+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 187

Thread: New Cadet Boots

  1. #161
    DA Wright is on a distinguished road DA Wright's Avatar
    Join Date
    2004
    Location
    CFB Borden, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,532
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by condor888000
    As to your vibram comment Anderson, I'm not sure why its done. I'm not sure if they have a system through which they are entitled to do so or not. However, if it is permissable in the CF, it has no bearing on cadets as our regs do not specifically state it is permitted. So it must be assumed that it is not.
    My combat boots had Vibram(TM) soles put on them. It was done at public expense through the CF supply system. To get this done required me to present a medical chit to the supply folks.

    If a CF mbr goes ahead and modifies their kit without authority, they can be held responsible for the cost of the kit (or charged in serious cases). Modifications that are in keeping with CF practices, and that will not affect re-issue to another mbr normally pass without notice. Since the CF puts Vibram soles on boots for mbrs who benefit medically from them, it is hard to prevent (or even track) mbrs who do so at personal expense. Boots cannot be re-issued once there is a foot imprint in the inner sole of the boot.

    Cadets cannot be made to pay for damages due to altering their kit, but it is a breach of CATOs. If a cadet requires special footwear due to a medical condition, and the CF can reasonably satisfy the requirement, they should be able to special order it through the supply system (much in the same way as oversized footwear).
    D.A. Wright
    Maj
    Plans O
    RCSU Central
    Do, or do not, there is no try -Yoda

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by dhillon
    Wait.. hold on. Did you just ask what DND is?... Well, I guess our Forces really are small then.
    She just joined cadets...

    Heather, DND = Department of National Defence

  3. #163
    quadrapiper is on a distinguished road quadrapiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    2005
    Location
    Shawnigan Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,290
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by condor888000
    As to your vibram comment Anderson, I'm not sure why its done. I'm not sure if they have a system through which they are entitled to do so or not. However, if it is permissable in the CF, it has no bearing on cadets as our regs do not specifically state it is permitted. So it must be assumed that it is not.
    Excepting that (and speaking generally), in a case where there is no apparent cadet-specific regulation, then, until such a reg is forthcoming, logic suggests using CF regs and policy for guidance.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by mai_z
    She just joined cadets...

    Heather, DND = Department of National Defence
    lol, what she said :P... sorry, dhillon, i didn't mean to say that the forces were small

  5. #165
    Foxtrot is on a distinguished road Foxtrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    2004
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    107
    Gender
    I am suprised there are so many complaints about the new boots. I can't wait to get a pair! I love them! The officers I know with them say they are super comfy, and I polished my bud's pair, they weren't bad as long as you know to strip that coating of gooey junk off of them.
    I think the whole idea for them is because they are better for your feet than the old ones. Boots have changed a couple of times, they used to have harder heels, now they are soft...not as good for crunchy noises was the complaint then too. Changes are always hard...but within a year it will just be a pair of boots, and no one will know the difference.
    Lt(N) Megan St. Hilaire
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
    Mark Twain

    102

  6. #166
    thepriceisright is on a distinguished road thepriceisright's Avatar
    Join Date
    2007
    Location
    Langham, SK, Canada
    Posts
    846
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    13
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A SET OF CLICKERS? I HAVE BEEN HUNTING THEM DOWN FOR AGES TO PUT ON AN OLD PAIR OF INACTIVE PARADE BOOTS BUT I HAVE NOT FOUND THEM TO THIS DATE. PLEASE REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHERE TO FIND THEM. THANKS A LOT

    this may be off topic, sorry for doing that but i really want to know. thanks again
    OCdt Petten
    702 Lynx RCAirCS


  7. #167
    CW Chatter/SE Contributor of the Year - 2009 M. Arnott is on a distinguished road M. Arnott's Avatar
    Join Date
    2006
    Location
    Comox Valley, BC
    Posts
    7,539
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by kylepetten View Post
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A SET OF CLICKERS? I HAVE BEEN HUNTING THEM DOWN FOR AGES TO PUT ON AN OLD PAIR OF INACTIVE PARADE BOOTS BUT I HAVE NOT FOUND THEM TO THIS DATE. PLEASE REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHERE TO FIND THEM. THANKS A LOT

    this may be off topic, sorry for doing that but i really want to know. thanks again
    Metal on the sole of boots goes against CATO 55-04.

    Quote Originally Posted by CATO 55-04
    s. Boots. Shall be laced across horizontally from side to side. Boots shall not be modified with any type of metal cleats, hobnails or other metal attachments to heel or sole. No varnish other than shoe polish can be used to shine the boots.
    SLt Morgan Arnott
    189 RCSCC PORT AUGUSTA

    Are you following CW on Twitter?

  8. #168
    thepriceisright is on a distinguished road thepriceisright's Avatar
    Join Date
    2007
    Location
    Langham, SK, Canada
    Posts
    846
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    13
    Metal on the sole of boots goes against CATO 55-04.
    well of course. haha but i guess you read it too fast. i mentioned that these parade boots are inactive and arent gonna be used on the parade square. display purposes. if you know of anyone that may know can you find out please. thanks
    OCdt Petten
    702 Lynx RCAirCS


  9. #169
    CW Chatter/SE Contributor of the Year - 2009 M. Arnott is on a distinguished road M. Arnott's Avatar
    Join Date
    2006
    Location
    Comox Valley, BC
    Posts
    7,539
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    8
    Check a dance shop. I believe they are similar to the metal plates on the bottom of tap dancing shoes known as taps.

    After a quick peek on google, I found these.

    http://www.allaboutdance.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.818/.f
    SLt Morgan Arnott
    189 RCSCC PORT AUGUSTA

    Are you following CW on Twitter?

  10. #170
    thepriceisright is on a distinguished road thepriceisright's Avatar
    Join Date
    2007
    Location
    Langham, SK, Canada
    Posts
    846
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Arnott View Post
    Check a dance shop. I believe they are similar to the metal plates on the bottom of tap dancing shoes.
    thats what my training officer suggested so i will probably check there. thanks buddy!
    OCdt Petten
    702 Lynx RCAirCS


  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by kylepetten View Post
    thats what my training officer suggested so i will probably check there. thanks buddy!
    ...."buddy"? Is that how you address all Warrant Officers?
    Lieutenant J. Gillis
    529 ARMDALE KIWANIS RCACS

  12. #172
    thepriceisright is on a distinguished road thepriceisright's Avatar
    Join Date
    2007
    Location
    Langham, SK, Canada
    Posts
    846
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    ...."buddy"? Is that how you address all Warrant Officers?
    okay, im from newfoundland, not to discriminate myself but that automatically comes out when im thinking. plus you shouldnt be that worried about being called by your rank on here. what difference does it make. it is supposed to be a comfortable atmosphere for cadets to ask questions, answer questions, and to be themselves.
    OCdt Petten
    702 Lynx RCAirCS


  13. #173
    wulfnan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kylepetten View Post
    okay, im from newfoundland, not to discriminate myself but that automatically comes out when im thinking. plus you shouldnt be that worried about being called by your rank on here. what difference does it make. it is supposed to be a comfortable atmosphere for cadets to ask questions, answer questions, and to be themselves.
    I agree with you by the way "buddy" about the names. As for the tap things, my grand dad puts them on his shoes to protect the heel. He gets these half moon taps from the local shoe store.

    Why are people so touchy here on this site kyle any idea?
    Steve.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by kylepetten View Post
    okay, im from newfoundland, not to discriminate myself but that automatically comes out when im thinking. plus you shouldnt be that worried about being called by your rank on here. what difference does it make. it is supposed to be a comfortable atmosphere for cadets to ask questions, answer questions, and to be themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.cadet-world.com/rules
    -To represent yourself appropriately and correctly as a member of the global cadet community.
    -To treat all users and staff with respect and dignity at all times.
    ....
    -To express your views online in the same manner as would be expected of you in person.
    When I read those rules, I understand them to mean you address the Cadets and Officers as their ranks, and show them the same respect you would show them if you were in person.

    Personally, I would prefer to be called by my rank and last name, unless I know the person. Maybe its just me, but as a Warrant Officer I would find being called "buddy" quite disrespectful, especially if I dont know the person who is calling me it.
    Lieutenant J. Gillis
    529 ARMDALE KIWANIS RCACS

  15. #175
    thepriceisright is on a distinguished road thepriceisright's Avatar
    Join Date
    2007
    Location
    Langham, SK, Canada
    Posts
    846
    Gender
    Blog Entries
    13

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by wulfnan View Post
    I agree with you by the way "buddy" about the names. As for the tap things, my grand dad puts them on his shoes to protect the heel. He gets these half moon taps from the local shoe store.

    Why are people so touchy here on this site kyle any idea?
    Steve.
    Yeah, sound good.
    And I don't know. People think that are the top brass on here and ya wouldn't know if you were talkin to a general or something. These kind of people ruin it for everybody!
    OCdt Petten
    702 Lynx RCAirCS


  16. #176
    wulfnan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    When I read those rules, I understand them to mean you address the Cadets and Officers as their ranks, and show them the same respect you would show them if you were in person. Maybe its just me, but as a Warrant Officer I would find being called "buddy" quite disrespectful.
    OK jenny following those rules your right! . Will you please refer to me by my proper title of Mr. Miller from now on as I am not a cadet or affiliated to any type of military or para military organization. Please explain to me the proper way of addressing you or any other ranked person here so as to not offend.
    steve.

  17. #177
    wulfnan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kylepetten View Post
    Yeah, sound good.
    And I don't know. People think that are the top brass on here and ya wouldn't know if you were talkin to a general or something. These kind of people ruin it for everybody!
    here here... there is a rule about having fun and being yourself as well, I wont look it up because I am not a rule quoter.

    My names Steve by the way nice to meet you. And my friends call me buddy.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfnan View Post
    OK jenny following those rules your right! . Will you please refer to me by my proper title of Mr. Miller from now on as I am not a cadet or affiliated to any type of military or para military organization. Please explain to me the proper way of addressing you or any other ranked person here so as to not offend.
    steve.
    Well Mr. Miller, given that you are not a cadet or affiliated to any type of military or para military organization, as you said, it would not be 100% necessary for you to refer to someone as their rank and surname, though it would be a nice way to show respect.
    Lieutenant J. Gillis
    529 ARMDALE KIWANIS RCACS

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Well Mr. Miller, given that you are not a cadet or affiliated to any type of military or para military organization, as you said, it would not be 100% necessary for you to refer to someone as their rank and surname, though it would be a nice way to show respect.
    you can almost feel the sarcasm..........i think you guys have to take it down a notch
    TPR Mike Gallant lsmnlcaescsm
    Former Coxswain RCSCC#323
    BMQ 09, SQ 09, QL3 10

  20. #180
    wulfnan
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skinspei View Post
    you can almost feel the sarcasm..........i think you guys have to take it down a notch

    I don't sense sarcasm here well not from me anyway, if anything I was being myself and humorous. I really don't care what people call me as long as its not hurtful otherwise I might get my back up.

    steve.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts