+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cadet Boots

New cadet boots

I was just wondering what you all thought of the new cadet boots, the ones that look like civilian dress shoes.

Personally, it bugs me that they have new CF(cadet) parade boots. I was saving my parade boots from cadets for when I get in the reg force.
    Last edited by Kmart; 19th February 2006 at 15:24.

Gungod is on a distinguished road Gungod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmart
    Personally, it bugs me that the have new CF(cadet) parade boots. I was saving my parade boots from cadets for when I get in the reg force.
    Everyone is getting these new boots. You will get a brand new pair when you join the Regs.
    LCdr Martin Packer
    102 frase2sub
    GFLSFCM~HMWCSG
    A.F & A.M

Air

yo this boots are made for hiking not drill . But they keep your feet warmer when tagging they are also easy to polish like i am only an ac and i have no problem like all you higher rank people try harder also it helps to stuff ur boot . also i hate them because u can not get a snap it makes me soooooo mad

Quote Originally Posted by Mini_me_C
    yo this boots are made for hiking not drill . But they keep your feet warmer when tagging they are also easy to polish like i am only an ac and i have no problem like all you higher rank people try harder also it helps to stuff ur boot . also i hate them because u can not get a snap it makes me soooooo mad
    You sure we're talken bout the same boots here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmart
    You sure we're talken bout the same boots here?
    I'm pretty sure that this person is talking about the new CF ankle boots, which just so happens to be the topic of this thread

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

Mr.Spooka is on a distinguished road Mr.Spooka's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that this person is talking about the new CF ankle boots,
    Beilive you me, she's my sister , she IS talking about them boots and she CAN polish them realy well, not black glass but well, but as for me I HATE EM!!!!!!!!! Wearing these boots is one of the few timesi have been able to trip over my own toes. not to mentionthe leather is a rougher material that is hard to polish, I've had my pair since mid November, and they are still dull and take too long to polish, as for me I'll keep my old ones hidden for my interviews, and Annuals, because they are black glass
    Last edited by Mr.Spooka; 19th February 2006 at 17:24.
    on CI. Darren COOPER, 65 Iron Duke Sea Cadets
    WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED
    KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Tight_eyez is on a distinguished road
    Tong Yun Gai, Vancouver (You know that Supermarket on Keefer St.? Yeah, way East of that)
    古惑仔
    Leadership is a flavour of evil no one would lead you to do something you wanted to do anyways.
    Cogito ergo nom

They look a lot like the boots issued to me at bootcamp... I'd go back to my old cadet boots anyday, none of the boots I've gotten are great for polishing and I refuse to use leather luster on anything of mine.
    Ooh-Rah!

ya i am shure . i am in 62 squdon the new squdon we got are shipment of uniforms and they came with the new boots and the warren officer class 1 has the old boots still and in the levle one class she came up to me with the old boots and she said that her boots were better or how she said it hoter abit better than mine and i have the old boots . AND I AM SURE THEY ARE THE NEW ONES MR DUDE THAT ASKED ME and u can read mr.spooka`s massge it is ture

GO 62 PHANTOM SQUADRON

OK

I have to say Mini Me C Boots are good! She is just an AC but she was in Navy League for 3 year. That were she learned how the do boot! Pulse I was a cadet too once and I shoulder how to do them.
    2Lt. Cooper
    62 Grimsby Phantom canada

CW Chatter/SE Contributor of the Year - 2009 M. Arnott is on a distinguished road M. Arnott's Avatar
    I take back my comment. An AC has the new ones now.
    SLt Morgan Arnott
    189 RCSCC PORT AUGUSTA

Are you following CW on Twitter?

I think they look like dance shoes, (so does my chief WO :P)
    Sgt. Bhatti

132 Spitfire Sqn.

Aircrew Survival Coldlake/2005/intake 3

RC(Air)C

Quote Originally Posted by phat_pilot
    They look quite similar to the second gen, but these ones are more of a mid-level height and they are just black and grey, no logos or anything
    I was wondering if anyone has a picture of these new runners. our corps hasn't got them in. but the new boots they sure's the heck do lol. so if anyone has a picture of the new cadet runners that they could post that would be great thanks

-Aurielle-
    CPO2 Aurielle Moore

The new boots are CSA approved and have a steel or fiberglass insert in the toe and a steel plate to prevent nail punctures through the sole. They are in effect Safety Boots.

Quote Originally Posted by hoi
    yeh thats what they are, not very good, in my opinion....you cant do that sharp "bang" sound...

One of the kids in my corps has them and we think he is tring to be "hard core" by stomping but when really its his boots they make more of a *thud* then a *bang*
    Samantha Green

Exaggerated drill (ie. going out of your way to try and make a loud bang), shows a lack of self-discipline, or something to that effect (I don't have my 201 with me ATM), so why would it matter whether you're able to make a huge slap or bang with these new boots anyways?

JB

Would you rather have a nice sharp band then a thud i understand what your saying and i agree with it but its the sound that gets me!
    Samantha Green

You aren't seeing what I am saying though. The sound is irrelevant. How you LOOK is what's key.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by Juice
    You aren't seeing what I am saying though. The sound is irrelevant. How you LOOK is what's key.

JB
    Juice is right, thud or bang have nothing to do with drill, if the squad does everything in unison that is what is needed, and if it is done in unison the thuds are like one. I don't care what it sounds like, as long as it is in unison and the drill movement is done properly.