
    powerwings

Quick question, what is the official name of the thing you put on your arm when your duty cadet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gomoslowmo View Post
    Quick question, what is the official name of the thing you put on your arm when your duty cadet?
    It's called a brassard or armlet.
    Sgt. Liu, D.
    700 David Hornell V.C. Squadron
    GT - 2011
    BDCC - 2012
    DCIC - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Gomoslowmo View Post
    Arm brassard.
    Naval Cadet Kelvin Wang
    RCSCC VANGUARD (Administration Officer)
    RCSCC ONTARIO (Former Coxswain)
    G.F.L.S.F.C.M.

Air Cadet White Lanyard Fabrication

Hello all,

I found some white rope to make the stadard Air Cadet lanyards. Would anyone have instructions on how to make a lanyard similar to the one shown in the photo below? I found a thread from a while back asking the same question as mine, although the link to make the lanyard has since then expired. Thanks

lanyard.jpg
    WO1 Bradley Martire
    211 Kiwanis RCACS
    rclcme
    aircsmlsmafac
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2346 View Post
    Hello all,

I found some white rope to make the stadard Air Cadet lanyards. Would anyone have instructions on how to make a lanyard similar to the one shown in the photo below? I found a thread from a while back asking the same question as mine, although the link to make the lanyard has since then expired. Thanks

Attachment 9587
    Hopefully this will help!
    LANYARD.pdf
    KURKOSKI, A.J.
    Second Lieutenant (2Lt)
    608 Duke of Edinburgh RCACS